Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grandad.

MLS

Regarding the first three world cups, if we did enter. We would of course been a favourite to win it and wouldn't of shocked anyone if England did win one of the first 3 world cups. It's not arrogant to think that because it's true.

No, you really wouldn't - in the 3 previous Olympic football tournaments, you entered once and finished 11th out of 14, you were not major players on an international football scene back then.

Now pull your head out of your arse - this sort of shit is why so much of the world hates England.

Back to the original topic, there was a crowd of 64000 in the MLS yesterday for the derby between Portland and Seattle.

These yanks just don't get the sport.

Come on we all know the crowd only turned up because they all idolised Obafemi Martins as they saw him play for Newcastle as the EPL is the only league that counts!

Ok, I went through world cups since we won it and picked out they talking points. I'm pretty sure I said with different luck or no hand balls we could had reach a final or two. You and MC can dismiss England chances all you want. This and Euro 2012 are really the first two tournament's there been no expectations.

You and MC no offence will never get the English national team and why we have never won a euro or a world cup. Talents been there and good teams but obviously we'd never took the next step on the international scene. You think I'm some arrogant English fan who thinks we're the greatest team in the word, when it's clear we're not

Regarding the first three world cups, if we did enter. We would of course been a favourite to win it and wouldn't of shocked anyone if England did win one of the first 3 world cups. It's not arrogant to think that because it's true.

My argument is though, we will never fall into the Australia or Switzerland catgerory of international football because we take the game to seriously and too much money goes into it. You think England have the highest attendance in international football.

It's funny because I remember the really good side Australia had back in the early 00's with likes of Viduka Breaciano Emerton Kewell coming to Wembley and winning 3-1 and the Swiss getting points off us in international tournaments.

If you are arguing that football was a wider following in England than Australia, you'll probably be right, this does not mean the people that do follow it don't care as much or that the country is not capable of putting together a good national team that can compete.

It's funny because I remember the really good side Australia had back in the early 00's with likes of Viduka Breaciano Emerton Kewell coming to Wembley and winning 3-1 and the Swiss getting points off us in international tournaments.

If you are arguing that football was a wider following in England than Australia, you'll probably be right, this does not mean the people that do follow it don't care as much or that the country is not capable of putting together a good national team that can compete.

Upton Park 2001 Edited by SOCCERROO FOX

They came to Upton Park and beat us 3-1, but that's just me being pedantic.

And tournaments being one tournament in 1996 where Switzerland have taken points off of us.

Edited by Grandad.

Wembley ?! Upton road ?! Yes ok mister football knowledge. The game England change their whole team at half time. Massive win that is, if we go on that logic, England are a powerhouse base on friendly wins e.g Spain, Brazil, Italy, Germany ... Also Switzerland haven't beat us since 1981 and last time we played them at a major tournament was euro 2004 and we thrashed them ... Must try harder pablo

They came to Upton Park and beat us 3-1, but that's just me being pedantic.

And tournaments being one tournament in 1996 where Switzerland have taken points off of us.

Well we've only played them twice in my lifetime at a major tourament Lofty so it's hardly a bad record for them lol

Wembley ?! Upton road ?! Yes ok mister football knowledge. The game England change their whole team at half time. Massive win that is, if we go on that logic, England are a powerhouse base on friendly wins e.g Spain, Brazil, Italy, Germany ... Also Switzerland haven't beat us since 1981 and last time we played them at a major tournament was euro 2004 and we thrashed them ... Must try harder pablo

Like you knew it was at Upton Park till someone told you.

Well we've only played them twice in my lifetime at a major tourament Lofty so it's hardly a bad record for them lol

In my lifetime Switzerland have three draws to boast about that is it v England, one at a major tournament, not a bad record but not a great record either that isn't even worth mentioning.

Hahaha yeah ok course I didn't, Francis Jeffers score and wayne Rooney made his debut .... Seriously don't test me on football because I will destroy you.

Ashley your using a search engine, it's not hard.

Plus like Albert pointed out it was in 2003, Wembley wasn't even built then lol.

Yes I remember that now.

I don't rely on google for my knowledge base so occasionaly I make oversights.

Hahaha yeah ok course I didn't, Francis Jeffers score and wayne Rooney made his debut .... Seriously don't test me on football because I will destroy you.

I WILL DESTROY YOU lol

Nope can't think of any reason why people would call you a tosser or liken your IQ to an eggplants

Ok believe what you want pablo but I know the facts and you're the wikipedia and google man. I've forgotten more then you will ever know.

Yeah you always have me at football.

Wheres my £20 again?

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 1