Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Penalties

I've noticed a massive increase in our favour recently! 

9 games played in the league - 5 penalties scored, Plus the two we've had in the cup.

compare that to last season, Where we hardly got any!

Looks like our luck is changing!

it's good to have Nugent taking them as well!

To be fair, apart from the Blackburn one, they've all been defo's for me.

I was a bit unsure about Nuge taking them early doors but he's unpredictable on where he's going to go and his pen Saturday was easily his best yet

I thought the pen Saturday was a beauty! Only seen the video highlights mind but i don't think any keeper would have saved that one.

Pace in this division wins you penalties, if you get quick players running into the box most championship defenders can't deal with it and bring them down. The same hapened for palace last year with Zaha. I think all of our penalties have been as a result of either Vardy or De Laet running into the box and being hauled down, long may it continue.

Anyone else think the peno shout in the first half was one of the most blatant this season?

Exactly what I was thinking. Their big centre back literally went through Knocky. Admittedly I was sitting in the Kop at the opposite side of the ground but it looked a stonewall peno!

From memory

King won the Wycombe penalty

Dyer won the Birmingham penalty

Vardy won the Carlisle penalty

Vardy won the Wigan penalty

De Laet won the Birmingham penalty

Drinkwater won the Blackpool penalty

Vardy won the Barnsley penalty

Any word on why Butland wasn't sent off on Saturday?

Haven't seen highlights but looked a cert red card from where I was sat on

Vardy played it across Butland rather than over him or at him, so I suppose the ref would say it wasn't a goalscoring opportunity for Vardy.

Vardy played it across Butland rather than over him or at him, so I suppose the ref would say it wasn't a goalscoring opportunity for Vardy.

Agree, it also looked a lot worse as Vardy was going at speed and went flying, but it was only minimal contact.

It's no coincidence that the one game where we have had a shit ref we lost. :ph34r:

It's also not true, there have been a lot of comments about poor refereeing, even in giving us dodgy penalties, it's just not dominated post match chat as it hasn't cost us points, except at Charlton. Refs are still shit, it's just they are spreading the shit evenly not just dumping it all on us.

Anyone else think the peno shout in the first half was one of the most blatant this season?

I was right behind it in the family stand. A foul would have been given anywhere else on the pitch yes and therefore by the letter of the law a penalty but if you give those, there would be a penalty given by every ref in every game. Knocky made a meal of it and even had treatment on the wrong leg.don't get me wrong, I ranted and raved at the time as you do but deep down I knew it wouldn't be given. re the Vardy pen, again I think he should have seen red but on the highlights he squared it to King who had a covering defender hence the ref had reason to bottle it and go for yellow. After the yellow, I was convinced Butland would save the pen as for some reason I always expect Nuge to miss and was prepared to get very annoyed as he shouldn't have been on the pitch!! But he didn't thank God. In fact how well did he take it!!

I've noticed a massive increase in our favour recently! 

9 games played in the league - 5 penalties scored, Plus the two we've had in the cup.

compare that to last season, Where we hardly got any!

Looks like our luck is changing!

it's good to have Nugent taking them as well!

Didn't we go through a spell of having a few in a row last season? I may be wrong, however seem to remember thinking we had a few in a row.

As for our luck changing? Well I had this arguement with someone last season (Can't remember who) someone claimed we had no luck and I responded by saying we need to make our own luck, this season we are - For example we are getting into better positions, we are getting into the box, running at the opposition, we make our own luck by getting into the penalty box and any challenge after that the opposition risk's a penalty.

Archived