Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grandad.

MLS

Guest MattP

No because MC, this might come as a massive shock for you, but players who play for big clubs ... Don't give two fcuks about playing in the world cup after a long hard season.

lol

Have you actually watched any of the World Cup?

This thread is incredible, I don't like accusing people of trolling but surely the opinions of Hugo and POTM can't be genuine?

It's a level of stupidity I can't comprehend.

USA got to the semi finals in 1930, must have been a fookin hard tournament that one.

Since there wasn't a previous World Cup, there is nothing to compare it to.

And most European countries invited by FIFA didn't participate because of the travel costs.

England didn't want to be part of the club, so blame England.

Could of England won it MC ? Definitely had a massive chance if they could of been arsed and MC for your information England saved fifa after WW2 by giving them money from a England vs Rest of the world game. So if it wasn't for England after WW2, might not be a precious world cup.

Could of England won it MC ? Definitely had a massive chance if they could of been arsed and MC for your information England saved fifa after WW2 by giving them money from a England vs Rest of the world game. So if it wasn't for England after WW2, might not be a precious world cup.

If it hadn't been for a guy called Hirschmann, FIFA would have never made it to the Thirties in the first place.

And England didn't save FIFA in 1947, it was a Great Britain team that gathered money in assisting the football body to continue operating.

Anything else you'd like to twist and turn in favour of England, Ash?

USA got to the semi finals in 1930, must have been a fookin hard tournament that one.

The USA had to beat Paraguay and Begium, a team that sailed half way round the world to play there. They were convincingly hammered by the Argies in the Semi 6-1. Stop telling half a story.

France went out in the group stage and 11 months later beat us 5-2.

European teams struggled in general, it was a South American World cup and a lot of Europeans had probably never even been to South America before or even seen a South American side play.

You can look at any way you want, obviously we were one of the better European sides at the time but to say all we had to do is turn up and we'd of won that World Cup, never mind the two following it as well, is ridiculously stupid to the extreme, and is one of the stupidest things I've read on here to be honest and that is really saying something.

European teams struggled in general, it was a South American World cup and a lot of Europeans had probably never even been to South America before or even seen a South American side play.

A bit irrelevant but you'd be surprised at how many European teams toured South America in the 30's.

Yeah wookie but he'll ignored that because England had no chance of winning any of the first 3 world cups.

Great Britain ?! So England isn't in great Britain ?! England invented the game, we should own fifa in all fairness because it's OUR game.

You may argue its origins, but England most definitely did not invent football per se - that's a common misconception. Elements of kicking a ball existed all over the world before that dude Jesus of Nazareth was born (or not).

Big shout out to them - English schools gave the game coherent rules and a more defined form.

And you know what I mean by Great Britain. England is only a part of it. So don't deny the influence of and give credit to the Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish players in that game you use as a shining example of your alleged English dominance.

Kicking a whatever around 1000 year's ago wasn't fooking football was it you turnip.

England created the game called it football and made the RULES and the first football match took place in ENGLAND. First football international took place in Britain with ENGLAND part of it. Seriously I don't get why you posting back, I'm making you look stupid and people are laughing at you now. I told you before I will school you on football history. I'm not pablo I don't need a Google or Wikipedia.

Yeah wookie but he'll ignored that because England had no chance of winning any of the first 3 world cups.

Great Britain ?! So England isn't in great Britain ?! England invented the game, we should own fifa in all fairness because it's OUR game.

I'm not trying to help you because *you're a cretin.

*Because your arguments are terribly flawed, is that better?

Edited by Wookie

Kicking a whatever around 1000 year's ago wasn't fooking football was it you turnip.

England created the game called it football and made the RULES and the first football match took place in ENGLAND. First football international took place in Britain with ENGLAND part of it. Seriously I don't get why you posting back, I'm making you look stupid and people are laughing at you now. I told you before I will school you on football history. I'm not pablo I don't need a Google or Wikipedia.

You kick a ball with your foot=football.

English schools gave the "savagery" form and status.

Where the first "football" match took place, no one will ever know.

And the game between England and Scotland was the first officially recorded international football match, but certainly not the very first.

Sorry, Ash. Back to square one.

Ok so the football played at the world cup atm came from the game England invented. English sailors took football all around the world. Most clubs all over Europe and south America all started from English people. Look into clubs history I suggest MC.

I'm on about the football played today, which originated from England. Not some people kicking a skull around or kicking something 500 years ago. We made the rules and the f.a cup is the oldest footballing competition in the world.

England didn't invent football, it put it into shape and gave it rules. Massive flaw in your judgement of history, Ash.

The English influenced and sometimes introduced association football to the rest of Europe, to North and South America - the majority of clubs, however, were not founded by them, but by locals.

The FA Cup is the oldest surviving football competition in the world, but whether it is the oldest per se will also remain a mystery forever.

Edited by MC Prussian

Ok so please can you enlightened us all who gave football to the world please ?

Next your be saying, England didn't invent the English language.

You honestly wind me up, the football played today is the game England invented. Bring facts to the table because your just using stupid myths and conspiracy theories that bare no truth.

You honestly wind me up, the football played today is the game England invented. Bring facts to the table because your just using stupid myths and conspiracy theories that bare no truth.

You're actually on the right track there. English (or Anglo-Saxon) existed before England did.

England brought association football to certain parts of the world (notably large parts of Europe, North and South America), but not "the world" overall.

And England never invented football, it was already invented before English schools brought it close to perfection (and to the game we know today).

England had a major impact in making football more popular outside of its borders.

I'll leave the rest for you to figure out.

I'm finished arguing with you, your just a typical anti English European. England have done more for the world then Switzerland. Switzerland for me will always be corrupted nazi sympathies.

This argument is about football, nothing else so your point is irrelevant.

A bit irrelevant but you'd be surprised at how many European teams toured South America in the 30's.

Fair play, were England one of them though?

Ironic Ash that you accuse me of ignoring him yet you refuse to answer 75% of the points I've raised in this thread.

You're actually on the right track there. English (or Anglo-Saxon) existed before England did.

England brought association football to certain parts of the world (notably large parts of Europe, North and South America), but not "the world" overall.

And England never invented football, it was already invented before English schools brought it close to perfection (and to the game we know today).

England had a major impact in making football more popular outside of its borders.

I'll leave the rest for you to figure out.

We invented association football, end of chat there I'm afraid.

We invented association football, end of chat there I'm afraid.

Yep. I've never debated that. And I never will. As for "football", that's a different topic (as seen in my responses to Ash).

Edited by MC Prussian

lol amazing.

I'm finished arguing with you, your just a typical anti English European. England have done more for the world then Switzerland. Switzerland for me will always be corrupted nazi sympathies.

I'm sorry for you, Ash. But maybe you should've been a bit more receptive during history classes at school.