Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Additional End of Season Awards 13/14

Fans Performance of the Season - Burnley away

Team Performance of the Season - Derby in the league at home comes close, but for me it was Watford away. Typified by Wasilewski throwing himself to block a shot after the final whistle had been blown.

Individual Performance of the Season - Easily Nugent at home against Derby. Absolutely extraordinary performance, possibly the best I've ever seen from a City player.

Pearson Performance of the Season - Whatever the game was that he decided to go back to 4-4-2. Probably Wigan at home.

Absolute Scenes of the Season - Watford away after Knockaert's goal

Understated Hero of the Season - Has to be James doesn't it?

Fans Performance of the Season - Watford away

Team Performance of the Season - Derby at home

Individual Performance of the Season - Knockeart vs Yeovil

Pearson Performance of the Season - QPR away

Absolute Scenes of the Season - Watford away

Understated Hero of the Season - GTF

Fans Performance of the Season - Burnley away. 90 minutes of what an away end should be all about. Loud, passionate and supportive.

Team Performance of the Season - Derby at home. Absolutely fantastic performance. Watford/QPR away narrowly miss out.

Individual Performance of the Season - Nugent against Derby. Untouchable.

Pearson Performance of the Season - Bit left field, but Leeds away. Brings on Phillips who 2 minutes later creates the dummy for Nuge to score. crucial game to keep the winning run going after being under the cosh all game.

Absolute Scenes of the Season - The toughest choice of the lot but I'm going for Knocky at Watford. Bodies everywhere. Kasper v Yeovil, Drinky v Watford & Wood v Burnley all narrowly miss out

Understated Hero of the Season - Matty James. Take him out and we don't look as good.

Fans Performance of the Season - Burnley or Watford away. I was at both of those and we were at our best vocal wise.

Team Performance of the Season - Derby at home. Absolute team performance. We were so good it made me realise this was the year!

Individual Performance of the Season - Harder to pick this one out but I'm going to go for Nugent vs. Derby (H). Thought he was immense that game. That said this year has been about Team and not Individual performances.

Pearson Performance of the Season - Hard to pick to be honest. Qpr away for the pure performance and set up of the team?

Absolute Scenes of the Season - Epic celebrations after Riyad's equaliser vs Forest with 10 men. Also Kasper's Wood's equaliser vs. Yeovil had epic scenes. (and his 2nd vs. Burnley) EDIT: How could I forget Knocky at Watford. The most passionate celebrations of them all. Never celebrated going 2-0 up so much!

Understated Hero of the Season - Matty James or Ritchie De Laet (we've missed both of these when they haven't played more than I thought we would)

Suggestions for others:

Best/Most Exciting Game of the Season - Bolton (H) 5-3 to us. Mad mad game.

Fans - Brighton home last 10 mins or so

Team - Charlton home 3-0 win

Individual - Drinky v Charlton

Pearson - QPR at home shit first half much better 2nd

Scenes - Watford home but hopefully Doncaster soon

Understated - De Laet & Schlupp

Most exciting game - Charlton home

Fans Performance of the Season

Last 10 mins v Brighton in the KOP.

Team Performance of the Season

QPR (away) - good collective result that for me changed the season and made us think we can get far this year.

Individual Performance of the Season

Nugent v Ipswich (away) - especially after the second half he worked his socks off and it paid off, great performance from him!

Pearson Performance of the Season

Ipswich (away)

Absolute Scenes of the Season 

Drinkwater v Watford 

Understated Hero of the Season -

The back-(back)-room staff who we barely mention ourselves and do the prep work for the players each training session and match day!

I've used these "awards" as they are the games I have personally been to or seen on the tv - can't go to many unfortunately.

Fans Performance of the Season - Fulham at home

Team Performance of the Season - Derby home

Individual Performance of the Season - Vardy at Barnsley, Nuge v Derby.

Pearson Performance of the Season - Ipswich

Absolute Scenes of the Season - Dyers goal v Fulham, DD v Watford, Yeovil at home

Understated Hero of the Season - Matteo James

and the sports science team

Fans Performance of the Season - I'm going to go with Burnley away. It's one of the best away ends I've been in. At home it'll probably have to be Derby though I think the manner of that game contributed to it. I do tend to think the team give the fans a lift more than the fans give the team one and I'd like to think next year with us being the underdog more often, that we'll see a reverse in that.

