Foxes1 Posted 3 August 2014 Posted 3 August 2014 I have just watched the Malaga v West Ham game on TV and West Ham are worst than us defensively, thats with Aaron Cresswell playing.
Stevosevic Posted 3 August 2014 Posted 3 August 2014 Where did they finish last season? They know their players can cut it, we don't.
cc_star Posted 3 August 2014 Posted 3 August 2014 I have just watched the Malaga v West Ham game on TV and West Ham are worst than us defensively, thats with Aaron Cresswell playing. We have defensive problems? What are people smoking? We've got a good defence, one who was caught out at setpieces a bit too easily, but have added Upson, the best player for the 2nd best defence who will help us out there.
Foxes1 Posted 3 August 2014 Author Posted 3 August 2014 2 of the defensive players (New ones I might add for the forthcoming season) made mistakes for both goals, Cresswell and Jenkinson and one gave away a penalty.
Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot Posted 3 August 2014 Posted 3 August 2014 Because making a mistake in pre season automatically means you are shit/will struggle.
Fox92 Posted 3 August 2014 Posted 3 August 2014 No, I don't think we have defensive problems. Why do we? How do we? Are you referring to pre-season (funny if so) or last season? We conceded too many "easy" goals last season, in terms of set pieces, but do you think we are working on that problem, given our manager was a solid centre half himself? I do.
DANGEROUS TIGER Posted 3 August 2014 Posted 3 August 2014 We have defensive problems? What are people smoking? We've got a good defence, one who was caught out at setpieces a bit too easily, but have added Upson, the best player for the 2nd best defence who will help us out there. I fear you will be proved wrong, unless we get a couple more quality defenders in. Whatever some people may think, I believe we will be dreadfully exposed, particularly at left back.
Monsell1976 Posted 3 August 2014 Posted 3 August 2014 Because making a mistake in pre season automatically means you are shit/will struggle. No set pieces at both ends have been our weakness for sometime.
Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot Posted 3 August 2014 Posted 3 August 2014 Referring to the opening posts/thread title that states because West Ham weren't incredibly efficient in a pre-season game their defence is worse than ours.
smiley Posted 3 August 2014 Posted 3 August 2014 cc_star, on 03 Aug 2014 - 5:04 PM, said: We have defensive problems?What are people smoking?We've got a good defence, one who was caught out at setpieces a bit too easily, but have added Upson, the best player for the 2nd best defence who will help us out there. I fear you will be proved wrong, unless we get a couple more quality defenders in. Whatever some people may think, I believe we will be dreadfully exposed, particularly at left back. Well, Die Well I completely agree we that. LB a must for me, and i think harder to solve will be our weekness we have at defending and taking setpeices.
jock2612 Posted 3 August 2014 Posted 3 August 2014 I think we do have some issues at the back Upson has not played yet , we have a lack of pace at CB if LM does not play,we have no right back cover and if GS is not up to it at LB PK is not good enough
Hungry Hungry Fox Posted 3 August 2014 Posted 3 August 2014 West ham were terrible during their tournament in New Zealand, lost every game I think
LAprice_ Posted 3 August 2014 Posted 3 August 2014 For anyone who says we shouldn't take the Malaga vs West Ham game seriously, you should probably check out the 'Ulloa' thread in which many foxes fans are questioning his ability after a few pre-season matches.
Clever Fox Posted 4 August 2014 Posted 4 August 2014 I don't really care about West Hams problems. Hopefully they'll be as bad when we play them. I do think we have problems at the Back. Pace is an issue. De Laet likes to get forward which means the CB needs pace to cover. Neither Wasyl or Morgan are comfortable in a one to one situations. Which I think it will be Moore and Morgan. Konch has the experience over Schlupp but is never going to play every game. Hopefully Schlupp will rise to the task when called upon. We also lost too many headers from set pieces in the Box last year. Many of which Kasper should have claimed, but were still missed by our CBs. I sincerely hope Nigel is addressing this problem in training. Otherwise we'll be conceding soft goals again, except scoring two won't be so easy. I still think the end of the Month will bring a few surprises in signings. Even if their loans.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.