Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hirsty The Blue 94

Barnsley pre-match chatter.

You arrogant b'stards.  :thumbup:

But seriously, it is quite strange to read the thoughts of Leicester City fans ahead of a game against us. I honestly do end up leaving your forum thanking my lucky stars that we get to appear at the Kung Fu stadium and pit our wits against the likes of Dyer, Vardy and co. We can only aspire to such great heights that your club have reached in your illustrious history. 

I last logged on here the last time we played (and beat) you. Well, the day before actually. I read similar things then. Before O'Grady dominated you into submission. I hope you've sorted that backline out since then. 

I also recall Drinky getting stick left, right and centre. Not good enough etc etc. Shone in a 'poor' Barnsley side, etc etc. 

Changed your tunes, now.. 

Good luck to you tomorrow, and for the rest of the season. It's only football, and we're hardly rivals, are we? I don't even think you have one, do you? I mean, Forest have Derby and vice versa. Notts County, Coventry perhaps? I dunno. 

We'll give debuts to Fox and Butland tomorrow, and McCourt gets his first start. In a 5-4-1. 

I fancy us to be much improved and thus sneak a 3-0 defeat.  lol

You f'ucking Reds!

I'd say a really cheeky 5-0 win for city I believe we're on the up performance wise and if we take all our chances or even 50% I think we will be giving someone a real hiding soon and I think it's coming sooner rather than later if we can put away those wasted chances it'll be a real demolition of the opponents we just need to finish more clinically !!

COYB !!

But seriously, it is quite strange to read the thoughts of Leicester City fans ahead of a game against us. I honestly do end up leaving your forum thanking my lucky stars that we get to appear at the Kung Fu stadium and pit our wits against the likes of Dyer, Vardy and co. We can only aspire to such great heights that your club have reached in your illustrious history. 

I last logged on here the last time we played (and beat) you. Well, the day before actually. I read similar things then. Before O'Grady dominated you into submission. I hope you've sorted that backline out since then. 

I also recall Drinky getting stick left, right and centre. Not good enough etc etc. Shone in a 'poor' Barnsley side, etc etc. 

Good luck to you tomorrow, and for the rest of the season. It's only football, and we're hardly rivals, are we? I don't even think you have one, do you? I mean, Forest have Derby and vice versa. Notts County, Coventry perhaps? I dunno. 

We'll give debuts to Fox and Butland tomorrow, and McCourt gets his first start. In a 5-4-1. 

You f'ucking Reds!

To be honest a lot of our fans praised Drinky when he played for you against us and said he looked a great gem. But we do have a better squad and we are a better club but that isn't how football works and you could easily get the 3 points tomorrow.  As for rivals who even cares about Barnsley? 

You f'ucking Reds!

You got lucky last time. The truth is, Barnsley always have been and always will be punching well above their weight in the championship. Small club, going nowhere (except maybe down). You wont win tomorrow. I'd bet my house on it.  Good luck to you aswell. You will need it alot more than we do.

From that Barnsley forum:

It's normally the teenage fans who can only remember the last couple of years who bash other clubs like this, wouldn't let it get to you. They've been one of the biggest spending clubs in the Championship for the last few years and that now seems to be coming to an end. To me they are more likely to end up back in League One than the Premier.

:D

Is it the news or the people in Barnsley that's slow? (Or both?) 

Think Barnsley could pull a shock tomorrow, certainly after their last two visits to the KP I'm not feeling overly-confident. Not sure if they're just on a bad-run and due to come good soon or whether the 'Flitcroft Factor' has worn off and they've been found out. They've made two good loan signings this week in Butland and Fox which will definitely give them a different dimension and help freshen their squad up. 

Think tomorrow is the kind of game where Lloyd Dyer could do a lot of damage, also have a feeling Nugent will silence some of his critics and score from open play. 

Think we'll edge this one 2-1 but don't think it will be as easy as some have made out. 

