Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hirsty The Blue 94

Barnsley pre-match chatter.

Possible line up, score prediction etc?

Personally would go back to the 4-4-2 and play with a lot of width to try get down the sides of them.

Kasper

RDL

Moore

Morgan

Konch

Knockeart

Drinkwater

King

Dyer

Vardy

Nugent

Think we will nick it 2-1 after going behind again.

100% that team

Kasper

Moore - Morgan - Wasyl (if fit)

De Laet                                           Konchesky

Hammond

King  -     James

Knockaert

Vardy

3-5-2 will be ideal for this sort of game to ensure they don't crowd out our midfield, although it's imperative that De Laet and Konchesky get forward whenever possible to offer width.

I very much doubt he'll play Knockaert 'in the hole' but I live in hope.

I would like to see this against a Barnsley side. With the pace in our side and the solidness of our defence we could hit 6 past Barnsley

Schmeichel 

Moore

Morgan

Wasyl

De Laet

Drinkwater

King

Schlupp

Knockaert

Vardy

Nugent

Logan, Miquel, Koncheskey, James, Hammond, Taylor-Fletcher, Wood

100% this but... it will be this....

Kasper

RDL

Moore

Morgan

Konch

Knockeart

Drinkwater

King

Dyer

Vardy

Nugent

NP will play same LEAGUE team. 

Kasper

Moore - Morgan - Wasyl (if fit)

De Laet Konchesky

Hammond

King - James

Knockaert

Vardy

3-5-2 will be ideal for this sort of game to ensure they don't crowd out our midfield, although it's imperative that De Laet and Konchesky get forward whenever possible to offer width.

I very much doubt he'll play Knockaert 'in the hole' but I live in hope.

Top scorer and most in form midfielder dropped. Not keen on this.

I see the game against Barnsley, funnily enough, as a bit of a test.

As we know, we've got a great tradition of playing well against top teams and struggling against weaker ones. Take last season - we played well against all the other top six teams. Very unlucky to only draw against Cardiff away, had all the chances to beat them at home; took 4 points against Hull and Brighton; and did ok against Crystal Palace. I'd say Watford is the only one out of the top five we really struggled against last season.

But compare that to the bottom teams, which we should always be looking at getting 4 points against over the two games: (final league position, followed by results and points gained):

17. Blackburn (H 3-0, A 1-2) 3 points

18. Sheff W (H 0-1, A 2-0) 3 points

19. Hudd'field (H 6-1, A 2-0) 6 points

20. Millwall (H 0-1, A 0-1) 0 points

21. Barnsley (H 2-2, A 0-2) 1 point

----------------------------------------

22. Peterboro (H 2-0, A 1-2) 3 points

23. Wolves (H 2-0, A 1-2) 3 points

24. Bristol (H 2-0, A 4-0) 6 points

Although that's not a terrible record, it's not exactly brilliant either. We failed to beat Barnsley both home and away, so I'm treating Saturday's game as a bit of a benchmark.

If we get 3 points, as I believe we will, it is a sign that we've improved in a crucial part of the game to make this a successful season - win when we are expected to. Didn't happen often enough last season. 

Blackpool was a perfect example of how 4-4-2 doesn't work against physical sides that try and crowd the midfield. 3-5-2 for me this Saturday.

Would say it was more relevant that it's not a system we should play away from home. When we have played 3-5-2 this season we have created virtually nothing (Boro until we changed it, Leeds, Charlton) and we lack any width as Konch and De Laet's decisions in the final 3rd are poor.

Would say it was more relevant that it's not a system we should play away from home. When we have played 3-5-2 this season we have created virtually nothing (Boro until we changed it, Leeds, Charlton) and we lack any width as Konch and De Laet's decisions in the final 3rd are poor.

Definitely. 4-4-2 is what we should play at home. No need to pack the midfield as the away side will do that anyway on most occasions.

if the opposition pack the midfield and we counter that, it will most likely be a tight 0-0 or a set piece to bail us out at best(or worse if they get something to hold onto). That isnt the way to play. Against teams we 'should' be beating, we play how WE play BEST. 4 4 2, take the game to them. They will be forced to come out if we score first.

Kasper

De Laet Moore Morgan Schlupp

Knocky King Drinky Dyer

Vardy Nugent

Subs: Wood, James, Wassa, Hammond, Konch, GTF, Logan.

Archived