Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

HOW MANY TIMES?!?!?!?!?

I dint like to resort to name calling but go and read everything you say, think about it and then tell me you are not an idiot. Do you know anything about football? Feat chef much championship stuff? We are not Barcelona, but we don't have to be we are trying to win the championship not the champions league!

And we wont be doing that either unless we improve 10 fold... 

Haha, whats wrong with the world?

No. Quite the opposite, 

People that sit back and say "that will do" or "I'll finish that tomorrow" is why the world is on its knees... 

And countries where hard work, and questioning performances, and wanting to improve even the slightest problems before they become a big one, are countries like china, the fastest growing in the world.

3/4 of the people on here would be happy with a 10/9 win.. Happy to score 10, and happy to concede 9 in the process?

I challenge the flaws. so should anyone?

Ha, fair point Lee, but you do bang on a bit. We won - enjoy it! And seriously, you don't want to send your kids to a Chinese sports academy.

CityfanLee is a good poster, he can make some decent posts, but then he can be controversial also.

But mate you don't need to be posting all the time and responding to everything.

You will get white finger, for typing too much.

Only saying this for your own good.

Ha, fair point Lee, but you do bang on a bit. We won - enjoy it! And seriously, you don't want to send your kids to a Chinese sports academy.

No dont get me wrong, on a forum its hard to show emotion! 

I love the fact we are winning! but I've spent the majority of the 2nd half thinking 2-0 we are going to fluff this... 2-0 we are getting lucky here!!

2-1 WE ARE DEFINITELY GOING TO FLUFF THIS!! 

why can't we just take more of our chances, I.e 16 shots 1 goal by a city player?

Why have we ALWAYS been so hear rippingly sweaty!

JUST SCORE!! 

But trust me, I'm ecstatic that we won lads! promise :)  :yahoo:

And we wont be doing that either unless we improve 10 fold...

Does anyone really think we're going to win the league this year? With QPR and their unlimited resources?

I thought play-offs was a reasonable shout this year, as long as we get out finances in order I don't really mind as long as its above midtable.

Exceeding expectations this year, keep it steady and we could do well this year.

CityfanLee is a good poster, he can make some decent posts, but then he can be controversial also.

But mate you don't need to be posting all the time and responding to everything.

You will get white finger, for typing too much.

Only saying this for your own good.

Fair point kingfox,  

Appreciate the compliment, I suppose it's hard to come across how you want on forums, most of the time the controversy is a harmless comment that gets out of hand  lol

Beers on me?  :beer:

Does anyone really think we're going to win the league this year? With QPR and their unlimited resources?

I thought play-offs was a reasonable shout this year, as long as we get out finances in order I don't really mind as long as its above midtable.

Exceeding expectations this year, keep it steady and we could do well this year.

Agree....

Just want us to do it a bit easier, I.E doing it when we have the chance and not throwing it away! (Almost)

Does anyone know how we are doing with FFP? assume we are under the guidelines

It is frustrating we didn't score more goals, granted, but I really don't think we did 'win ugly' as some have said. We created a lot of chances, which is the sign of a confident team. Cardiff last year generally did win ugly, having watched a few of their games they generally didn't create loads of chances. 

I think playing the likes of Forest, QPR and Reading will be a good test of how we're doing. Personally, I'm confident that we can stand up to those tests - we seem to have more steel about us. 

So far, I think we've got another gear or two to come yet. 

It is frustrating we didn't score more goals, granted, but I really don't think we did 'win ugly' as some have said. We created a lot of chances, which is the sign of a confident team. Cardiff last year generally did win ugly, having watched a few of their games they generally didn't create loads of chances. 

I think playing the likes of Forest, QPR and Reading will be a good test of how we're doing. Personally, I'm confident that we can stand up to those tests - we seem to have more steel about us. 

So far, I think we've got another gear or two to come yet. 

I just really hope we hit that gear, 

We definitely didnt win 'Ugly' but we could of almost drawn! through not being clinical when we had opportunities from 4 yards!  :thumbup:

Ohhhh Leicester  :scarf:

Fair point kingfox,  

Appreciate the compliment, I suppose it's hard to come across how you want on forums, most of the time the controversy is a harmless comment that gets out of hand  lol

Beers on me?  :beer:

My controversy got me banned about 10 times  :thumbup:

Keep that in mind.

My controversy got me banned about 10 times  :thumbup:

Keep that in mind.

