Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

HOW MANY TIMES?!?!?!?!?

For as long as I can remember, Leicester city have never been able to take enough of their chances! 

Why is this??

How many times do we have to hear/see 

"DYER, He's in space! Hes done the defender! Passes to nuge! its 4 on 2!! Through to james!! HAS TO SCORE!! .... Wide." 

Or something to that effect.

Then without fail, As reliable as winter, We concede and have to sweat a game out.

We have atleast 4-5 clear 'Easier to score than miss' chances, and we balls it up!

Same old leicester,

Schmeichel has kept us in this. thank Fvck. getting ripped to bits, could be 5-1

:sweating:

Sort it out Leicester for Fvck sake, QPR, Burnley, Watford, Or any of them wont let us get away with this.

P.S Before anyone accuses, I am VERY happy about us winning!

Just don't know why we have to make it so sweaty all the time. Oh the joys of being a leicester fan  :scarf:

Mad thing is, As I type this out, Dyer misses a sitter then gets subbed. 

I'd take killing off games, thanks. We aren't going to get away with this for much longer.

I agree with killing games off, but as long as we score one more than the opposition, i'm happy.

Also, we've got away with it for 25% of the season. 

Ok, ok and I know that the Op's opinion is that we are just waiting for the wheels to fall off but isn't there something to be said for 'winning ugly'. Isn't the counter argument to the OP's that rather than waiting to be 'found out' we are taking the points whilst we can whilst not playing particularly well and that when we actually start putting the goals away then we are going to be playing at an even higher level? The game today shows that we have the ability to play very well and create many chances but (and I acknowledge that there is a but) at the moment we might not be taking as many as we should. I am happy with this. I would rather be in 3rd with areas of the game that we know we can improve on than be in third and know that we cannot get any better! 

I am going to invert the OP's view and say that rather than waiting for the wheels to fall off and be found-out by teams like Watford, QPR, Reading etc.. we are waiting for the forwards to start putting away their chances (in a way we know that they can) and for the flood-gates to open!

To be honest I think we take our chances as much as anyone else, I'm sure last season there was a stat showing our chances to goals scored was one of the best in the league. It's partly psychological and stringer will say things like "should score" when a player has a worked a shot on the edge of the D or been pushed out wide and it's a scoring chance but hardly "should score".

Ok, ok and I know that the Op's opinion is that we are just waiting for the wheels to fall off but isn't there something to be said for 'winning ugly'. Isn't the counter argument to the OP's that rather than waiting to be 'found out' we are taking the points whilst we can whilst not playing particularly well and that when we actually start putting the goals away then we are going to be playing at an even higher level? The game today shows that we have the ability to play very well and create many chances but (and I acknowledge that there is a but) at the moment we might not be taking as many as we should. I am happy with this. I would rather be in 3rd with areas of the game that we know we can improve on than be in third and know that we cannot get any better! 

I am going to invert the OP's view and say that rather than waiting for the wheels to fall off and be found-out by teams like Watford, QPR, Reading etc.. we are waiting for the forwards to start putting away their chances (in a way we know that they can) and for the flood-gates to open!

Very good points renart, and I do agree to an extent, 

Can I just get one thing straight?

I am not waiting for the wheels to fall off, I was saying they very much could...

They have more chance of falling off than somehow getting tighter and us improving thats based on our performances this season!

All I have said from the start is that if we do not improve we WILL get found out... 

But people seem to think we have more chance of nugent suddenly banging in 35 goals, than the chances of him not doing it?

Where has this confidence come from? more blind optimism in my opinion. 

I'm completely happy with 3rd at this stage and certainly hope I am wrong and we suddenly start firing on all cylinders, but I cant see it happening yet! *IMO

I think the irony is two of the three teams you mention not letting us get away with this conceded late goals to lose/ draw today. The other scrapped a win by one goal.

What makes you think any of these are doing any better than us?

Sods law isnt it, Posted this before they did ! 

