Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ross 'LCFC' Turner

FA Premier League Manager 2002

Maybe if you have some emulation shell that runs Windows 98 SE, or possibly XP.

I doubt it'd run on a modern Windows machine without some form of emulation though due to architecture changes, so a Mac would be a total no-no.

I loved watching Leicester play in a fully-textured Filbert Street, but didn't they park a massive video scoreboard between the Carling Stand and Family Stand for no reason?

--EDIT--

http://www.iemulator.com/

There is this, but it costs money, there's no trial and I can't guarantee it'd work.

Loved it, quite different to other football games and so easy to breeze through a season quickly. Liked the layout and the sound and the background pictures were quite cool too.

Would play it again but it doesn't run on more modern PC's and haven't been able to find a way around it

Ultimate Soccer Manager 98/99 is mine. Outrageous game

Got that out the bargain bin at Beatties and used to play it at my dad's office while he did work before I even owned my own PC. Loved it. You could even try to bribe opponents. Still works on modern version of Windows with the right compatibility layers and if the planets align in a certain way, too.

My undisputed king is the Championship Manager 00/01. (only had the 01/02 Demo, but it was very good also!) Bought the disc of 00/01 from Amazon a few months ago and am addicted again.

I did love these games as a youngster so my 'best of the rest' list...

Premier Manager 98

Premier Manager 2000

FA Premier League All Stars 99 (There was a bug on that game which meant you could buy Ronaldo for free from Inter and he'd still be there, so you could buy Ronaldo for free again and again and again, LITERALLY a team of Ronaldos!)

FA Manager 99

LMA Manager 2003

LMA Manager 1999 (Entering the cheats on these games and building great big fvck off stadiums in the third division :D )

I had this and enjoyed it, thought it had the potential to be better than Championship Manager/Football Manager it wasn't perfect, there was still alot of work to be as good but potential was there, shame they didn't make any more.

One problem I found is it was very slow, not sure if that was the games problem/fault or my PC at the time.

What's Football Manager like this year? Good? Worth getting?

I didn't get it last year but tempted to get this years soon.

Really loved this game. Spent many an hour on it. I loved doing all the stadium improvements along with buying the hotel, school of excellence, etc. and signing something like an 18 year old Defoe who would go on to be immense.

It was a pretty easy game but was very enjoyable, it didn't need as much effort as what FM does these days and as already mentioned, you could get through a season pretty quickly.

Archived