Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes_Trust

Henry

This is excellent news. He's annoyed the hell out of me in every home game since he started playing his trumpet.

Henry doesn't play before the Stoke kickoff = Better atmopshere.

Coincidence? Probably not, as the crowd get the chance to build up ahead of steam to support the team. Obviously it's not the sole reason, but I think it's certainly a factor.

I'm not getting taken in by his sob story. Yes, I hope he overcomes leukaemia, but using that as support to keep playing the horn is simply emotional blackmail.

Coincidence? Probably not, as the crowd get the chance to build up ahead of steam to support the team. Obviously it's not the sole reason, but I think it's certainly a factor.

155866[/snapback]

Been plenty of criticism about the music played after the goals on Tuesday, but on the same basis shouldn't that carry on if our goals keep flowing?

Been plenty of criticism about the music played after the goals on Tuesday, but on the same basis shouldn't that carry on if our goals keep flowing?

155871[/snapback]

Hmmmm, but do you think some cheesy music inspired Connolly to score again?

One poster said he 'danced' to the track when it played after one goal - didn't spot it myself.

155874[/snapback]

I can't really see that being a factor for him scoring a hatrick.

This is excellent news. He's annoyed the hell out of me in every home game since he started playing his trumpet.

I'm not getting taken in by his sob story. Yes, I hope he overcomes leukaemia, but using that as support to keep playing the horn is simply emotional blackmail.

155866[/snapback]

Bad call that Scowy. How can you say that because Henry doesn't play it created a better atmosphere. At times the atmosphere was as dire as last season.

What created the atmosphere in my opinion was a better performance by the team on the pitch, along with the fact that it was the first home game of the season which traditionally carries more hope with it.

For my money, Henry should have been retired in the close season, not when it started. That would have been fairer to him. As for Kasabian's music playing before the game, it will probably appeal to the same amount of fans as Henry did but a completely different generation.

I personally liked the recorded PHG because it was louder throughout the stadium and not open to duff notes.

Bad call that Scowy. How can you say that because Henry doesn't play it created a better atmosphere. At times the atmosphere was as dire as last season.

What created the atmosphere in my opinion was a better performance by the team on the pitch.

155894[/snapback]

That's your opinion - I do believe it played a part, that's why I said it was a factor and not the sole reason.

Aren't the quotes from Henry being taken slightly too seriously? Who knows how he said it or how if the words were switched around a bit by the newspaper? He might have been being 'ungrateful' as some seem to have seen it, he equally might just have been saying 'the club want me to play when no-one is in the stadium, I think this means they want me out but can't bring themselves to sack me, so I'm thinking of packing in playing altogether to save myself some dignity'.

Personally I do prefer to the recorded version of the PHG, but only marginally as I am thinking about other things at the match than 30 seconds of horn playing and don't see it as that important to my match-day experience either way. What annoys me more is the 20 minutes or so before kick-off of rubbish music and that new goal music they played on Tuesday which to me seemed to drown out the cheers.

I do find some of the comments on this thread a bit of out order but I don't wish to be labelled as a 'FTalk do-gooder'. Actually that label isn't so bad, it’s the idea of being harangued about it I don't find attractive. All I will say is that yes some of you may have been annoyed by the PHG being played but there are seriously more important things in life and football to worry about. It is not Henry's fault that he was asked by the club to do that job and I doubt he asked for the free ST (lets face it he's not exactly taking the seat off a paying customer) so there is no need for the anger/bitterness directed towards him by some posters. He'll probably not read any of the comments on here but it still seems unfair to talk about him in the way some people have been, perhaps some compassion needs to be developed.

That's the end of my lecture, it's 3am, I don't know what I'm doing posting at this time. It's the game in 12 hours, come on City!

Aren't the quotes from Henry being taken slightly too seriously? Who knows how he said it or how if the words were switched around a bit by the newspaper? He might have been being 'ungrateful' as some seem to have seen it, he equally might just have been saying 'the club want me to play when no-one is in the stadium, I think this means they want me out but can't bring themselves to sack me, so I'm thinking of packing in playing altogether to save myself some dignity'.

Personally I do prefer to the recorded version of the PHG, but only marginally as I am thinking about other things at the match than 30 seconds of horn playing and don't see it as that important to my match-day experience either way. What annoys me more is the 20 minutes or so before kick-off of rubbish music and that new goal music they played on Tuesday which to me seemed to drown out the cheers.

