Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hirsty The Blue 94

Barnsley pre-match chatter.

Would deffo go with a cautious approach for this. Really want a win so would go 3-5-2 and keep it tight. Reckon even with that, we'd get the win and then we dont have to worry too much about winning Tuesday.

The key to winning the league is to not fvck around with all the 'we should be battering these' and just concentrate on winning games. Leave nothing to chance and take no risks.

Really don't understand this. We're at home to a team in poor form who are leaking goals. We've been at our best this season when we've played 442 with positive, attacking football. Why would you want to revert to an ultra-defensive formation which has seen us barely registering a shot on goal every time we've played it? I can almost understand the thinking behind parking the bus against a top team away, though even then I think it's a flawed approach, but against a relatively poor side at home? Makes no sense.

Attack if the best form of defence, play to win etc. These are cliches for a reason.

Really don't understand this. We're at home to a team in poor form who are leaking goals. We've been at our best this season when we've played 442 with positive, attacking football. Why would you want to revert to an ultra-defensive formation which has seen us barely registering a shot on goal every time we've played it? I can almost understand the thinking behind parking the bus against a top team away, though even then I think it's a flawed approach, but against a relatively poor side at home? Makes no sense.

Attack if the best form of defence, play to win etc. These are cliches for a reason.

I agree. Would be a bit demoralising for the players if we shaped up cautiously against Barnsley at home. Would show a bit of lack of faith imo

Mate, you're Leicester City. Hardly a big hitter. 

We've spent 76 years at this level. I'd hardly call that punching well above our weight. But yes, we are a small club at this level. A small club that you failed to beat last season, or the season before. 

Weren't you in the third tier more recently, too? When we bought Hume off you? 

Ok, you've had a rich investor come in since. But sticking a gold ring on a dog turd doesn't stop it from being a dog turd. 

Another failed push for promotion it is then. And you say we're going nowhere....

Our only season in the third tier in 129 years of football, yes.

We don't claim to be Real Madrid, but Leicester City's contribution and impact on English football has been far, far greater than Barnsley's. 

Before you run back to your forum giggling like a schoolgirl at that comment; think about where Lineker, Banks, Shilton, Weller, Rowley and Izzet plied their trade.

You arrogant b'stards.  :thumbup:

But seriously, it is quite strange to read the thoughts of Leicester City fans ahead of a game against us. I honestly do end up leaving your forum thanking my lucky stars that we get to appear at the Kung Fu stadium and pit our wits against the likes of Dyer, Vardy and co. We can only aspire to such great heights that your club have reached in your illustrious history. 

I last logged on here the last time we played (and beat) you. Well, the day before actually. I read similar things then. Before O'Grady dominated you into submission. I hope you've sorted that backline out since then. 

I also recall Drinky getting stick left, right and centre. Not good enough etc etc. Shone in a 'poor' Barnsley side, etc etc. 

Changed your tunes, now.. 

Good luck to you tomorrow, and for the rest of the season. It's only football, and we're hardly rivals, are we? I don't even think you have one, do you? I mean, Forest have Derby and vice versa. Notts County, Coventry perhaps? I dunno. 

We'll give debuts to Fox and Butland tomorrow, and McCourt gets his first start. In a 5-4-1. 

I fancy us to be much improved and thus sneak a 3-0 defeat.  lol

You f'ucking Reds!

how do you feel now son?

one step closer to relegation 

Archived