Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bluearmy 316

Where are the Pearson haters now?

At the end of the day, the people who backed Pearson thoroughly and never doubted him(Like me), just know what they are talking about because we arnt knee-jerk. Oh and no im not just saying it because the way we have started...he has been class for us ever since 2008 and Ive always rated the bloke. He has made some mistakes, but this is the best bloody era weve had for over a decade.

He took us from the wilderness, made us fun to watch and gave us a sound footing to kick on to bigger things.

I said last season in Jan/Feb time..'Even if we dont get promoted this season, as long as we aint struggling for relegation, Pearson should stay'. I still agree with that this year...even if we dont make playoffs this year Id keep him again. Hes a top bloke and a top manager, he will get it right..whether its this season, the next or the one after that! I firmly believe we will return quicker to the EPL than if we keep changing managers and having transitional seasons.

Patience is the key...all these clubs who consistently change managers for little to no success(even get worse)..I really dont get some peoples logic.

I tell you what if he gets us into the EPL(after all the 'crap' hes had) and then keeps us there then he will truly go down as a Legend. After getting us up from league 1 and making us consistently competitive back at this level..to then get us promoted and then keep us there..it will go down as legend status. Id love this to happen and IMO 99% sure it would happen given patience.

You don't think that this "Best era in a decade" is a little too short a time scale???? 

This is why fans are probably divided on NP ...... Younger fans that have the last decade as their reference have only seen mediocrity, and a slight improvement is great.

Older fans remember us as a top half premiership team and see the last decade as mediocre without much improvement.

Don't get me wrong - right now we have made a great start and I'm not actually talking about the last 7 games ..... I'm talking about to the end of last season when the "haters" (Ie people that support LCFC but don't rate NP) were in full voice.

With the squad and money at his disposal (until this season) a slight improvement was failure - we should have been promoted with that backing. 

If he does indeed get promotion and then keeps us up, then he won't be a legend he'll be doing well.

I crave a true legend and a real run of success so that you guys can see what we were referring to!!

You don't think that this "Best era in a decade" is a little too short a time scale???? 

This is why fans are probably divided on NP ...... Younger fans that have the last decade as their reference have only seen mediocrity, and a slight improvement is great.

Older fans remember us as a top half premiership team and see the last decade as mediocre without much improvement.

Don't get me wrong - right now we have made a great start and I'm not actually talking about the last 7 games ..... I'm talking about to the end of last season when the "haters" (Ie people that support LCFC but don't rate NP) were in full voice.

With the squad and money at his disposal (until this season) a slight improvement was failure - we should have been promoted with that backing. 

If he does indeed get promotion and then keeps us up, then he won't be a legend he'll be doing well.

I crave a true legend and a real run of success so that you guys can see what we were referring to!!

Sums up the difference in points of view perfectly.

I hope he gets us up this season as that seems the only way to get rid of him..... Ten games into a Prem season and no points and we might get someone else...still, I won't hold my breath, the stability hunters probably want us to stay down so we can keep Nige forever, nice little play off semi every couple of years keeps us happy.....

Seriously though, there is no point just keep saying how great he is on here, even if I believed it - this is a similar start to last season and I wish him well, I just don't necessarily have the confidence yet that we can keep it up or that all the teams that are going to challenge have hit their stride yet. Reckon as ever the first real signs will come around Xmas, but even that can fool you.

Don't worry Nige fans, I am sure the board will liven up if we hit a bad patch.

He's out of contract at the end of the season.

Funny that the supposed realists (not necessarily you) have been talking about relegation, bottom half finishes, whereas his fans/ lovers expect a promotion push. So, if anyone wants stability or negative seasons, don't look at the Pearsonites.

Good post Waller.

I hope he gets us up this season as that seems the only way to get rid of him..... Ten games into a Prem season and no points and we might get someone else...still, I won't hold my breath, the stability hunters probably want us to stay down so we can keep Nige forever, nice little play off semi every couple of years keeps us happy.....

Seriously though, there is no point just keep saying how great he is on here, even if I believed it - this is a similar start to last season and I wish him well, I just don't necessarily have the confidence yet that we can keep it up or that all the teams that are going to challenge have hit their stride yet. Reckon as ever the first real signs will come around Xmas, but even that can fool you.

Don't worry Nige fans, I am sure the board will liven up if we hit a bad patch.

You never name the manager who you think should replace NP. If you are so sure NP isn't the right man then name the person who should be in charge!!

