Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bluearmy 316

Where are the Pearson haters now?

I can't believe some posters are making out that anyone who disagrees with the op hates Pearson. I'm a big fan of the guy and was well chuffed when he got invited back, I still think he's a top bloke now, and will sorely miss him when he does eventually leave. That does nothing, however, to change my opinion that the op is being myopic, selective, and hypocritical. I'm actually quite annoyed he's made me agree with posters who I normally think are twats.

Congratulations for reopening divisions on here,hopefully that won't translate onto the terraces. Yes well done you all supported Pearson when he failed, but that still doesn't mean you were correct. No-one knows where we would be if we had changed, so why don't we just enjoy a bit of unity and watch the team do the job.

Bassett and Megson were supposed to be guys with the knowledge to get a team up and look where that got us.

In fact the promotion managers were all lacking in premiership form. Of Little, O'Neil and Adams none had the CV that said they could get a team up and Little took 3 attempts.

I think we are where we want to be in the grand scheme of things.

I'm not talking about any other manager than Pearson, and I am stating an opinion that I have never been convinced he has what it takes.

We can compare Pearson to any manager through our history but it's irrelevant, as they were either sacked for not producing results, or produced results and after success with us moved to a bigger club.

What grips my shit is that because a lot don't agree Pearson is probably one of the best we have had we are haters,admittedly some have said that they hate him( one, maybe two people) but the majority have just not been convinced by him, does that make us haters?.

I have stated before his major failings, and cannot be bothered to list them again, but as of now he appears to have work on a lot of them and rectified them, but it's far to earlier to say.

I'm guessing a lot of Pearson doubters like me( sorry on foxes talk haters), are happy with the start and have no criticism as such to give, and a lot of the pro Pearson posters will probably not believe, we are happy to be doing well, and don't want Pearson to fail, as if he fails we stay down.

I think he has done a good job at Leicester, and hope but can't see him getting us that next step, but really hope he makes that step us this season, as if he doesn't I fear it will be his last here, as this would be his 3 rd attempt.

I absolutely hate Pearson. I think he's a depressing, re-active, unlikeable badger faced, fit daughter having tw@t. But what I do recognise is he is a talented manager and doing a good job.

I get the feeling many people cannot seperate their personal opinions of him to his job.

I absolutely hate Pearson. I think he's a depressing, re-active, unlikeable badger faced, fit daughter having tw@t. But what I do recognise is he is a talented manager and doing a good job.

I get the feeling many people cannot seperate their personal opinions of him to his job.

...which is frustrating because people's opinions of Nigel Pearson as a person are completely irrelevant.

Agree that it is too early for crowing, although those that were so sure that our bad run would carry on into this season because NP had neither the ability nor application to change it have certainly been put in their place.

I don't think anyone has been put in their place, the results improved but the performances prior to the last 2 games reeked of last season.

I'm hoping that come the end of the season I have been put in my place, I'm sure they'll be plenty of crowing should it happen, which is sad, we should be enjoying this together.

Has there ever been a thread with the title 'Where are the Coco bummers now?'

I don't think anyone has been put in their place, the results improved but the performances prior to the last 2 games reeked of last season.

I'm hoping that come the end of the season I have been put in my place, I'm sure they'll be plenty of crowing should it happen, which is sad, we should be enjoying this together.

Has there ever been a thread with the title 'Where are the Coco bummers now?'

See '40/1 for the drop I see'.

We should be enjoying good form together, but as has already been explained, its the nature and method of the negative posters that caused so much consternation between February and August. Wildly exaggerated, unfair, abusive, narrow-minded and simplistic rubbish, very much akin to trolling. For this reason, should we succeed this season there will be plenty of crowing, and it won't be sad, it will be far less than some posters deserve.

There haven't been any such threads because, for the millionth time, there are no 'Pearson-bummers'. The more positive posters were and are nowhere near as extreme as the negative ones, merely trying to emphasise the fact that NP had and has done a lot of good work for our Club, was not solely responsible for the Play-off defeats, and deserved to see out his contract.

We should be enjoying good form together, but as has already been explained, its the nature and method of the negative posters that caused so much consternation between February and August. Wildly exaggerated, unfair, abusive, narrow-minded and simplistic rubbish, very much akin to trolling. For this reason, should we succeed this season there will be plenty of crowing, and it won't be sad, it will be far less than some posters deserve.

There haven't been any such threads because, for the millionth time, there are no 'Pearson-bummers'. The more positive posters were and are nowhere near as extreme as the negative ones, merely trying to emphasise the fact that NP had and has done a lot of good work for our Club, was not solely responsible for the Play-off defeats, and deserved to see out his contract.

I am.

That would depend upon which side of the fence you are, I see the pros as being much more abusive to the antis than the other way around.

As the poster who made the person out thread last season and many more since 2008(including one this season when we went 1-0 down at boro), I thought this is aim at me a bit. We're all Leicester fans and their no need to gloat because you can look very stupid, very quickly. Say we lose the next 6 games. He'll be sacked. Say Vardy starts playing like he did last season in the next 6 games. He'll be out on loan at some league 2 team.

Just one point on the OP. I absolutely hate the use of the word 'hungry' to describe players. It normally follows 'young' and will probably be followed up with something about a player 'wanting to be here'. i understand that it is used to describe a player starting out in the game, keen to make his mark and achieve success. But it's such a nonsense piece of English.

if hungry really is a criteria for signing players we wouldn't be looking at Gary taylor-fletcher. He's definitely not been going hungry.

Absolute Tosh!

After winning just 3 of the last 17 game last season, one of the worst runs in the clubs history, and blowing the best chance of promotion in years, with him seemingly struggling to turn things around,  fans had every right to have concerns.