Appreciate it mate, 

Foxestalk is a bit like the government sometimes with some posters, 

Agree with me or else haha, And people cannot seem to let past subjects go... 

I.E If I fell out with Kingfox (example) about jeffery schlupp... then 3 weeks later there was a thread about schmeichel, if Kingfox agrees with me about schmeichel, He would deliberately try to start an argument on there about it even though he agrees.

Everyone has different opinions, however most use those opinions and automatically hate the person for having them, then disagreeing with EVERYTHING that person says for the foreseeable future  lol

Because we have played average football all season :S Why would all of a sudden everything click?

did It look like it clicked today? Not from where I was standing, midfield played well fair play to them, but upfront and defence were lost at times!!

Look I'm bored of the 'We're 3rd' as a reply, I GET WE ARE 3RD ON AVERAGE FOOTBALL!! GREAT!!

Seriously, thats brilliant that we have scraped the points, and everything says that if we do start firing, we will improve 1000% and will kill teams off easy, thats just common sense!!

But based on what football can everyone 'Assume' that we will start playing brilliant? i've not seen it personally yet...

But im enjoying the league position, but thank **** there are more people like me that think OUTSIDE the box and try to point out the good AND BAD..

So we can't assume that we will start to play brilliant football but we have to assume that we won't keep getting away with winning by one goal?

So we can't assume that we will start to play brilliant football but we have to assume that we won't keep getting away with winning by one goal?

Assume all you like, but be realistic about it... 

On current form, what optimism can we have about 'clicking' and not sweating results out

-

I understand what people are saying that if we start playing the football we all know we are capable of, then yeah we will hammer teams and look comfortable, and im really happy that we have got a somewhat average run of football at the start of the season because it's now ours to blow... and we're not chasing..

On different days we could be losing these types of games (like last season) and would be sat mid table and chasing.. but we are not.

But we have not shown any real class yet... apart from wigan .. but i have my doubts about how genuine they are this season anyway!

So why does everyone jump down my throat when I say that there is far more chance of us not improving than improving so much we win everything!

that's just logical, I cant see where everyone optimism is coming from, 

But that's just my opinion.

Unless I see some change I will not be convinced! I hope nugent gets dropped for wood, Dyer for schlupp, and I think we could crack it, Providing we find some consistency, there's no point having optimism if every game only 4/5 are playing well... and the rest poor, then a week later, the poor players are having a good game, but the 4/5 are having a mare!

Just my opinions of course, and although sometimes it does not seem like it, I do respect that everyone has an opinion on it.

LCFC TID.  :scarf:  :scarf:

On current form, what optimism can we have about 'clicking' and not sweating results out

Ok I understand that but....by your own logic, whats to say we won't keep seeing these games out and still be winning? As we have been

Ok I understand that but....by your own logic, whats to say we won't keep seeing these games out and still be winning? As we have been

that's a fair point, but this is leicester city football club, we couldnt lose consistently if we tried!!  :scarf:

Lee, I really am sure you are well intentioned, however you do bang on a bit fella lol  COYB

I know, I know  :beer:  Do you think I could replace the big man when he retires (not the management skill, but the boring)  :pearson:

I'd take winning 2-1 every week but I do agree some what! We're a better team than the 1 or 2 goals we regularly achieve!

I would too if it saw us promoted, but its not likely to carry on

-

I understand what people are saying that if we start playing the football we all know we are capable of, then yeah we will hammer teams and look comfortable, and im really happy that we have got a somewhat average run of football at the start of the season because it's now ours to blow... and we're not chasing..

On different days we could be losing these types of games (like last season) and would be sat mid table and chasing.. but we are not.

But we have not shown any real class yet... apart from wigan .. but i have my doubts about how genuine they are this season anyway!

So why does everyone jump down my throat when I say that there is far more chance of us not improving than improving so much we win everything!

that's just logical, I cant see where everyone optimism is coming from,

But that's just my opinion.

Unless I see some change I will not be convinced! I hope nugent gets dropped for wood, Dyer for schlupp, and I think we could crack it, Providing we find some consistency, there's no point having optimism if every game only 4/5 are playing well... and the rest poor, then a week later, the poor players are having a good game, but the 4/5 are having a mare!

Just my opinions of course, and although sometimes it does not seem like it, I do respect that everyone has an opinion on it.