You never name the manager who you think should replace NP. If you are so sure NP isn't the right man then name the person who should be in charge!!

Actually have done this loads of times, it is a moving target though, we are not in a headhunting position right now. Have you noticed though that unlike even Megson, Nige has never been either headhunted (except by us) or even mentioned as a replacement for any sacked manager.........

If he keeps thisup then I can almost overlook the three wasted years caused by his little strop over not being introduced to Top by Milan three years ago.

Actually have done this loads of times, it is a moving target though, we are not in a headhunting position right now. Have you noticed though that unlike even Megson, Nige has never been either headhunted (except by us) or even mentioned as a replacement for any sacked manager.........

If he keeps thisup then I can almost overlook the three wasted years caused by his little strop over not being introduced to Top by Milan three years ago.

It's maybe because we've been able to fence off any interests from other clubs so far - until when is Pearson's contract running again?

Also, being one of the many unemployed managers these days means you're nothing but cannon fodder. Get a gun for hire in for the quick fix, then drop him again once the owners have settled for a new kid in town.

It's been done over and over again and those guys hardly ever stay for the long run, they're hired to steady the ship in times of crisis, nothing else.

Not being on the same list than Gary Megson could be a blessing in disguise - for a club counting on stability.

I'd avoid engaging the troll in discussion if I were you. He's a complete waste of time. And you'll notice he conveniently avoided giving you an answer with his 'moving target' line. Bottom line is he hasn't got a Scooby.

That is a good post and I do agree. This is the best Ive ever had being a younger fan, and I can see from someone whoes seen great era's in the ful (96-00) would think this is probably nothing special. I still think taking us up from league 1 at the FIRST attempt is under estimated. He inherited a total sh*te squad and he bought some cracking players and completely turned around a dark DARK situation.

Now when you said 'with the squad/money at his disposal..' etc etc..that wasnt Nige's fault..Sven SHOULD have been promoted with that backing. Nige has had to sort a total MESS out and did that alot quicker than most of us fans would of thought! To be top of the table last season and 2nd in feb, we were far far better placed than even the most optamistic would think if were all being honest!

What happened in the end of the season, some knee-jerkers jumped on the bandwagon but to be honest with you, I never doubted he could turn it around and so far this season hes continued to prove doubters wrong..In fact Its a pleasure to have owners who dont hire and fire stupidly and think about the best for the club - Give time and patience.

Nige could easily become a true legend. He is a big part of how far weve come in the last few years and if he continues to take us back to the top then why couldnt he become a legend? The days of winning cups and battling the top 4 is over for clubs like us. So if your wanting that then we'll never have another legend!

If Nige got us in the top 10 in prem and in europe then he truely would of turned a club round single handly more than any other manager has done at any other club.

If he does that he'll be better than MON IMO.

That is a good post and I do agree. This is the best Ive ever had being a younger fan, and I can see from someone whoes seen great era's in the ful (96-00) would think this is probably nothing special. I still think taking us up from league 1 at the FIRST attempt is under estimated. He inherited a total sh*te squad and he bought some cracking players and completely turned around a dark DARK situation.

Now when you said 'with the squad/money at his disposal..' etc etc..that wasnt Nige's fault..Sven SHOULD have been promoted with that backing. Nige has had to sort a total MESS out and did that alot quicker than most of us fans would of thought! To be top of the table last season and 2nd in feb, we were far far better placed than even the most optamistic would think if were all being honest!

What happened in the end of the season, some knee-jerkers jumped on the bandwagon but to be honest with you, I never doubted he could turn it around and so far this season hes continued to prove doubters wrong..In fact Its a pleasure to have owners who dont hire and fire stupidly and think about the best for the club - Give time and patience.

Nige could easily become a true legend. He is a big part of how far weve come in the last few years and if he continues to take us back to the top then why couldnt he become a legend? The days of winning cups and battling the top 4 is over for clubs like us. So if your wanting that then we'll never have another legend!

If Nige got us in the top 10 in prem and in europe then he truely would of turned a club round single handly more than any other manager has done at any other club.

If he does that he'll be better than MON IMO.

I absolutely see all your points, as I think you do mine ....... The fundamental difference is that you're happy with the progress because it is progress .....

I see limited progress as limited progress against a much bigger target that should and would have been achieved quicker with a better manager.

But hey, we're covering old ground because as I said in the original post, we're 8/9 games into this season and doing absolutely fine. I also have a feeling he's signed some decent signings that aren't yet playing so maybe more to come.