The football club i support is Leicester City FC, not Nigel Pearson FC.

We have started this season very well, and the last two performances have been encouraging, but we are only in September.

I have no problem with Nigel Pearson the person, i couldn`t give a toss about him to be honest, my only concern is how my football club is performing while he is here.

While we are performing well, and i feel we are going in the right direction i will be happy, and Pearson or any other manager who happens to be in charge for that matter, will have my full support, but if we go on another disastrous run like the one we suffered at the buisness end of last season, i will not be happy!

To say that some fans hope we lose, so they can have a dig at Pearson, is not only ridiculous, it`s actually insulting to those fans.

Its insulting to NP when fans choose to focus on the bad run above all else. What about the rest of the season which was so good we sneaked into the playoffs in spite the shit run. Forget the FFP restraints, forget what he did for us in his previous tenure. hes the best manager weve had in 10 years bar none. forget that Cardiff bottled it several times. Easy to say currently i am aware but ive always had these views.

Hey! It's the classic thread of the summer.

All you little eager beavers logging in every day only to have your hopes dashed with yet again with zero transfer news. 

I kept this place going. ME! ON MY OWN. I AM FOXES TALK!!

Absolute Tosh!

After winning just 3 of the last 17 game last season, one of the worst runs in the clubs history, and blowing the best chance of promotion in years, with him seemingly struggling to turn things around,  fans had every right to have concerns.

The football club i support is Leicester City FC, not Nigel Pearson FC.

We have started this season very well, and the last two performances have been encouraging, but we are only in September.

I have no problem with Nigel Pearson the person, i couldn`t give a toss about him to be honest, my only concern is how my football club is performing while he is here.

While we are performing well, and i feel we are going in the right direction i will be happy, and Pearson or any other manager who happens to be in charge for that matter, will have my full support, but if we go on another disastrous run like the one we suffered at the buisness end of last season, i will not be happy!

To say that some fans hope we lose, so they can have a dig at Pearson, is not only ridiculous, it`s actually insulting to those fans.

I think what pro-Pearson posters find frustrating about posters like you, is that you're calling for his head when we're losing regardless of other factors. None of us were pleased when we went on that dreadful run, but we could see that he had built what was undeniably a talented young squad that was only going to improve in the seasons that would follow. If people like you had got your wish and he had been sacked after one poor run then there's every chance that all of that would have been undone as we jumped back on the managerial merry-go-round. Posters who want a manager to be sacked every time we have a poor run really frustrate me because they're often not willing to take a step back and look at whether the manager has had a positive or negative impact on the club. Teams go through rough patches it happens to everyone, we will have a bad patch again at some point this season but it doesn't mean that the person in charge isn't good enough. The only fair way to judge a manager is to look at their performance over the course of a full season and last year, despite an appalling run of form at the end, we finished exactly where we as fans said we expected the club to finish.

I have looked at people's thoughts on this on this and other boards.

My findings are that because he is not media friendly and appear a little cold, this will form a negative opinion in some people. They cannot separate his personality from the results.

My second finding is that there is another element of people that do not like him, but them when they have to respond about MON or Brian Little they can find a negative with those managers too. So basically negative people who like to try and drag you down to their level.

If you were to take a results view, which is what this game is about, you will see his record being very good.

It kind of makes me like him more, when people cannot understand his strengths due to looking too much into his personality.

With Mark_w on this, it is not about posters criticising Pearson, it is about the posters that clearly have an agenda against Pearson. He is undeniably the most successful manager we have had since Mickey Adams, and that is a lot of managers, he may not be the best manager in the world, but he is the best we've had and the best we could get. It's like the posters that criticise Lloyd Dyer for being one dimensional, or King for not having more influence on the game. 

NEWSFLASH 

We can't attract the best players, the best manager, and at the moment we can't afford them either, based on the last 10 years we are an upper championship side, we attract upper championship players and managers, we finish in the play-offs, to get promoted we need one thing and that is that bit of magic that gets everything clicking at the same time. We've seen it before with these player and this manager, last season we went on winning runs unheard of in the past 10 years. We have the players and manager to get promoted. 

So what I don't get is the hatred and vitriol aimed at the best manager resultswise in the last decade, not to mention frugal and forward thinking. We are in a better position now than at any point in the last decade to actually get promoted and stay up, and I just want to ask all of those Pearson haters, who would you replace him with, and what proof do you have they could do a better job? Just to give you an idea of the job managers are up against at Leicester, managers that have failed here:

Craig Levein

Rob Kelly

Nigel Worthington

Martin Allen

Gary Megson

Ian Holloway

Paulo Sousa

Sven Gorn Eriksson

Probably missed a couple, but the point is we don't seem to be an easy team to manager, managers with more experience than NP have failed here, and managers have done badly here and gone on to better things, this is a poisoned chalice and the only person who has sipped from it and succeeded is NP, so why do people hate him? I just don't get it.

I think NP is now showing us what he has been trying to put together since his return, an actual team. A group who work hard and play for each other.

As an aside I think pearsons subtle handling of knocky has been superb, allowing him time after the playoff and preventing any potential suitors in the transfer window by not showing him off too much. He seems to have been much more involved since the window shut.

The title of the thread has got lost, methinks.

Well, little chappie, we are not haters, but those of us who do not believe he is right for the job, are still here, don't you worry.

The proof of the pudding will be at the end of the season, and not before.

Why were posters like you calling for him to be sacked at several points during the season if we can't judge the manager till the end then?

Why were posters like you calling for him to be sacked at several points during the season if we can't judge the manager till the end then?

Equally you cant give people shit for judging on a bad run if you rub noses in after just seven games, its madness that this thread can be justified in this manner.

Archived