Team Performance of the Season - Derby at home is the only contender. There should be a lot of contenders on this but that was an absolutely incredible performance and probably the best I've seen from Leicester. We'd have given anyone in the country a good game that night.

Individual Performance of the Season - Nugent vs Derby at home. In a time where I was seriously wondering if the doubters had a point, he turned in a phenomenal display of two goals and two assists.

Pearson Performance of the Season - Bolton away. Maybe it's because it was the recent one but I noticed how our two subs combined immediately to score the goal that would seal the title. He nailed it. Once again though it's full of contenders.

Absolute Scenes of the Season - King at Blackpool, Schmeichel v Yeovil, Drinkwater v Watford, Wood at Burnley, Mahrez at Forest (I'm not even posting the bruise I got from that goal). Knockaert at Watford would've been a contender if I'd gone.

Understated Hero of the Season - A lot of shouts for this - but has anyone mentioned Terry Robinson? I'm not sure about nominating him as it's largely an assumption, but things have been far better off the pitch ever sense he's been involved. I'll also chuck the names Matty James, Dougie Freedman & Middlesbrough into this. James for his lack of weaknesses to his game (I challenge everyone to name one), Dougie Freedman for giving us some financial freedom by signing more of our crap - before they turned in an awful display which saw us win the league, and Middlesbrough who not only allowed us to take 6 points off us once again, but they beat both Derby & Burnley right at the end of the season which gave us a huge boost and have made sealing it far more comfortable. However, my vote for this is going to the bloke doing Text Ellis. It's one hell of a commitment to cycle to every single game and it's for an excellent cause too. He thoroughly deserves recognition for what he's done. A credit to the club.

Fans Performance of the Season

Fulham Home 

Team Performance of the Season

Watford Away - banished the memories of last season and dominated them completely showing what a truly shit side they really are without their 100 loanees 

Individual Performance of the Season

Knocky vs Watford 

Pearson Performance of the Season

Millwall (away) got his tactics and subs spot on!

Absolute Scenes of the Season 

Knocky vs watford 

Understated Hero of the Season -

De Laet or James - both been crucial to our play and how we dominate teams

Fans Performance of the Season - Burnley away

Team Performance of the Season - Has to be Derby at home

Individual Performance of the Season - Vardy vs Derby

Pearson Performance of the Season - QPR away

Absolute Scenes of the Season - For me wednesday at home Knockhaert, the goal that pretty much sent us up watching it in a pub in sheffield surrounded by thick wednesday twats who had been slating out team all game

Understated Hero of the Season - Nugent for all the stick he's had he's been pretty steady at times

Fans Performance of the Season - Burnley by a mile, we were so noisy that day.

Team Performance of the Season - There's been so many... I'd probably go for the 4-1 win against Derby, making a good on form Derby team look s h i t e!

Individual Performance of the Season - There's so many again.... Jamie Vardy against Barnsley, there defence is still chasing after him!

Pearson Performance of the Season - Probably the recent game against Bolton, we were doing well already just apart from putting it in the back of the net! So shock he takes off the best player on the field (Mahrez) and brings on Dyer, who of course goes on to get the winner!

Absolute Scenes of the Season - OMG there so many.... Kevin Phillips last minute goal at Bournemouth where the away end shuck like mad!, also getting revenge against Watford at Watford!

Understated Hero of the Season - Craig Shakespear, since Nigel has been watching the games upstairs. Craig of course has been the man on the touchline shouting the instructions and passing the messages on. 

Fans performance of the season - Its going to be doncaster (home)

Team performance of the season: Derby (home)

Indivisual performance of the season: Vardy vs Barnsley (away), Nugent vs Derby (home)

Pearson performance of the season: qpr (away)

Absolute scenes of the season: Knockaerts goal (watford away), schmeichels/woods goal (yeovil home)

Understated hero of the season: Definately Matty James

Archived