There's one thing that worries me about NP - and that's that he's more like you than me!!!!!! (I'm not being horrible to you here) .... I just mean that his expectations seem to be quite low too, he doesn't inspire greatness. 

MON didn't sign Savage from Crew or Izzet from Chelsea reserves and say "fight for your place (you might be a first teamer one day) but you've got alot to learn" (paraphrasing what he said about knockie) .... He'd say "become part of this club's history, be the best that this club has ever seen"

Where's he going to go?

There are lost of clubs he could go to that he would consider a side step in this division but not many that would actually be viewed as a "step up" and to get a job in the Premier League these days you need at least some top level experience in most cases.......

I absolutely see all your points, as I think you do mine ....... The fundamental difference is that you're happy with the progress because it is progress .....

I see limited progress as limited progress against a much bigger target that should and would have been achieved quicker with a better manager.

But hey, we're covering old ground because as I said in the original post, we're 8/9 games into this season and doing absolutely fine. I also have a feeling he's signed some decent signings that aren't yet playing so maybe more to come.

There's one thing that worries me about NP - and that's that he's more like you than me!!!!!! (I'm not being horrible to you here) .... I just mean that his expectations seem to be quite low too, he doesn't inspire greatness. 

MON didn't sign Savage from Crew or Izzet from Chelsea reserves and say "fight for your place (you might be a first teamer one day) but you've got alot to learn" (paraphrasing what he said about knockie) .... He'd say "become part of this club's history, be the best that this club has ever seen"

We once had a "better" (more decorated) manager at the helm of this club and he failed in achieving promotion.

Whether another ("better") would have gotten us promoted (quicker), remains completely hypothetical - wishful thinking on your behalf.

As for Pearson's feelings and hopes about this club, he doesn't really give away a lot during interviews, but suggesting he's got low expectations is misleading.

There are already enough managers out there who play the media fiddle as they wish, coming out with bold statements and roaring boasts that have little to no effect on the development during the season.

I prefer the low-key, realistic and down-to-earth approach by Pearson.

He's out of contract at the end of the season.

Funny that the supposed realists (not necessarily you) have been talking about relegation, bottom half finishes, whereas his fans/ lovers expect a promotion push. So, if anyone wants stability or negative seasons, don't look at the Pearsonites.

"if anyone wants stability--don't look at the Pearson fans"! I am not a Pearson fan, but I want stability. Why would you not?

We once had a "better" (more decorated) manager at the helm of this club and he failed in achieving promotion.

Whether another ("better") would have gotten us promoted (quicker), remains completely hypothetical - wishful thinking on your behalf.

As for Pearson's feelings and hopes about this club, he doesn't really give away a lot during interviews, but suggesting he's got low expectations is misleading.

There are already enough managers out there who play the media fiddle as they wish, coming out with bold statements and roaring boasts that have little to no effect on the development during the season.

I prefer the low-key, realistic and down-to-earth approach by Pearson.

Give me the MON approach, His was the opposite, and his enthusiasm was on fire. That is the sort of Manager who truly inspires others, both on and off the field.

As I have said elsewhere, Pearson is doing a fine job thus far, but is a million miles from being inspiring.

Give me the MON approach, His was the opposite, and his enthusiasm was on fire. That is the sort of Manager who truly inspires others, both on and off the field.As I have said elsewhere, Pearson is doing a fine job thus far, but is a million miles from being inspiring.

Inspiring to who though? cos im pretty sure he inspires the players. I think 99% of our squad love him and love playing for him. Sure he seems a bit of a taskmaster or whatever, but just look at the team spirit within the camp. He does insoire the playets im sure.

If youre referring to the fans not being inspired becsuse of him then that's balls. You always state you support the club not the manager, so do so.

No I didn't I said 'although I think almost any manager could have got that team promoted'.

I was talking about the Leicester City team he was in charge of not some other team.

Utter BS. You do realise he signed Hobbs, Morrison, Dyer, Tunchev..and all 4 of these were absolutely crutial to us winning the league. We lost McCuarly, Stearman and Hume. Our back 4 consisted of N Gotty, Harry Worley amongst other crap! His signings in the close season were the reason we went promoted..again his eye for a signing gave us a stronger squad than we could of imagined.

Hindsite is a great thing but if someone else came in instead, he'd of had his own signings and if he got them wrong we could of rot for a few years at least..

Archived