Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox 4 Life

Are we the Arsenal of the Championship?

Must be the first time in our history that.

157370[/snapback]

I think your right about that! And i think it will happen a lot more amongst clubs in the UK in comming seasons! Its not good for the future of English football. However, LCFC are doing something about it.

I would like to find out the last time we fielded a non-english side or only fielded 1 englishman.

I reckon it's the future we are looking at here. The SPL went this way also hence the very poor Scotland eam at moment as very few players playing at top level to choose. Your lot better win the world cup soon before your international team goes the same way. There must be 70% foreign players starting in the premiership I reckon.

no english but how many british 5??

157374[/snapback]

Exactly i'd be happy if Arsenal played at least 3 british players let alone English!

Wenger = Anti-English - And IMO Arsenal wanna be champions of an English league - Pick some English fecking players for you team :rolleyes::mad:

Exactly i'd be happy if Arsenal played at least 3 british players let alone English!

Wenger = Anti-English - And IMO Arsenal wanna be champions of an English league - Pick some English fecking players for you team  :rolleyes:  :mad:

157452[/snapback]

Ashley Cole and Sol Campbell are not English??

wots that rule the f.a r bringin in bout avin 2 av at least 8 brits in the squad? an wens this rule comin out- cuz the amount of foreigners in the premiership is getin ridiculous! :angry:

157534[/snapback]

Can we have that in English please?

wots that rule the f.a r bringin in bout avin 2 av at least 8 brits in the squad? an wens this rule comin out- cuz the amount of foreigners in the premiership is getin ridiculous! :angry:

157534[/snapback]

Arsenal will have to start making redundancies in that case lol

Campbell is injured that is why he don't make the squad

157575[/snapback]

Can't help injuries but LC/FC was saying Campbell and Ashley Cole we're two english players playing for Arsenal and well Campbell don't really play for Arsenal any more does he ok it is due to injury but don't change anything does it? 1 Englishman playing for Arsenal, Very poor :thumbdown:

Even if Campbell was fit and even if he was playing 2 Englishmen in a squad full of foreigners in a english league, thats still poor!

Can't help injuries but LC/FC was saying Campbell and Ashley Cole we're two english players playing for Arsenal and well Campbell don't really play for Arsenal any more does he ok it is due to injury but don't change anything does it? 1 Englishman playing for Arsenal, Very poor :thumbdown:

Even if Campbell was fit and even if he was playing 2 Englishmen in a squad full of foreigners in a english league, thats still poor!

157578[/snapback]

Maybe because English players are not good enough? Just a thought.

Or, the English players that may be good enough for Arsenal have an over inflated transfer fee attached to them.

Since 1996 (When Wenger took charge) Arsenal have spent considerably less than Spurs. Compare the two clubs achievements over that time, and you'll see Wenger's success in the market, irrespective of nationality.

When he did splash money on a English talent (£7 Million on Francis Jeffers) look how that turned out.

Gilbert is English born, isn't he?

Just pretends to be Welsh 'cos of his old granny.

// from the OS

Sunderland-born, Gilbert began his career in the youth team at Birmingham before turning professional.

The 22-year-old left back, who qualifies for Wales through a grandparent, signed a three-year deal...

So do you count him as English - if so, we're not Arsenal just yet ;)

Archived