Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

HOW MANY TIMES?!?!?!?!?

Good points renart, and seeing it from your view(s)

I completely agree! and Will definitely hold my hands up if/When I am wrong, because although it may not seem, I want the best for the club, as we all do!

And I will hold my hands up (Very happily might I add) if I am wrong, because If I am, we will be in the premiership, or very close!

But for me guys, after 6/7 months or poor striking performances, until someone shows me that glimmer of hope/form I cannot see it happening soon!

it 100% DOES come across that you want the best for the club and its understandable that you should be cynical/reserved.

Lets just hope they prove you wrong buddy!

Also I agree with your point about dropping Nugent. I love Nuge and still think he's a huge player for us with his creativity and link up play but he has to start taking more of his chances. Get Wood in and see what he can do in the current side.

it 100% DOES come across that you want the best for the club and its understandable that you should be cynical/reserved.

Lets just hope they prove you wrong buddy!

Also I agree with your point about dropping Nugent. I love Nuge and still think he's a huge player for us with his creativity and link up play but he has to start taking more of his chances. Get Wood in and see what he can do in the current side.

NO!!! I usually agree with you buddy.. But don't agree with me over how good the table is looking then call for Wood over Nugent. We all know that putting Wood in will encourage us to launch it and that's the last thing we want. I thought people would have learnt that lesson from last season.

Nugent is much more mobile, links play up much better and is developing that all important partnership with Vardy.

Disrupting that now would be suicidal.

NO!!! I usually agree with you buddy.. But don't agree with me over how good the table is looking then call for Wood over Nugent. We all know that putting Wood in will encourage us to launch it and that's the last thing we want. I thought people would have learnt that lesson from last season.

Nugent is much more mobile, links play up much better and is developing that all important partnership with Vardy.

100% agree with that bit.. need to utilise those passing players I.E HAMMOND.... or?  Benayoun anyone??

I'm really torn on it to be honest mate. Nuge is probably my favourite City player and I think people fail to see a lot of the good he does in the side. My preference is Nuge and Vardy but he has missed some glaring chanced recently!

I agree about the style changing when Wood plays but if thats the case, whats the point in having him? Impact sub?

We need a striker that is really going to compete for a first team place so that Nuge and Vardy don't become complacent. For that reason alone I'd give Wood a game

Am I the only one who thinks we are playing better than 'average' football? Yes we aren't taking the vast amount of chances we are creating but surely we would rather that than creating nothing at all.

Yeah to be honest I don't think anybody can complain about the amount of chances we create

There's no doubt that we aren't ruthless enough. People are surely taking the piss by saying otherwise. We're playing well and all but why is the result still in the balance in games like this?

We need to sort it out, it's poor. Some of the chances we screwed up today were ridiculous.

Another thing, why at times when a player has got to the by line do we not have players in the box? We do not have enough players with a goalscorers instinct at the moment.

that's a fair point, but this is leicester city football club, we couldnt lose consistently if we tried!!  :scarf:

I know, I know  :beer:  Do you think I could replace the big man when he retires (not the management skill, but the boring)  :pearson:

I would too if it saw us promoted, but its not likely to carry on

Based on..?

Why don't we take our chances as often?

Because we are a Championship side with mainly Championship players. If Lloyd Dyer took every chance he'd be Dan Sturridge, or RVP etc...

It's not rocket science.

But Col, we're playing against championship defences and championship goalies.  Are you suggesting that in Parks football matches forwards never score one-on-ones because they aren't Prem players?  You don't need to be a Prem quality forward to be able to take a one-on-one. 

For a player of Nugent's ability his effort in the one-on-one situation today was woeful.  It's fair enough to point this out because it's not as if it's a one-off.  He's made an awful lot of bad misses so far this season.

Have half the forum only started watching football this year? No one wins 4-0 every week, and if we're going to win 2-1 then I'd rather us do it having missed lots of chances than by being ruthless but uncreative.

Our 'big' problem this year (if a team in our position has a big problem), is that when we stop attacking we have no idea what to do with possession. We give the ball away, momentum shifts and then our defence looks nervous. If there is anything to address, it's that-being comfortable closing out the game. To that end, I think Dyer is invaluable-he's quick enough to keep opposition nervous, regardless of whether we actually put the ball away.

Good points renart, and seeing it from your view(s)

I completely agree! and Will definitely hold my hands up if/When I am wrong, because although it may not seem, I want the best for the club, as we all do!

And I will hold my hands up (Very happily might I add) if I am wrong, because If I am, we will be in the premiership, or very close!

But for me guys, after 6/7 months or poor striking performances, until someone shows me that glimmer of hope/form I cannot see it happening soon!

Were you at the game today? Have you been to many this season?

You need to look at how many goals cardiff's strikers scored last season. I've said it before, goals from midfield get you promoted.

But Col, we're playing against championship defences and championship goalies. Are you suggesting that in Parks football matches forwards never score one-on-ones because they aren't Prem players? You don't need to be a Prem quality forward to be able to take a one-on-one.

For a player of Nugent's ability his effort in the one-on-one situation today was woeful. It's fair enough to point this out because it's not as if it's a one-off. He's made an awful lot of bad misses so far this season.

Rooney missed a one on one today

We have had a fairly easy start to the season fixture wise, and have done very well indeed, but yes we do need to be taking our chances more. The top group of sides this season will be the ones who can achieve this, and it could be that they will put us away, unless we change chance wise.

Archived