Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Wes Morgan to Southampton

I also hope this is the fact. I would like to think that our players couldn't care what the club were paying him, because to play alongside and learn from such a brilliant player would be worth it to them as well.

It's not like we're making signings from the Championship and putting them on a higher wage, that would cause upset.

Totally agree with this. Plus it's a free transfer

Depends what the price is. Unproven at the top level, 30 years old, not that fast.....

I hope he doesn't go but say they offered £10m? Every player has a price.

Agree with what you say about every player has a price.

People saying we're not a selling club like Southampton. But if a team came in for some of our top players and offered, £20m, £25m or £27m I'm sure it would be hard to turn down.

However back on subject, I can't see this happening at all.

If he re-signed on say 12k and now Cambiasso comes in on 40k I'd expect him to renegotiate immediately regardless of how recently he'd renewed.

I think every player in the squad knows that Cambiasso deserves higher wages.

His trophy cabinet is bigger than Leicesters! (26) we have 14!

All the players would benefit from him being here, he brings bags of experience both defensively and attacking plus we don't have to pay a club a penny. So 2 years, 5 million is a coup in that sense. We are bringing in Cambiasso for half the price (maybe more) that we paid for Ulloa all in all.

I think every player in the squad knows that Cambiasso deserves higher wages.

His trophy cabinet is bigger than Leicesters! (26) we have 14!

All the players would benefit from him being here, he brings bags of experience both defensively and attacking plus we don't have to pay a club a penny. So 2 years, 5 million is a coup in that sense. We are bringing in Cambiasso for half the price (maybe more) that we paid for Ulloa all in all.

He might 'deserve' higher wages but it depends on how big the difference is. As I said if you are 28k below him and in a position where there is really no competition for your place then I'd ask for a raise, heck any agent worth their salt would be acting on their clients behalf for more money. We've clearly driven a hard bargain with Nugent and caused Lloyd to go elsewhere but now money is seemingly available you'd be a fool not to push for more.

Archived