Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
breadandcheese

Player Ratings

Here's my ratings for today. Would be interested to see how others rated the boys today.

Douglas - 3 - Doesn't fill me with any confidence. Hesitant, indecisive, questionable judgement. I can only hear the quote "At least he's a good shot-stopper" as I re-watch the first penalty and fourth goal.

Stearman - 7 - A solid dependable performance as has come to be expected. If only the more senior players could learn from him

McCarthy - 5.5 - Has played better. Too often, I felt he wasn't as safe & secure as he should have been. His seemed to lose his head more than most after the penalty decision.

Johansson - 6 - Did ok. Doesn't appear to be the rock at the back that I was hoping for, but a decent performance. Was unlucky for the penalty decision.

Maybury - 6 - Always think he is much better on the right than the left. Too often, Sheffield Utd had a free unmarked man at the far post of the left flank.

Sylla - 7 - Looks looks very promising. Quick, dare I say skillful.

Williams - 8 - Head and shoulders the best player on the pitch for us. Reminds me very much of Garry Parker

Gudjonsson - 7 - Battled hard. I don't rate him, but he tracked back and played well.

Wilcox - 6.5 - He linked up well a few times with Williams and Connolly, put a few good balls into the box. Nothing spectacular or anything for opposing teams to fear.

Connolly - 7.5 - Good movement upfront, deserved his goal. For someone who has played very little pre-season football, he looked very sharp.

De Vries - 5.5 - Held the ball up well, caused problems, played a few neat passes. Sadly, these positives were outweighed by his slow speed and his inability to move. Has the turning circle of an oil tanker.

Subs

Gilbert - 5 - Got skinned far too easily, looked lost. Let's hope it was down to the slight injury he received the other week.

Elvis - n/a not enough time to give a rating

Overall

We looked fantastic until the second penalty, however, the collapse was spectacular. Douglas inspires no confidence and I still feel as if we are playing with only one man upfront. DeVries has ability, but is far too slow and seems to want to walk the ball into the net. The most worrying aspect must be the ease with which we were carved up on that left flank (after the second goal) and the constant leaving of an unmarked man on the far post every time. Bromby should have hit a hat-trick today.

Once again, we seem unable to carve open opponents when clearly on top (as we were today). Maybe it is just a case of badly missing Stephen Hughes. Who knows, with him back, we may have a runner into the box and somebody who will benefit from De Vries holding the ball up.

Douglas - 3

Maybury - 6

McCarthy -5

Johannson - 7

Stearman - 6

Wilcox - 6

Joey - 7

Williams - 7

Sylla- 7

Connolly-7

De Vries - 5

Giolbert - 4

Elvis - 4

Here's my ratings for today. Would be interested to see how others rated the boys today.

Douglas - 3 - Doesn't fill me with any confidence.  Hesitant, indecisive, questionable judgement.  I can only hear the quote "At least he's a good shot-stopper" as I re-watch the first penalty and fourth goal.

Stearman - 7 - A solid dependable performance as has come to be expected.  If only the more senior players could learn from him

McCarthy - 5.5 - Has played better.  Too often, I felt he wasn't as safe & secure as he should have been.  His seemed to lose his head more than most after the penalty decision.

Johansson - 6 - Did ok.  Doesn't appear to be the rock at the back that I was hoping for, but a decent performance.  Was unlucky for the penalty decision.

Maybury - 6 - Always think he is much better on the right than the left. Too often, Sheffield Utd had a free unmarked man at the far post of the left flank.

Sylla - 7 - Looks looks very promising.  Quick, dare I say skillful.

Williams - 8 - Head and shoulders the best player on the pitch for us.  Reminds me very much of Garry Parker

Gudjonsson - 7 - Battled hard.  I don't rate him, but he tracked back and played well.

Wilcox - 6.5 - He linked up well a few times with Williams and Connolly, put a few good balls into the box. Nothing spectacular or anything for opposing teams to fear.

Connolly - 7.5 - Good movement upfront, deserved his goal.  For someone who has played very little pre-season football, he looked very sharp.

De Vries - 5.5 - Held the ball up well, caused problems, played a few neat passes.  Sadly, these positives were outweighed by his slow speed and his inability to move.  Has the turning circle of an oil tanker.

Subs

Gilbert - 5 - Got skinned far too easily, looked lost.  Let's hope it was down to the slight injury he received the other week.

Elvis - n/a not enough time to give a rating

Overall

We looked fantastic until the second penalty, however, the collapse was spectacular.  Douglas inspires no confidence and I still feel as if we are playing with only one man upfront.  DeVries has ability, but is far too slow and seems to want to walk the ball into the net.  The most worrying aspect must be the ease with which we were carved up on that left flank (after the second goal) and the constant leaving of an unmarked man on the far post every time.  Bromby should have hit a hat-trick today.

Once again, we seem unable to carve open opponents when clearly on top (as we were today).  Maybe it is just a case of badly missing Stephen Hughes.  Who knows, with him back, we may have a runner into the box and somebody who will benefit from De Vries holding the ball up.

151178[/snapback]

There's a hell of a lot to consider there and it is hard to fault any of it. Saved me writing out my ratings, that's for sure.

I bet Plymouth cashed the cheque quick for Gilbert!

Douglas - 4

Stearman - 7

Johansson - 7

McCarthy - 6

Maybury - 6.5

Wilcox - 6

Williams - 6.5

Joey - 7.5

Sylla - 7

Connolly - 8

De Vries - 7

Elvis - N/A

Gilbert - 4

Hey everyone, sorry for the lateness but I have only just arrived back from Sheffield as my mum fell ill during the game and had to be taken to Northern General Hospital. We have been there ever since and my Dad and myself have only just arrived home with my mum having to stay overnight. I have uploaded the ratings page so feel free to start rating whenever you are ready. If you have already posted your ratings on here, please post them again through the site.

Thanks,

Sheff.

P.S. You can vote whether you listened, watched or went

Are you mad? Williams ran the show in the second half.

151456[/snapback]

Opinions opinions eh?

I wouldn't go so far as saying he ran the show but I can see where Leicester_Mad is coming from, Williams did go missing for periods.

Hey everyone, sorry for the lateness but I have only just arrived back from Sheffield as my mum fell ill during the game and had to be taken to Northern General Hospital. We have been there ever since and my Dad and myself have only just arrived home with my mum having to stay overnight. I have uploaded the ratings page so feel free to start rating whenever you are ready. If you have already posted your ratings on here, please post them again through the site.

Thanks,

Sheff.

P.S. You can vote whether you listened, watched or went

151449[/snapback]

Sorry to hear that Sheff I hope it's not serious and send her our best regards and to get well soon.

Archived