I do find some of the comments on this thread a bit of out order but I don't wish to be labelled as a 'FTalk do-gooder'. Actually that label isn't so bad, it’s the idea of being harangued about it I don't find attractive. All I will say is that yes some of you may have been annoyed by the PHG being played but there are seriously more important things in life and football to worry about. It is not Henry's fault that he was asked by the club to do that job and I doubt he asked for the free ST (lets face it he's not exactly taking the seat off a paying customer) so there is no need for the anger/bitterness directed towards him by some posters. He'll probably not read any of the comments on here but it still seems unfair to talk about him in the way some people have been, perhaps some compassion needs to be developed.

That's the end of my lecture, it's 3am, I don't know what I'm doing posting at this time. It's the game in 12 hours, come on City!

155935[/snapback]

Well said Louise.

Especially as it was 3AM!

155935[/snapback]

Mentalist!

But I agree ;)

i dunno mate i booooooooooooooooooooooooed him  :ph34r:

156204[/snapback]

I booed, and i still managed to sound more like the post horn gallop than his inconsistant farting about with a horn did.

156205[/snapback]

I booed.

Before yesterday most people around me put there hands over there ears, booed, e.t.c, yesterday just like many people on this messageboard they changed they stood up to salute him, as he was walking round people shook his hand, and they started clapping him...What's changed?

Doesn't matter what it involves how many of us fans would turn down the chance to step onto the pitch? He has, he's lost his chance, I never liked him before, I have never liked what he does on the pitch and he has snubbed something ever/most fans would love to do, he deserved the boos!

I booed.

Before yesterday most people around me put there hands over there ears, booed, e.t.c, yesterday just like many people on this messageboard they changed they stood up to salute him, as he was walking round people shook his hand, and they started clapping him...What's changed?

Doesn't matter what it involves how many of us fans would turn down the chance to step onto the pitch? He has, he's lost his chance, I never liked him before, I have never liked what he does on the pitch and he has snubbed something ever/most fans would love to do, he deserved the boos!

156452[/snapback]

Crikey Matt, its not often I agree with you but on this occasion I salute you sir!

I booed.

156452[/snapback]

The "support the underdog" rule kicked in?

Just guessing, I still don't quite understand this custom :-)

i'm 26 thanks and certainly won't miss his shit music one little bit, from day one of him being here i've been against it. It's two years too late in my opinion.

He ruins the atmosphere, when the old music was played PROPERLY over the tannoy the crowd got up for the game. His playing makes people want to run away.

We can all pick on peoples ages mate, just because peoeple are young on here doesn't mean their opinion is worth less than yours. We could say only old farts like you and henry like it.

155786[/snapback]

old fart? Who's being ageist now, you cheeky little whippersnapper?

I just reckon SOME of our less mature contributors are being unkind and rude to an old bloke who is doing something he loves. We're all gonna be arthritic old codgers one day remember.

Love him or loathe him, at least Henrys uniquely "Leicestershire" and a lot more original than a CD or a band whose name you won't remember in a couple of years

It's amazing how many people used to criticise his playing and all that and now some hack does a sympathy story in the Mercury and it's all bad news.

He has health problems (which is unfortunate), but so do a lot of other City fans but they don't get an out poring of sympathy on these boards.  The 2 faced nature of City fans has never been more evident this week.  First everyone claims they knew de Vries would come good ( <_< ) then they are up in arms about some sideshow at a FOOTBALL game.  :mad:

This isn't the same Leicester City I started supporting back in the 80's  :thumbdown:

155790[/snapback]

Firstly, I cringed every time Henry came out to play the PHG.

Secondly, I was at the last Open meeting and told the club this.

Just because I find it bang out of order that some of the posters on here have treated this as some kind of victory that needs to be lauded in the miost arrogant way possible, it doesn't make me two-faced, or a FT dogooder.

Crikey Matt, its not often I agree with you but on this occasion I salute you sir!

156491[/snapback]

:o why do you not normally agree with me? ;)lol

:thumbup::)

I booed but im afraid i have alot of Henry lovers around me therefor i got a few dirty looks  :rolleyes:

Never mind  :D

156505[/snapback]

After yesterday apparently I have alot of Henry lovers around me, where they have come out of the woodwork from I don't know! :rolleyes:

Archived