LCFC TID. :scarf::scarf:

Your opinion is just as valuable as anybodys on here and I for oone ain't jumping down your throat mate.

I don't however understand why its far more likely that will get worse rather than improve? Why is that logical?

I'd love us to be battering teams every week but teams that get promoted from this division hardly ever go about it that way

Your opinion is just as valuable as anybodys on here and I for oone ain't jumping down your throat mate.

I don't however understand why its far more likely that will get worse rather than improve? Why is that logical?

I'd love us to be battering teams every week but teams that get promoted from this division hardly ever go about it that way

Sorry fox, wasnt implying it was you! 

Just meant in general, certainly not you, don't have an issue with you!

And just in my opinion after 12 games, of sweaty football and scrappy results (bar a few)

Ive not grown the confidence to think we will start playing top football, 

If I'd seen alot of brilliant games where we have absolutely battered teams and taken the chances to win comfortably, we wouldnt need to improve, but the fact we are even having this conversation is because although we have got the results our way, we have not done it with any justice!

And quite frankly on unlucky days could of been beaten or dropped points, so i probably lack the optimism!

That said maybe I am like a man thats been cheated on, Damaged goods, preparing myself for bad times so I am ready if they do come! 

I think this is a fair point Lee - and one that foxfanazer makes without all of my waffle! By your own admission we played well today but lacked the finishing - what makes you think that things won't click? The assumption is that we are sitting on a precipice and that we can only go one way - why? If we are creating the chances then why assume that one of our forwards WILL NOT hit a run of form. Players do have highs and lows and strikers more than most. Consistency in the Championship is hard to find - if a striker is scoring game in and game out then he will soon be playing in the Prem.

I am not saying that when a striker 'goes of the boil' then it isn't worrying but if the team is still winning then it is less important - it gives him time to get things working again. This might not happen (it is football - nothing has to happen) but the assumption that a team won't improve and can only go one way is not a balanced view and I think that is what the objections are to threads like these.

I prefer to think, ' we are in third and having a good time and when Nugent and/or Wood hit some form then heaven help the other teams with the opportunities that there were today!' This might not happen but it is as equally a valid point of view as yours (and not at all blind optimism) - however, it is not me who is creating threads off-the-back of another victory that seem to always dwell on the negatives (blind pessimism?). You might be right by the way but you might also be very wrong!

I think this is a fair point Lee - and one that foxfanazer makes without all of my waffle! By your own admission we played well today but lacked the finishing - what makes you think that things won't click? The assumption is that we are sitting on a precipice and that we can only go one way - why? If we are creating the chances then why assume that one of our forwards WILL NOT hit a run of form. Players do have highs and lows and strikers more than most. Consistency in the Championship is hard to find - if a striker is scoring game in and game out then he will soon be playing in the Prem.

I am not saying that when a striker 'goes of the boil' then it isn't worrying but if the team is still winning then it is less important - it gives him time to get things working again. This might not happen (it is football - nothing has to happen) but the assumption that a team won't improve and can only go one way is not a balanced view and I think that is what the objections are to threads like these.

I prefer to think, ' we are in third and having a good time and when Nugent and/or Wood hit some form then heaven help the other teams with the opportunities that there were today!' This might not happen but it is as equally a valid point of view as yours (and not at all blind optimism) - however, it is not me who is creating threads off-the-back of another victory that seem to always dwell on the negatives (blind pessimism?). You might be right by the way but you might also be very wrong!

Good points renart, and seeing it from your view(s)

I completely agree! and Will definitely hold my hands up if/When I am wrong, because although it may not seem, I want the best for the club, as we all do!

And I will hold my hands up (Very happily might I add) if I am wrong, because If I am, we will be in the premiership, or very close!

But for me guys, after 6/7 months or poor striking performances, until someone shows me that glimmer of hope/form I cannot see it happening soon! 

For some reason, I now picture cityfanlee23 as 'Unlucky Alf' from the Fast Show :ph34r:

Any way, taking a more positive outlook, we all know that Nugent is capable of better finishing than he's displayed this season so far, so it's not unreasonable to expect that we will come into some better form at some point. Now that Wood is back, we have another able striker to call upon as an alternative. To be honest, we created enough chances today to have won 6-1, it was a good attacking performance that was only a bit lacking in final ball and Smithies and the Huddersfield defence got a lot of good saves and blocks in.

Archived