Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Penalties

Didn't we go through a spell of having a few in a row last season? I may be wrong, however seem to remember thinking we had a few in a row.

As for our luck changing? Well I had this arguement with someone last season (Can't remember who) someone claimed we had no luck and I responded by saying we need to make our own luck, this season we are - For example we are getting into better positions, we are getting into the box, running at the opposition, we make our own luck by getting into the penalty box and any challenge after that the opposition risk's a penalty.

No, first was against Blackpool in September, next was v Ipswich in November, then Blackpool away in February and Bolton at home in April, finally Watford in the play-offs.

It's not just the penalties we've been given, there have been quite a few nailed-on penalties that haven't been given.

Sounds weird to be pleased with penalties that weren't given but we are getting more dangerous balls in the box and running directly at opponents with pace so as long as we keep doing that and leaving opponents no choice but to foul, referees will be presented with a decision to make. Hopefully, more in our favour than not.

No excuses if we get to the last minute of the play-off semi then, we have a designated peno taker this season

I was thinking about that the other day. I got the feeling knocky will want to take one at some point.

The team came under quite a bit of stick for the way the Watford penalty panned out, not least Nugent for appearing to shy away.  Either he's stepped up or he's been told to step up but regardless, it's very healthy to have a player consistently sticking them away.

Archived