Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Strokes

chromecast

• 2 weeks later...

What video outputs do these xbmc boxes have? Obviously HDMI but anything else, the specs on amazon don't give anything away.

Depends on the source, for live sport the streams are the same as you get from your computer. Sometimes they're really good, the sopcast ones especially, the flash streams are not always great.

Depends on the source, for live sport the streams are the same as you get from your computer. Sometimes they're really good, the sopcast ones especially, the flash streams are not always great.

Sorry mate i meant the physical input/outputs on the box itself. Im considering getting one for an oldish projector but it doesnt have the hdmi or dvi input. If these boxes can use vga, composite or s-video it gives me a fighting chance.

Mine can take one of those one cable in the back three different coloured cables into the telly(don't know what you call that). That or hmdi,I looked up vga and it doesn't take that.

Mine can take one of those one cable in the back three different coloured cables into the telly(don't know what you call that). That or hmdi,I looked up vga and it doesn't take that.

Cheers webbo, which one is yours again? I will order that I think.

Cheers webbo, which one is yours again? I will order that I think.

It s an MX dual core android box but for similar money you could probably get a quad core.

Have you got a lap top you could download XMBC onto? That way you connect with the vga thing.

It s an MX dual core android box but for similar money you could probably get a quad core.

Have you got a lap top you could download XMBC onto? That way you connect with the vga thing.

ordinarily i would but its going to be a fixed solution, so i would rather shell out the £70-80 for one of these and be done with it. Performance or quality isnt overly important, so long as it isnt terrible.

Cheers webbo i'll look into it.

Watched the city game this afternoon on a icecube android box from droidsticks.....going to save me alot of money this season in away tickets!

I have just bought that one from these, should be here tomo. What do you think? Any tips?

Dead easy to set up

I have just bought that one from these, should be here tomo. What do you think? Any tips?

It's dead easy to set up and as a couple of people on here have said i wish i'd got one sooner.You can watch pretty much any film that is out on DVD or Blueray in hd quality.The live footy games are not so good quality,but watchable.All the premier league games are on this season somewhere and it makes it dead easy to find a stream.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had the MX2 for about a month (same as webbo I think).

HD streams don't really work for me, internet is fast enough as no buffering, but the framerate is quite low and unwatchable really. So I'd recommend a quad core over a dual core box.

SD streams are fine. Only problem is that sometimes I can be x number of mins through a film/tv/sports show and the stream will just cut out and go back to the main menu for no apparent reason at all.

I've had the MX2 for about a month (same as webbo I think).

HD streams don't really work for me, internet is fast enough as no buffering, but the framerate is quite low and unwatchable really. So I'd recommend a quad core over a dual core box.

SD streams are fine. Only problem is that sometimes I can be x number of mins through a film/tv/sports show and the stream will just cut out and go back to the main menu for no apparent reason at all.

That's happened once or twice to me but I wouldn't say it was a regular occurrence.

I've pre-ordered an Amazon Fire box while they were on special offer. Apparently you can get Plex on that pretty easily, does anyone know if you can get sports streams on that?

That's happened once or twice to me but I wouldn't say it was a regular occurrence.

It's probably just the quality of the source more than anything. Out of interest, how do your HD videos work out? The box itself has no problem playing HD as I've played 1080p through the main video app - it's just XMBC seems to be lacking. There are quite a few video settings so not sure if you've changed any of the hardware acceleration settings etc?

It's probably just the quality of the source more than anything. Out of interest, how do your HD videos work out? The box itself has no problem playing HD as I've played 1080p through the main video app - it's just XMBC seems to be lacking. There are quite a few video settings so not sure if you've changed any of the hardware acceleration settings etc?

tbh I don't think I've ever watched a HD film all the way through. I tried it once just to test it but I didn't have time to watch it all the way through. It worked okay for 2 minutes.

I tried watching something in HD on BBC iplayer the other week and that kept buffering, and I pay extra for fibre broadband.

I've downloaded showbox on android but I can never seem to watch films I am on Virgin broadband could it be blocked by them?

I fancy watching a film later can anyone help me out please

As I think someone mentioned earlier, some add-ons are geo-blocked but get updated regularly to use proxies etc.

Did you buy the box pre-loaded? Droidsticks for example push their own updates out - http://www.droidsticks.co.uk/030914-new-update-droidsticks-wizard-main-addons-1channelsolarmoviesicefilmsproject-freetv-fixed-enjoy/

I've downloaded showbox on android but I can never seem to watch films I am on Virgin broadband could it be blocked by them?

I fancy watching a film later can anyone help me out please

I've got chromecast with bog standard sky broadband and showbox on my phone. I use allcast premium to cast films and shows etc without trouble so could well be virgin being gash.

• 4 weeks later...

would someone mind please telling me a good add on and channel to find a stream please for XBMC, i have been looking and im getting close with mash up but i want to find one withing the next half hour. thanks

would someone mind please telling me a good add on and channel to find a stream please for XBMC, i have been looking and im getting close with mash up but i want to find one withing the next half hour. thanks

In before deleted sports devil.

Just downloaded XMBC to my android phone earlier today, decided to have a play around myself before buying anything.

So far I've got SportsDevil, Mash Up and Icefilms all working so think I'll settle for that for now.

Archived