To be honest I think we take our chances as much as anyone else, I'm sure last season there was a stat showing our chances to goals scored was one of the best in the league. It's partly psychological and stringer will say things like "should score" when a player has a worked a shot on the edge of the D or been pushed out wide and it's a scoring chance but hardly "should score".

No... things like drinkwater not hitting the target from 4 yards spring to mind! nugent missing 1 vs 1's easier to score :S

Very good points renart, and I do agree to an extent,

Can I just get one thing straight?

I am not waiting for the wheels to fall off, I was saying they very much could...

They have more chance of falling off than somehow getting tighter and us improving thats based on our performances this season!

All I have said from the start is that if we do not improve we WILL get found out...

But people seem to think we have more chance of nugent suddenly banging in 35 goals, than the chances of him not doing it?

Where has this confidence come from? more blind optimism in my opinion.

I'm completely happy with 3rd at this stage and certainly hope I am wrong and we suddenly start firing on all cylinders, but I cant see it happening yet! *IMO

Sods law isnt it, Posted this before they did !

No... things like drinkwater not hitting the target from 4 yards spring to mind! nugent missing 1 vs 1's easier to score :S

On the Nugent goal scoring it's not blind optimism it's looking at his goal scoring record over his career not over a small period. Look at he big picture.

And why can't the wheels tighten? Why are they more likely to fall off? You admit we have one or two players in poor form surely those players hitting form would tighten the wheels not loosen them?

Why always look at the negative side of things?

On the Nugent goal scoring it's not blind optimism it's looking at his goal scoring record over his career not over a small period. Look at he big picture.

And why can't the wheels tighten? Why are they more likely to fall off? You admit we have one or two players in poor form surely those players hitting form would tighten the wheels not loosen them?

Why always look at the negative side of things?

Because we have played average football all season :S Why would all of a sudden everything click? 

did It look like it clicked today? Not from where I was standing, midfield played well fair play to them, but upfront and defence were lost at times!!

Look I'm bored of the 'We're 3rd' as a reply, I GET WE ARE 3RD ON AVERAGE FOOTBALL!! GREAT!!

Seriously, thats brilliant that we have scraped the points, and everything says that if we do start firing, we will improve 1000% and will kill teams off easy, thats just common sense!!

But based on what football can everyone 'Assume' that we will start playing brilliant? i've not seen it personally yet... 

But im enjoying the league position, but thank **** there are more people like me that think OUTSIDE the box and try to point out the good AND BAD..

The OP is everything that's wrong with modern football, and the world in general. Calm down, enjoy life and stop using exclamation marks.

Haha, whats wrong with the world?

No. Quite the opposite, 

People that sit back and say "that will do" or "I'll finish that tomorrow" is why the world is on its knees... 

And countries where hard work, and questioning performances, and wanting to improve even the slightest problems before they become a big one, are countries like china, the fastest growing in the world.

3/4 of the people on here would be happy with a 10/9 win.. Happy to score 10, and happy to concede 9 in the process?

I challenge the flaws. so should anyone?

Because we have played average football all season :S Why would all of a sudden everything click?

did It look like it clicked today? Not from where I was standing, midfield played well fair play to them, but upfront and defence were lost at times!!

Look I'm bored of the 'We're 3rd' as a reply, I GET WE ARE 3RD ON AVERAGE FOOTBALL!! GREAT!!

Seriously, thats brilliant that we have scraped the points, and everything says that if we do start firing, we will improve 1000% and will kill teams off easy, thats just common sense!!

But based on what football can everyone 'Assume' that we will start playing brilliant? i've not seen it personally yet...

But im enjoying the league position, but thank **** there are more people like me that think OUTSIDE the box and try to point out the good AND BAD..

I dint like to resort to name calling but go and read everything you say, think about it and then tell me you are not an idiot. Do you know anything about football? Feat chef much championship stuff? We are not Barcelona, but we don't have to be we are trying to win the championship not the champions league!

Archived