Soar Fox Posted 22 June 2014 Posted 22 June 2014 Im not worried, even if we get relegated. These players will get better and better. We need to eradicate this short term view of sucess and believe in the project. Who's to say the players will stay if we get relegated.
LAprice_ Posted 22 June 2014 Posted 22 June 2014 There's a World Cup going on at the moment, by the way, thought I'd just mention that.
sylofox Posted 22 June 2014 Posted 22 June 2014 There's a World Cup going on at the moment, by the way, thought I'd just mention that. Don't matter to us as we have not taken part a little like our country.
dayday Posted 22 June 2014 Posted 22 June 2014 Don't count me on this but did not Martin O'Neill not sign Kasey Keller + others just before the season we got promoted?
Steven Posted 14 July 2014 Author Posted 14 July 2014 I am seeing the phrase "time to gel" coming up more and more. It would seem to me that we have still not added the extra quality that is needed over last year's side.
lgfualol Posted 14 July 2014 Posted 14 July 2014 I would have liked to see a striker or a LB go to train in Austria with the rest of them.
Captain... Posted 14 July 2014 Posted 14 July 2014 Ideal situation would be to have the squad complete and not need to sign any more players. But it was never going to be a perfect preseason we are all learning how to prepare for the prem and next season will be smoother, if we survive. We will have a greater reputation and be a greater attraction for new signings. I'm still not panicking but any new signings will need to adjust quickly or risk not being settled by the start of the season.
Guest Col city fan Posted 14 July 2014 Posted 14 July 2014 The 'time to gel' thing is and always has been bollox IMO. If they are good enough, they are good enough. Whether that be the existing squad or new additions to it. Pre season friendlies mean diddly too. Didn't we do quite badly last pre season? Then look what happened. Not long now, we'll soon have a better idea. Personally, I think we are short of a couple of quality additions, who are BETTER than what we already have, rather than just squad additions. We'll see anyway. I go into the new season with no expectations.
Tuna Posted 14 July 2014 Posted 14 July 2014 Don't count me on this but did not Martin O'Neill not sign Kasey Keller + others just before the season we got promoted? I believe we signed Keller and Spencer Prior in August only a few weeks before we played Sunderland on the opening day. Ian Marshall signed late August after the start of the season. Other than turning Izzet into a permanent fox, I think that was it for MON in his Debut premier league season!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.