Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Strokes

chromecast

Okay explain how this works? I assume it's about as illegal as getting streams on your pc? Is it more reliable and better quality?

It's a mini computer plugged into your TV with a built in media centre. All the different sources are at your fingertips, nothing to download.

I'd guess if you know where to look you could manage on your computer but this makes it a lot easier.

Get it going in the end? Think I'll struggle with anything more technical than what I've done so far!

I've put a question in on that forum above, I'll let you know if I get it working.

EDIT; Got it working.

Go on to add on settings, click enable custom domain and then type in http://primewire.unblocked.bz

Struggling to find that at the moment. Will set aside some time to go through it. Is it worth getting?

I just had a quick glance at it last night. Tbh it doesn't seem much different to Icefilms.

It's a mini computer plugged into your TV with a built in media centre. All the different sources are at your fingertips, nothing to download.

I'd guess if you know where to look you could manage on your computer but this makes it a lot easier.

So are there permanent streams in place for all major channels then? So you fire up your MX, sift through a list of channels like you would on a TV, pick Sky Sports 2 even when there's nothing on but Premier Years 03 and start watching?

Are the streams always consistent with reasonably low buffering and a tidy picture?

I get fed up of searching for streams on the laptop and always ending up having to settle for some awful, pixilated, flash based stream that buffers every two minutes and goes down halfway through the first half anyway.

There are loads of live sports channels from here and abroad, they don't always work but you will usually find an alternative stream without looking too hard. There's also all the usual wiziwig, first row etc with no pop up ads.

If there are any ex pats on here you can also get all the freeview channels live as well.

Put XBMC into amazon, read the description and customer reviews for a better description than I can give.

I have bought a U-M8 android box with xmbc running on an andoid system, I've done all this without any idea what to do now lol is there any dummies guides to setting this all up?

I have bought a U-M8 android box with xmbc running on an andoid system, I've done all this without any idea what to do now lol is there any dummies guides to setting this all up?

How are you connecting it to the TV? Are you doing it wireless or ethernet cable?

Through hdmi to the TV. Wireless to the internet. I seem to lost signal pretty regular too as though the TV isn't picking up the box.

That doesn't sound right, are you sure it's not your internet signal?

It looks the same but I didn't pay that much.

I don't think so no the internet is working fine. I've swapped TVa and it's working better. How do I go about downloading the required apps to watch sport and movies?

They should all be there if it's pre loaded. Look in add ons. For sport the best ones are Sports devil, there are some on Mash up and Navi X. For films and TV try Icefilms .

PS there are a load of instructional videos on Youtube that can explain it better than me.

They should all be there if it's pre loaded. Look in add ons. For sport the best ones are Sports devil, there are some on Mash up and Navi X. For films and TV try Icefilms .

PS there are a load of instructional videos on Youtube that can explain it better than me.

Thanks a lot Webbo. I've managed to get it up and running now, wish I'd have invested in one of these sooner. Still having a few issues with losing signal between the box and TV, have emailed them and they're sending me a new box. Really recommend using androidsticks.

I seem to be losing signal regularly again, I'm certain it's a problem with the box rather than the internet. Going to send this one back on the 14 day guarantee. Anyone suggest any reliable boxes that work on Samsung tvs well?

I connect with an ethernet cable cable, is there anyway you could do that?

Yeah I have tried that as well, the internet is working perfectly fine on it. Its definitely through the HDMI port. It works for about 15 minutes at most then starts a screensaver on my telly (and the other two ive tried) saying no signal, but it still knows theres a cable plugged in. Ive tried various HDMI leads, ethernet and wifi and still the problem occurs. Ive searched google and it appears many others have had this issue before as well.

I'd really like to get one of these but what sort of download speeds do you need?

I live in Stoney Stanton and the max I manage to get is around 350 kbs - I imagine at those speeds it would buffer a lot?

I'd really like to get one of these but what sort of download speeds do you need?

I live in Stoney Stanton and the max I manage to get is around 350 kbs - I imagine at those speeds it would buffer a lot?

I think you need a minimum of 3mb even then you'll get some buffering on some things.

Blimey I think I got more than that when I was on dial up. :D   Isn't there any provider who can offer you better speeds?

Archived