Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Strokes

chromecast

That makes mine look like a kid's toy. I'm going to start saving my Amazon vouchers again.

Thats the good thing about these, they're only going to get better. And at £100 a pop you get more than you could ever imagine for your £££

Thanks a lot Webbo. I've managed to get it up and running now, wish I'd have invested in one of these sooner. Still having a few issues with losing signal between the box and TV, have emailed them and they're sending me a new box. Really recommend using androidsticks.

Finally taken the plunge and invested myself too - just waiting for it to turn up now! With the new PL season on the horizon, and having looked at all the other stuff it's capable of, I reckon £60-£70 is a decent enough gamble to take. Can't wait to get it set up and start having a play.

The only thing is, I bought mine off eBay and foolishly forgot that I'd left my parents address on my account, so it's being shipped their place in Leicester and they'll have to send it on to me in London.

Finally taken the plunge and invested myself too - just waiting for it to turn up now! With the new PL season on the horizon, and having looked at all the other stuff it's capable of, I reckon £60-£70 is a decent enough gamble to take. Can't wait to get it set up and start having a play.

The only thing is, I bought mine off eBay and foolishly forgot that I'd left my parents address on my account, so it's being shipped their place in Leicester and they'll have to send it on to me in London.

It's one of those things. When you finally get one you wish you did it a lot sooner. It's worth it for the movie streaming alone for me.

It's one of those things. When you finally get one you wish you did it a lot sooner. It's worth it for the movie streaming alone for me.

I was watching the Expendables 3 earlier and 10 minutes from the end the stream just died on me, I'll never know whether Sylvester Stallone survived now :D. You can't really complain though when you're getting it for free.

I was watching the Expendables 3 earlier and 10 minutes from the end the stream just died on me, I'll never know whether Sylvester Stallone survived now :D. You can't really complain though when you're getting it for free.

I'm surprised you managed to watch it for that long, the first two were garbage!  ;)

I'm surprised you managed to watch it for that long, the first two were garbage!  ;)

But its free garbage!! ;)

lol Has this happened very often for you?

First time.

Ah good! My new Ice Cube 2 box is due to arrive tomorrow, I'm like a little kid on christmas eve. Have seen on their twitter that people have been installing emulators and roms, has anyone on here done that? If so is it difficult? (bit of a dumbass with technology)

Ah good! My new Ice Cube 2 box is due to arrive tomorrow, I'm like a little kid on christmas eve. Have seen on their twitter that people have been installing emulators and roms, has anyone on here done that? If so is it difficult? (bit of a dumbass with technology)

Me too, I've been thinking about buying a cheap quad core from that site where heggsy buys his football shirts and having a go at installing XMBC and all the add ons myself but I'm frit I'll cock it up.

Me too, I've been thinking about buying a cheap quad core from that site where heggsy buys his football shirts and having a go at installing XMBC and all the add ons myself but I'm frit I'll cock it up.

I'm struggling to get it running and its pre-installed lol

I installed XMBC on my Nexus 7 without any problems, took about 5 minutes and we were able to watch the Thai friendly, F1 etc

• 2 weeks later...

We're having a few problems with this not being detected at the moment. We have one in our upstairs lounge and one in the downstairs but they're both really temperamental and connection seems to cut out and resume a lot when streaming to plex. Other times the chromecast app just doesn't detect one or both of them. No issues with wifi other than chrome cast. The downstairs one is about 5 metres from the router and the upstairs one is probably a few more.

Anyone else have any idea?

We're having a few problems with this not being detected at the moment. We have one in our upstairs lounge and one in the downstairs but they're both really temperamental and connection seems to cut out and resume a lot when streaming to plex. Other times the chromecast app just doesn't detect one or both of them. No issues with wifi other than chrome cast. The downstairs one is about 5 metres from the router and the upstairs one is probably a few more.

Anyone else have any idea?

Have you tried using a different media outlet instead of plex? Avia allcast, localcast.....just to rule it out. I have no problems with drop out and mine is about 5 metres away.

Have you tried using a different media outlet instead of plex? Avia allcast, localcast.....just to rule it out. I have no problems with drop out and mine is about 5 metres away.

I've not really, no. I will do soon but the chromecast app itself usually has problems locating them like I said. I've taken to just checking that before I even try to use plex now because its so unreliable at the moment.

Archived