Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ikon_Klow

Patrik Gerrbrand

Get in Gerrbrand for the league games instead of McCarthy because he could cost us. Sheehan, Stearman, Kisnorbo + Hammill for the Bury match.

160159[/snapback]

Didn't mccarthy make a great block late in the game to keep the score at 2-2?

Its going to be a strong team playing at bury.

Didn't mccarthy make a great block late in the game to keep the score at 2-2?

Its going to be a strong team playing at bury.

160160[/snapback]

I dont know, but the amount of free-kicks he gives away is bad and he is so clumsy. From what I have heard Gerrbrand is alot quicker, calm and reliable. Can anybody tell me how Nils-Eric Johansson is doing?

I wouldnt start thinking CL is gonna put out a totally different team. We need to get through these cup games, and losing them by putting out a weak side will not be good

160246[/snapback]

I agree with you. CL is likely to make only as few changes as needed to get the best results (using the strongest team possible, given the current injuries).

I wouldnt start thinking CL is gonna put out a totally different team. We need to get through these cup games, and losing them by putting out a weak side will not be good

160246[/snapback]

I'd agree with that, although I think Levein might give Stearman, Hammond and Gerrbrand full games, or at least significant appearances.

Personally, I'd like to see Henderson given a run out against Bury.

Obviously CL has to play the right cards, even against Bury - these are not friendlies, they're competetive matches - and you can bet your last few quid that Bury will be going all out to win.

So what does he do, mix the team up a little to give fresh blood a chance, or does he stick with the strongest team which he's using in the league?

Add into that injury worries, should he rest a few key players to lessen the risk of a serious injury worry, or not?

It'll be interesting to see what he does, I'm thinking he'll maybe swap a defender, a midfielder and Elvis will be the starting striker (alongside who is anyone's guess) :thumbup:

I think injuries and fitness levels will dictate the side CL picks for tuesday night, players are still finding their fitness and with games coming thick and fast CL may well decide to rest a few players to freshen things up. My team would be as follows :

Henderson

Stearman

Johansson

Gerrbrand

Gilbert

Sylla

Williams

Tiatto

Hamill

Hammond

De Vries

Subs

Douglas

Kisnorbo

Maybury

Gudjonsson

Dublin

This way it is still sending out a strong side, capable of winning the match but it also allowing a few of the players a rest before the weekend where we have 2 league games in the space of 48 hours. I think for the likes of Gilbert, Sylla and Hammond they need matches to get used to the pattern of the team and they seem fit enough to play in these games. Tiatto missed the first 2 games so he should be chomping at the bit and will help build his match fitness. Williams IMO is a very good athlete who appears to have decent fitness levels and is a player who benefits from playing matches, resting him doesnt benefit him plus he is our only fit creative midfielder.

I would give this team as much time on the pitch as possible, only using the likes of Maybury and Dublin in an emergency. If we can build a decent lead with 25 mins to go then I would then protect Williams and replace him with either Kisnorbo or Joey.

There are a number of things about Leicester City selections I find it difficult to understand.

a) Stearman. Why has he failed to get into a defensive line-up which is shipping goals like water through a burst pipe. Stearman seems to be a tight marking quick tackling reliable player who can pass. Gilbert looks all at sea on the left (he's been skinned mercilessly at times), McCarthy appears injured and even Maybury has not been at his best. Is it that Stearman is on lower wages or what?

b) Gerrbrand. Is he injured, unfit or what? If not and CL doesn't think he's good enough to get into this defence then he must be pretty bad. And yet, by reputation he's an excellent player. So what IS the situation?

On the plus side Hammond might have missed some chances but he hits the target or thereabouts and looks to be a genuinely promising attacker with pace, power and an eye for goal. Is it worth considering 4-3-3 with these players, especially as we seem most effective playing to feet rather than attacking high crosses?.

the way thing are going with paddy he will soon enough when paddy serves his inevitable ban

160199[/snapback]

I bet he is having a comp with Tiatto to see who can get more fouls and bookings in a season! :rolleyes:

I owuld like to see a few young players given a chance against Bury but also make sure there is enough experience to get a win. We need to get a good cup run to keep momentum and bring money in!

There are a number of things about Leicester City selections I find it difficult to understand.

a) Stearman. Why has he failed to get into a defensive line-up which is shipping goals like water through a burst pipe. Stearman seems to be a tight marking quick tackling reliable player who can pass. Gilbert looks all at sea on the left (he's been skinned mercilessly at times), McCarthy appears injured and even Maybury has not been at his best. Is it that Stearman is on lower wages or what?

b) Gerrbrand. Is he injured, unfit or what? If not and CL doesn't think he's good enough to get into this defence then he must be pretty bad. And yet, by reputation he's an excellent player. So what IS the situation?

On the plus side Hammond might have missed some chances but he hits the target or thereabouts and looks to be a genuinely promising attacker with pace, power and an eye for goal. Is it worth considering 4-3-3 with these players, especially as we seem most effective playing to feet rather than attacking high crosses?.

160322[/snapback]

I think CL is trying to keep the side as settled as possible. Fair enough, against Sheff Utd they shipped in during the last 10 mins but were OK otherwise. After the clean sheet against Ipswich, you can't blame CL for trying to stick with the defence to preserve continuity. Having said that, I'm not at all in doubt that changes will happen after the Crewe game. Stearman and/or Gerrbrand are very likely to start in our next game, along with Wilcox I think...

Archived