Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
truebluethroughandthrough

ABSOLUTE MASTERSTROKE

Now that their first target has been achieved, and with hindsight we can all see what top business men our owners really are.

Converting the debt into equity when they did and basically therfore giving us a clean slate even with a loss of over 30 million of their money, was truly a masterstroke.

The initial loans made to the club all written off AS well as all interest incurred from them.

So the latest claim from vichai, about possible spending might not be too far away, when you consider our future revenue turnover.

Next season alone our turnover could exceed 100 million.

Minimum of 63 million for just showing up.

7/8 miliion matchday tickets.

Then you have to consider all other extra merchandise including increase of shirt sales, matchday turnover etc.

The point im trying to make is that most of this revenue minus the wage bill, could potentially be spent, and we would still be within FFP regulations.

Top and Vichai I salute you.

hope they dont spoil it by running their mouths off about how were going to spend our way into the top 5.

On the evidence of the past three or four years, they say much of anything in public, and I don't see why that should change. I really don't see them doing a Vincent Tan or Assem Allam: I think they have too much self-respect.

hope they dont spoil it by running their mouths off about how were going to spend our way into the top 5.

Me neither. Don't want to go back to the days with links to Beckham/Davids every week of the summer. Hopefully this was an unguarded comment that's been blown out of proportion...

The point im trying to make is that most of this revenue minus the wage bill, could potentially be spent, and we would still be within FFP regulations.

Top and Vichai I salute you.

Which all works fine as long as the owners don't decide to take a dividend.

Something we should not forget is that all this money comes at the the end of the season so will need some type of sort term funding.

If you put these two things together the comments in the press today start to make sense

Vichai's comments might simply be an encouraging rallying call signalling to any prospective signings that we intend to compete and to make an impression on the Premiership. It also gives public assurance to Nigel Pearson that they intend to give him significant backing and are happy to put that on record. 

To me it's entirely reassuring and I don't see anything negative about it at all. Indeed they'r perhaps expected to comment at this stage of the season and have done so in such a way as to make their input and expectations perfectly clear to everyone involved...and very reasonable they seem to be too. 

Generally our owners just get on with it and let their actions do their talking, much as Pearson does. I don't see this latest comment changes that. 

Indeed I think Pearson's gets  an enormous amount of scope for running the football side of things as he sees fit because not all owners are like that.

Yes, I'm sure there is proper communication between the two factions just as there would be with any other head of department but, far from interferring,  I've seen and heard nothing to suggest our owners want to do anything but support the manager in any way he reasonably requires. And stating that there's a reasonable fighting fund available only emphasises that.         

Which all works fine as long as the owners don't decide to take a dividend.

Something we should not forget is that all this money comes at the the end of the season so will need some type of sort term funding.

If you put these two things together the comments in the press today start to make sense

Hahahahaa I think they'll take dividends from King Power first whose revenue is in the billions, compares to their hobby Leicester City.

Archived