Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bluearmy 316

Where are the Pearson haters now?

Based on what facts could "any manager" have done that? Sheff Wed/Utd , leeds and Notts Florest will all disagree with that. Its a tough league to get out of.

Doncaster managed it last season, many others have as well, including at least one who went straight back to the premier.

I also mentioned the team that we had, not Sheff W, Leeds or Forests team.

Do you not have the intelligence to read a post properly before jumping straight in?

berk

Doncaster managed it last season, many others have as well, including at least one who went straight back to the premier.

Not the point.

The relegated team will always have the edge. So a decent proportion will be able to bounce back.

However, you didn't say we had the edge, you said "anyone could of done it" which is incorrect, and there are numerous examples of teams with backing and quality getting lost in that league for seasons. 

Not the point.

The relegated team will always have the edge. So a decent proportion will be able to bounce back.

However, you didn't say we had the edge, you said "anyone could of done it" which is incorrect, and there are numerous examples of teams with backing and quality getting lost in that league for seasons. 

No I didn't I said 'although I think almost any manager could have got that team promoted'.

I was talking about the Leicester City team he was in charge of not some other team.

I also mentioned the team that we had, not Sheff W, Leeds or Forests team.

Do you not have the intelligence to read a post properly before jumping straight in?

berk

I read your post and it made little to no sense, you argue based on generalisations and not fact. This is fun though, the more you post in anger the more I am proved right.

No I didn't I said 'although I think almost any manager could have got that team promoted'.

I was talking about the Leicester City team he was in charge of not some other team.

Same difference

There have been better teams than us get lost in that league for seasons. So clearly it is not that simple. 

I'm a big Pearson fan but I hate these threads! All it does it give the Pearson haters more of a platform to slag him off

Unless you don't slag him off - and then you're criticised for not being visible when things are going well ......

There's only one acceptable position as an LCFC fan on FT  - and that's love NP, even if you don't!!

But you overlook a number of key points about that.

It was him who put that team together, and got the best out of the ones who stuck around.  So things could have worked out different if he hadn't been appointed and we may not have been promoted. 

That's all if's and but's.  But it seems that for the "haters" it's a point that they like to make in the sense that it wasn't really a great achievement because any one could have done the same job, overlooking the fact that he bought in players like Hobbs and Dyer and got the best of of the likes of Fryatt.  Players who played an important role the following season in getting us into the playoffs.

And that's kinda my point from my earlier post, it's about the good work he continually does for us

I was just answering in the same vein as your posts.

How difficult is it to understand:

'That is one thing I do thank Pearson for, although I think almost any manager could have got that team promoted, he gave me back my pride in my club after we'd reached ourr lowest point ever.'

Unless you don't slag him off - and then you're criticised for not being visible when things are going well ......

There's only one acceptable position as an LCFC fan on FT  - and that's love NP, even if you don't!!

Unless you're from the other camp - hate him even if you don't.

"lovers" and "haters" are just as bad as each other.  No middle ground, it's all quite clearly black or white.  I kinda like the grey patch in the middle

Unless you're from the other camp - hate him even if you don't.

"lovers" and "haters" are just as bad as each other.  No middle ground, it's all quite clearly black or white.  I kinda like the grey patch in the middle

Me too .... but as someone that has criticised NP I'm conveniently pigeon holed as a "Hater" .... Fact is, I don't warm to him much as a bloke, but he seems to have done alot of work on his weaknesses over the summer ..... And he appears to have learnt some lessons from last season.

That's great and is good news ..... I recognise that and welcome it, and am happy to change my mind as it continues. But the closed minded Lovers will gloat and see that pragmatism and flexibility as proof that they were always right and will gloat ... that's what i find irritating.

'That is one thing I do thank Pearson for, although , he gave me back my pride in my club after we'd reached ourr lowest point ever.'

Nothing like giving him a bit of credit! Do you even remember how much of a mess we were in?

Me too .... but as someone that has criticised NP I'm conveniently pigeon holed as a "Hater" .... Fact is, I don't warm to him much as a bloke, but he seems to have done alot of work on his weaknesses over the summer ..... And he appears to have learnt some lessons from last season.

That's great and is good news ..... I recognise that and welcome it, and am happy to change my mind as it continues. But the closed minded Lovers will gloat and see that pragmatism and flexibility as proof that they were always right and will gloat ... that's what i find irritating.

That's the irony of it all I guess.

I just fall on the side of the Lovers where as you just fall on the side of the haters.  The truth of it all is we're standing right by the fence that divides the two discussing this.

But the closed minded Lovers will gloat and see that pragmatism and flexibility as proof that they were always right and will gloat ... that's what i find irritating.

So you're claiming the people who said we should stick by Pearson because he's a good manager weren't right then? Surely our good start to the season has vindicated their opinion that we should stick by the manager, despite the poor run at the end of last season?

Ferguson needed time to build wenger has won anything in years Brandon Rodgers has been given time to build are they bad managers because they didn't achieve overnight success moyes has never won a thing? What's the difference with Nigel Pearson can't some fans see the bigger picture and some don't. We are building for the now and the future it takes time look at Swansea and Cardiff who are around the same size of club to us. We are in great hands with Nigel he's a young manager and has and will make mistakes but he has shown he learns from mistakes. I believe there is nobody better who we could realistically get to take our club forward

Pearson put that team together, he only took Oakley, Fryatt and Howard who were regulars the year before. Morrison, Hobbs, Dyer, Berner, Powell, Gilbert, Tunchev were all his own signings, King was a youth player given a permanent position.

So you're claiming the people who said we should stick by Pearson because he's a good manager weren't right then? Surely our good start to the season has vindicated their opinion that we should stick by the manager, despite the poor run at the end of last season?

They seem to CURRENTLY be right. Just as those that criticised him were absolutely right to do so during one of the worst runs in the club's history.

What they don't seem to understand though is that the gloating of being right sets them up for a fall ..... 

Or pretend he's awful and disregard any positives

I state my opinion, positive or negative. 

Ferguson needed time to build wenger has won anything in years Brandon Rodgers has been given time to build are they bad managers because they didn't achieve overnight success moyes has never won a thing? What's the difference with Nigel Pearson can't some fans see the bigger picture and some don't. We are building for the now and the future it takes time look at Swansea and Cardiff who are around the same size of club to us. We are in great hands with Nigel he's a young manager and has and will make mistakes but he has shown he learns from mistakes. I believe there is nobody better who we could realistically get to take our club forward

The bigger picture is that he'd had quite alot of time and didn't seem to be getting anywhere, and that he's not that young ........

Both those arguments are used as black and white, he's young, he's had no time ...... He's actually reasonably experienced and has had a decent amount of time ...... Fortunately, right now it seems that he's getting it mostly right.

'That is one thing I do thank Pearson for, although I think almost any manager could have got that team promoted, he gave me back my pride in my club after we'd reached ourr lowest point ever.'

Yes but the highlighted statement is incorrect, how hard is that to understand. 

Archived