Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mowmacrefox

Madjid Bougherra

We don't need another ageing centre half unless they are absolutely sensational. Upson, Morgan, Wasilweski are all the wrong side of 30 as is Paul Konchesky. We still need one more centre half in my opinion and it should be someone who is going to get better and be a real asset to the club.

We don't need another ageing centre half unless they are absolutely sensational. Upson, Morgan, Wasilweski are all the wrong side of 30 as is Paul Konchesky. We still need one more centre half in my opinion and it should be someone who is going to get better and be a real asset to the club.

As above, I think the experience is now in place, but I think we need two more defenders in (younger). Cresswell (Ipswich) is still one I think we will probably/hope we end up signing but the other player I'm impressed with is John Brooks of the USA. Played really well the other day and scored a bullet header. Played in the Bundesliga, apparently his current market value is €2.5m on that TransferMarket site so a possibility.

Hi guys,

Been following the page for a while now without posting. Despite being Scottish i have supported Leicester for 16 years. I have family there and was taken to my first game at 12,been following ever since.

This seemed like a as good a place as any to jump in as my other team is Rangers so i've watched Madjid play ALOT! I've always liked him, good quality, excellent work rate and will kill himself for the team. The only fault he had in his game was what also made him stand out as a CB, his ability to play out of defence. He was/is great at it. The only problem being he was over confident sometimes and was caught out of possition. I think that's something that came with being at a better quality than the players around him though, he done it in the lower divisions of England, he done it at Rangers and he done it for his most recent club, he DOESN'T do it for Algeria as he knows he WILL get his team punished for it.

As far as us signing him......

I've just bigged the guy up, i'm obviously a fan and do think he would be a great signing for us and WOULD be in my starting 11 if he signs. However, i DON'T think we should sign him. We have 3 experienced players at CB already, not to mention Liam Moore who surely will be promised some game time in his favoured position. If we are to sign a defender, surely we must look at backup for RDL.... Assuming NP thinks Schlupp and Konchesky will do at LB........

Just my thoughts on the matter.......

Madjid Bougherra at 31 is not too old. You gotta be under 25 to think that 31,32 or 33 is too old for a centre back. Pace and fitness are not necessarily anything to do with age.

Of course some players are not fit or fast no matter what age they are.

In our first season back in the Prem we need the right mix of quality, fitness, pace, experience and desire. Madjid ticks at least most of those boxes, and he is out of contract.

Value rating has got to be excellent!

Hi guys,

Been following the page for a while now without posting. Despite being Scottish i have supported Leicester for 16 years. I have family there and was taken to my first game at 12,been following ever since.

This seemed like a as good a place as any to jump in as my other team is Rangers so i've watched Madjid play ALOT! I've always liked him, good quality, excellent work rate and will kill himself for the team. The only fault he had in his game was what also made him stand out as a CB, his ability to play out of defence. He was/is great at it. The only problem being he was over confident sometimes and was caught out of possition. I think that's something that came with being at a better quality than the players around him though, he done it in the lower divisions of England, he done it at Rangers and he done it for his most recent club, he DOESN'T do it for Algeria as he knows he WILL get his team punished for it.

As far as us signing him......

I've just bigged the guy up, i'm obviously a fan and do think he would be a great signing for us and WOULD be in my starting 11 if he signs. However, i DON'T think we should sign him. We have 3 experienced players at CB already, not to mention Liam Moore who surely will be promised some game time in his favoured position. If we are to sign a defender, surely we must look at backup for RDL.... Assuming NP thinks Schlupp and Konchesky will do at LB........

Just my thoughts on the matter.......

cheers, mate   :thumbup:

As above, I think the experience is now in place, but I think we need two more defenders in (younger). Cresswell (Ipswich) is still one I think we will probably/hope we end up signing but the other player I'm impressed with is John Brooks of the USA. Played really well the other day and scored a bullet header. Played in the Bundesliga, apparently his current market value is €2.5m on that TransferMarket site so a possibility.

Noooooooo never buy on the strength of a good World Cup alone! Alexi lalas springs to mind!

Noooooooo never buy on the strength of a good World Cup alone! Alexi lalas springs to mind!

To be fair, John Brooks is a very good defender and the World Cup will only make teams stand up and realise just how good is. Played for Hertha Berlin a lot this season at only 21. Would be an interesting option. 

To be fair, John Brooks is a very good defender and the World Cup will only make teams stand up and realise just how good is. Played for Hertha Berlin a lot this season at only 21. Would be an interesting option.

The reason I put him down was as he did impress and yes, I won't lie, it was on the basis of that one game. But he looked impressive. However, I know full well it is hardly likely to happen but I think this is the ilk of player we should be after. Good in the air, quick and preferably tall. I also agree with the point about age is not a restriction if you're still good enough, but, I just think that all bases have been covered on the 'experience' quota now and now we need a really upcoming and strong defender.

Personally would like us to look at some of the European leagues again to find a potential name. Scandinavia always come up with a decent defender or two... (Y) :)

Doria from Botafogo. Only 19 and made 72 appearances for Botafogo and got 1 full Brazil cap. Think Chelsea were linked to him so could be out of our reach. If he did go somewhere like Chelsea though, they would prob loan him out.

Doria from Botafogo. Only 19 and made 72 appearances for Botafogo and got 1 full Brazil cap. Think Chelsea were linked to him so could be out of our reach. If he did go somewhere like Chelsea though, they would prob loan him out.

Wherever he ends up, if they don't nickname him "the explorier" and paint a monkey on his boots then I don't know what they're doing with their lives.

Archived