Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grandad.

MLS

I'm not going back on my word now and Manwell can remain bitter and take shots at me all he wants. I'm still gonna post my facts for my fans who want the truth.

Please let's go back to football now gentlemen

First the facts, please.

Then we can head on discussing football, Ash.

I'm not going back on my word now and Manwell can remain bitter and take shots at me all he wants. I'm still gonna post my facts for my fans who want the truth.

Who are your fans?

Traditional hey ?! In the MLS ?! This has been passed down for 7 years now !!!

Reasons like this are why Americans don't get football. Imgaine we just scored against Forest ... Quick lads get the tree stump hahaha

It's been going since 1975 but you carry on being ignorant  :thumbup:

"I'm still gonna post my facts" firstly that would of implied you had post facts previously which you haven't.

Secondly "my fans" lol you really are delusional.

• 3 months later...

Well the regular season is coming to and end with playoff's soon to begin.

Vancouver won 4 and drew 1 out of last 5 games including beating champions Seattle to claim the final play off spot in the Western Conference and denied last year's champions Portland who won 3 and drew 1 of their last 4 but miss out by a point. (Sorry Bridge).

Toronto who piled loads of money into their squad couldn't even make it to 5th place out of 10 and miss the play offs.

DC United who finished bottom last year won the Eastern Conference this year...only in the MLS.

And there was a title decided as 2nd placed Seatlle beat leaders LA to win the league.

Houston (my team) had a miserable season...their worst.

Averages are up again to 19,000.  Considering the small away support it's pretty impressive.

Well the regular season is coming to and end with playoff's soon to begin.

Vancouver won 4 and drew 1 out of last 5 games including beating champions Seattle to claim the final play off spot in the Western Conference and denied last year's champions Portland who won 3 and drew 1 of their last 4 but miss out by a point. (Sorry Bridge).

Toronto who piled loads of money into their squad couldn't even make it to 5th place out of 10 and miss the play offs.

DC United who finished bottom last year won the Eastern Conference this year...only in the MLS.

And there was a title decided as 2nd placed Seatlle beat leaders LA to win the league.

Houston (my team) had a miserable season...their worst.

Averages are up again to 19,000. Considering the small away support it's pretty impressive.

Essentially, MLSE runs TFC as a soccer version of their Maple Leafs, which is hilarious.

NYRB would do themselves a huge favor by beating SKC tonight to move up from 5th place. If they get stuck in 5th, I think their playoffs will be over before they even start, but with home games, they could make some noise this fall.

I feel like the MLS Cup winner has to come out of the West this year. 3 or 4 teams from the West could have won the East this year, IMO. I'll stick with the safe bet in Seattle to win another trophy.

Sad news for Timbers fans - that must've been quite the finish with them and the Caps separated by only 1 point!

I do hope we can witness an upset in the playoffs here and there and even see a lower-ranked team hold the trophy in the end.

Although I wouldn't have an issue with Seattle getting there.

So Chivas USA are no more, no surprise really givenChivas terrible attendances, amazing that the average MLS attendance still went up despite chivas struggling.  There will be a new LA team with a soccer specific stadium coming in which I think will be much better.  the MLS clearly wants rivalry to be a major factor, the city of LA should easily be able to sustain 2 teams given the huge levels of immigrants and huge population.

So Chivas USA are no more, no surprise really givenChivas terrible attendances, amazing that the average MLS attendance still went up despite chivas struggling. There will be a new LA team with a soccer specific stadium coming in which I think will be much better. the MLS clearly wants rivalry to be a major factor, the city of LA should easily be able to sustain 2 teams given the huge levels of immigrants and huge population.

Chivas USA must be the most bizarre, pointless, and most patronizing franchise in the whole league, if not in any America sport in my lifetime. Jorge Vergara really underestimated the Chivas fan base in LA--they weren't going to pay money to watch a "different" Chivas team, and especially not if they weren't going to go to watch games in Carson, anyway. Having two LA teams play in one stadium in a suburb was just stupid, but at the time, MLS felt they needed to roll the dice a little. Thankfully, these days, the league is on more sound footing, and won't let ownership join the league without solid stadium plans unless they can spare $100m up front. ;)

The new LA ownership group will hold a press conference tomorrow. I keep hearing Vincent Tan may be a minority owner... Money talks.

Prediction: Seattle beats Columbus in MLS Cup, with Dempsey capping off a great playoff run with two goals in the final.

Hopefully they've not acknowledged it in the slightest.

The only thing I've heard from any MLS bigwigs were some comments by Toronto FC's owners criticizing the PL (and clubs that come over for friendlies) for just coming to North America, taking the money, and running without doing anything to really "grow" the game here. Besides that, I can't think of anything, and I don't think MLS commish Don Garber has said anything.

• 3 months later...