Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hirsty The Blue 94

Barnsley pre-match chatter.

We take 5,000 to Hillsborough. Took 6,000 to Man City and 4,000 to MK Dons last season. 6,000 to Huddersfield.

We don't fetch many to your gaff because you're Leicester. Oh, and the prices are obscene.

The City of Leicester has a population of around 350,000 does it not? That's just the City.

Barnsley town has around 75,000.

The larger urban area of Leicester totals at around 600,000. The 'borough' of Barnsley stands at around 200,000.

Either way, you go work out the population of your clubs location, in comparison to ours. Then correlate the average gates of both clubs.

We'll outnumber you in terms of percentages. In a big way.

Just like we do with other one club Cities like Leeds.

So you're daft as a brush to start an attendance dig. Seriously. Only 25,000 of your 300,000 populated city support your club? Yet 11,000 of our 75,000 populated town support ours? Hmmmmmm.

I was born here. Proud as fcccuuk I am to support my home town club. Unlike the vast morons who walk the town wearing Citeh and United shirts. Or Chelsea, even. Armchair wannnkkkers.

If you are a Leicester fan you get credit from me. Because - like us - nobody in their right mind would follow such an average club through choice. You made that decision because that's where you're from, or your family supported them etc. Proper clubs, proper fans.

But you're still all cnnuuttts that have sold out. lol

The club that gave us Emile Heskey. And Steve Claridge (in fact, the entire BBC football team). No wonder you're always on the FLS. Except tonight, because you're playing us and nobody wants to stay up and watch "the likes of Barnsley...".

;)

Our fanbase is double that but a lot of them have always been fair-weather fans and a lot simply can't afford to go anymore, we don't like the prices any more than you do.

There's a good 20000+ hardcore for this division though, which isn't bad considering the cost, 10 years out of the top flight, and the dislike by some of our manager and style of play

Please people stop with the my dad's bigger than your dad banter it does not show you in a good light  . 

I personally think Barnsley with the recent performances against us deserve a little more respect than "Easy" this or "Easy " that predictions .

My prediction- 3-1 City, Nugent (from open play off his bum ), Vardy x2  :scarf:

I was just thinking there a lot of our fans setting themselves up for a fall and a night of Barnsley fans coming on here crowing.

Considering our recent performances against them, I'll just be happy to scrape a 1-0 win.

They'll stick 10 behind the ball and leave 1 up hoping to score on the break or from a set piece, we always struggle against that and I can't see it being any different unless we nick an early goal

Whilst we're easily a much bigger side than Barnsley we should all know that counts for fcuk all in football.

I really hope our players don't turn up today with the attitude of some on here. Every side in this league deserves respect and if we don't afford that to Barnsley then they will win.

This and the next couple of games are, for me, a massive test for our club. If we really are going to be serious promotion contenders then nothing less than 9 points will really suffice. They will be a barometer of whether we have recovered our ambtion and confidence after the poor finish to last season.

I'd be very happy to take a 1-0 win now. We have more points than perhaps our performances have truly deserved, strikers who can't score from open play and set pieces which most of the time are pretty anaemic. Yet we are grinding out results.

Barnsley have shipped a lot of goals this season but their two latest loan signings will make it a lot harder for us today and they won't conceed that many every time they play. So unlike some I don't see us scoring that many.

We take 5,000 to Hillsborough. Took 6,000 to Man City and 4,000 to MK Dons last season. 6,000 to Huddersfield.

We don't fetch many to your gaff because you're Leicester. Oh, and the prices are obscene.

The City of Leicester has a population of around 350,000 does it not? That's just the City.

Barnsley town has around 75,000.

The larger urban area of Leicester totals at around 600,000. The 'borough' of Barnsley stands at around 200,000.

Either way, you go work out the population of your clubs location, in comparison to ours. Then correlate the average gates of both clubs.

We'll outnumber you in terms of percentages. In a big way.

Just like we do with other one club Cities like Leeds.

So you're daft as a brush to start an attendance dig. Seriously. Only 25,000 of your 300,000 populated city support your club? Yet 11,000 of our 75,000 populated town support ours? Hmmmmmm.

I was born here. Proud as fcccuuk I am to support my home town club. Unlike the vast morons who walk the town wearing Citeh and United shirts. Or Chelsea, even. Armchair wannnkkkers.

If you are a Leicester fan you get credit from me. Because - like us - nobody in their right mind would follow such an average club through choice. You made that decision because that's where you're from, or your family supported them etc. Proper clubs, proper fans.

But you're still all cnnuuttts that have sold out. lol

The club that gave us Emile Heskey. And Steve Claridge (in fact, the entire BBC football team). No wonder you're always on the FLS. Except tonight, because you're playing us and nobody wants to stay up and watch "the likes of Barnsley...".

;)

We took 6,000 to man city. 8,000 to forest. 4,000 to Huddersfield, and 5,000 to MK Dons and 4,000 to Wednesday. Big deal.

There's no way that if Barnsley had a 300k population you'd have 44,000 fans.

I'd also like you to bear in mind that we are one of the most multi cultural cities in the country. People coming from all walks of life and different countries are going to support different teams.

Either way. We always have been, and always will be a much bigger club than you.

The foxes compete with one of the world's best rugby clubs for fans, and still manage a more faithful following than Barnsley who can barely populate their own internet forum, let alone a stadium...

don't forget we got the rugby world cup in leicester at the kp in 2015 barnsley ain't got that 

I'll take a scrappy 1-0

Far too many people far too over confident ??

This league is amazing and last season proved that. The gap between relegation and playoffs 14 points tells its own story ..

Quite easily go on a losing run as a winning run?

1-0 will do .....

lol

Make no mistake this will be a tough game so I totally agree with you, any sort of win would be a good result

Would deffo go with a cautious approach for this. Really want a win so would go 3-5-2 and keep it tight. Reckon even with that, we'd get the win and then we dont have to worry too much about winning Tuesday.

The key to winning the league is to not fvck around with all the 'we should be battering these' and just concentrate on winning games. Leave nothing to chance and take no risks.

Not happy with the seemingly poor record against Barnsley recently given their relatively low stature. However if ever there was a game where Pearson could feel comfortable at throwing caution to the wind and starting Dyer and Knockaert in a 4-4-2 this is surely it. 

As much as Pearson had to find a plan B after the inertia mid-season last year, I really don't rate us with 3 very central midfielders in a 4-3-3. Almost worse is seeing Chris Wood on the front left of a front 3, and Nuge chasing the channels when he is (usually) our best finisher. 

Archived