Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grandad.

MLS

Fair play if he genuinely would.

I just don't get why there are so many who like to pick out small snippets of information that swing things in our favour rather than accepting the reality. POTM - are you seriously happy with the state of the England side at the minute? Do you honestly believe this team to be that good?

All well and good having the players but in reality most of them aren't even nearly the best player at their club. In-fact I don't think one of them is (well maybe one of the Liverpool ones are now that Suarez has gone). This is the worst England side I can remember. It isn't necessarily their fault. That's just the way it's gone.

Ah. Hold on.. I thought England were in a tough group?

The excellent Italy and Uruguay?

From Australia's point of view and with their regular (and mostly poor) opponents they usually play in qualification, getting drawn into a group with Spain, the Netherlands and Chile - who are all pretty hefty opponents - is a much more daring task. Australia knew they were the outsiders, were unlikely to advance anyway and expectations pre-World Cup were pretty modest.

Now compare that to England.

England's group was hard - most admitted that from the moment the draw was made. But it clearly isn't as hard as the two finalists from the last tournament and one of the main dark horses.

From Australia's point of view and with their regular (and mostly poor) opponents they usually play in qualification, getting drawn into a group with Spain, the Netherlands and Chile - who are all pretty hefty opponents - is a much more daring task. Australia knew they were the outsiders, were unlikely to advance anyway and expectations pre-World Cup were pretty modest.

Now compare that to England.

Exactly, I was being ironic.

England's group was clearly not as hard as it was considered to be pre tournament.

Italy are poor. Yes, currently a poor international side. Though I hate to say it, we are worse.

Ok, I went through world cups since we won it and picked out they talking points. I'm pretty sure I said with different luck or no hand balls we could had reach a final or two. You and MC can dismiss England chances all you want. This and Euro 2012 are really the first two tournament's there been no expectations.

You and MC no offence will never get the English national team and why we have never won a euro or a world cup. Talents been there and good teams but obviously we'd never took the next step on the international scene. You think I'm some arrogant English fan who thinks we're the greatest team in the word, when it's clear we're not

Regarding the first three world cups, if we did enter. We would of course been a favourite to win it and wouldn't of shocked anyone if England did win one of the first 3 world cups. It's not arrogant to think that because it's true.

My argument is though, we will never fall into the Australia or Switzerland catgerory of international football because we take the game to seriously and too much money goes into it. You think England have the highest attendance in international football.

Ok, I went through world cups since we won it and picked out they talking points. I'm pretty sure I said with different luck or no hand balls we could had reach a final or two. You and MC can dismiss England chances all you want. This and Euro 2012 are really the first two tournament's there been no expectations.

You and MC no offence will never get the English national team and why we have never won a euro or a world cup. Talents been there and good teams but obviously we'd never took the next step on the international scene. You think I'm some arrogant English fan who thinks we're the greatest team in the word, when it's clear we're not

Regarding the first three world cups, if we did enter. We would of course been a favourite to win it and wouldn't of shocked anyone if England did win one of the first 3 world cups. It's not arrogant to think that because it's true.

My argument is though, we will never fall into the Australia or Switzerland catgerory of international football because we take the game to seriously and too much money goes into it. You think England have the highest attendance in international football.

What's to get?

Yes, I think you have made that clear for all to see on here.

Well Australia and England both didn't make it out of the group and Switzerland did.

:)

Also England will never become as bad as Australia and Switzerland in terms of a footballing powerhouse. We might not be Spain, Germany or Argentina but we won't dropped that low pal. 2 years ago we topped a group containing France, Ukraine and Sweden all better teams then Australia or Switzerland.

See there you go again, you stated in the same catergory (What ever that actually means) as England i just merely pointed out that in this World Cup the Swiss did better than you as did the US and that Australia did just as well as England. Did I state any team was better than the other, No. Do i think you have severly over rated England, Yes.

For a guy who doesn't watch anything other than Leicester you sure are wound up pretty tight about your Powerhouse national team not going so great.

I'm not bothered about being called a moron, when you just need to look thru the last 10 pages to see who most people have called the real moron.

In saying all that i've loved how you fire from the hip, then back track, then change your point, back track again, fire off more crap, change the topic and repeat it's really entertaining.

Edited by SOCCERROO FOX

The argument for England being in a hard group was shot in flames when Costa Rica won the bloody thing. All three of the supposed big hitters of group D were well off form.

Watch us reached the semi finals in France 2016 now. No offence but England should at least expect quarter finals every competition we enter.

What are you even basing that on? What exactly are you seeing that makes you think that's going to happen due to anything other than a plucky run like Costa Rica had?

I agree that our long-term aim should be to at least make the quarters every tournament. At absolute least. But the reality of our situation couldn't be more different. We should be a top side given our supposed pedigree and interest in the game, but we aren't.

This isn't a wind up either but I find Aussies the most racist nation in the world. That include social media and in person. They think all Indians are Muslims and were telling me how they hated south east Asian immigrant's coming in their country.

Keep it down, border bandit :P

Not sure you can say all Aussies are racist, but there are rural areas where their attitude is a little bit out of date. Far North Queensland for instance

Watch us reached the semi finals in France 2016 now. No offence but England should at least expect quarter finals every competition we enter.

And that's why you'll continue to fail unless there's a change of education and a change of expectations.

With a bit of luck for other teams, you wouldn't even have gotten past the group stage of some major tournaments in the past. And as for that goal in 1966... Well, did it cross the line? lol

English media and English fans will always have (big) expectations before any European Championship or World Cup. And you'll continue to suffer heartbreak with that approach and the lack of talent development in the English Football League.

As for the first three World Cups, England didn't enter because they didn't want to. End of story. Everything else is a mere hypothesis on your behalf. Chances are they would've gotten their asses whipped by the South American outfits.

You may drop as low as the Switzerland or Australia category should you continue to fall from grace, disappoint yourself and the footballing world by not getting anywhere both at World Cups as well as at European Championships. Much more grassroots level education is needed, more licensed coaches, a more humble approach to football and less delusion. That'd help for a start.

If nothing to little is done, we'll continue to have to endure people like you, Ash.

Stuck with people with their laughable footballing knowledge and outdated footballing attitude towards anything outside of their crumbling comfort zone.