You got lucky last time. The truth is, Barnsley always have been and always will be punching well above their weight in the championship. Small club, going nowhere (except maybe down). You wont win tomorrow. I'd bet my house on it.  Good luck to you aswell. You will need it alot more than we do.

Mate, you're Leicester City. Hardly a big hitter. 

We've spent 76 years at this level. I'd hardly call that punching well above our weight. But yes, we are a small club at this level. A small club that you failed to beat last season, or the season before. 

Weren't you in the third tier more recently, too? When we bought Hume off you? 

Ok, you've had a rich investor come in since. But sticking a gold ring on a dog turd doesn't stop it from being a dog turd. 

Another failed push for promotion it is then. And you say we're going nowhere....

You f'ucking Reds!

Whilst you're playing the rivalry card, who are Barnsley's? Can't think of one myself

Mate, you're Leicester City. Hardly a big hitter. 

We've spent 76 years at this level. I'd hardly call that punching well above our weight. But yes, we are a small club at this level. A small club that you failed to beat last season, or the season before. 

Weren't you in the third tier more recently, too? When we bought Hume off you? 

Ok, you've had a rich investor come in since. But sticking a gold ring on a dog turd doesn't stop it from being a dog turd. 

Another failed push for promotion it is then. And you say we're going nowhere....

lol how many seasons were you in the Premier League? Did you enjoy your trip to Leicester on that solitary season? Nearly half of our History was in the top division and only 1 outside the top 2. Were in the top 20 biggest clubs in England..your not even in the top 50.

Enjoy your relegation fight again..must be getting tiring watching that drab every season with no hope ever to get back to the big time.

These next few games will define our season, our good start will be nothing if we don't beat the teams in the lower half, that has been our problem for the last few years losing to teams we shouldn't. next 4 games are against 4 of the weaker sides in the league, no offence meant to the little tyke coming on here, but it's true. I don't care how we win tomorrow just that we win and take it forwards and beat Yeovil.

We take 5,000 to Hillsborough. Took 6,000 to Man City and 4,000 to MK Dons last season. 6,000 to Huddersfield. 

We don't fetch many to your gaff because you're Leicester. Oh, and the prices are obscene. 

The City of Leicester has a population of around 350,000 does it not? That's just the City. 

Barnsley town has around 75,000. 

The larger urban area of Leicester totals at around 600,000. The 'borough' of Barnsley stands at around 200,000. 

Either way, you go work out the population of your clubs location, in comparison to ours. Then correlate the average gates of both clubs. 

We'll outnumber you in terms of percentages. In a big way. 

Just like we do with other one club Cities like Leeds. 

So you're daft as a brush to start an attendance dig. Seriously. Only 25,000 of your 300,000 populated city support your club? Yet 11,000 of our 75,000 populated town support ours? Hmmmmmm. 

I was born here. Proud as fcccuuk I am to support my home town club. Unlike the vast morons who walk the town wearing Citeh and United shirts. Or Chelsea, even. Armchair wannnkkkers. 

If you are a Leicester fan you get credit from me. Because - like us - nobody in their right mind would follow such an average club through choice. You made that decision because that's where you're from, or your family supported them etc. Proper clubs, proper fans. 

But you're still all cnnuuttts that have sold out.  lol

The club that gave us Emile Heskey. And Steve Claridge (in fact, the entire BBC football team). No wonder you're always on the FLS. Except tonight, because you're playing us and nobody wants to stay up and watch "the likes of Barnsley...". 

;)

All this talk on here I think im gonna stick 10 quid on them to win.

I was just thinking there a lot of our fans setting themselves up for a fall and a night of Barnsley fans coming on here crowing.

Considering our recent performances against them, I'll just be happy to scrape a 1-0 win.

They'll stick 10 behind the ball and leave 1 up hoping to score on the break or from a set piece, we always struggle against that and I can't see it being any different unless we nick an early goal

Archived