Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bamba's Babes

Albrighton

Fvck me, nothing like a good old overreaction. And not in regards to the player this time.

All he's fvcking done is ask what people make of his two brief appearances so far. He has made two pretty costly mistakes and looked fairly poor so far. Nobody is saying he is shit or he is a bad signing. Everyone wind your necks in.

Come off it, would you trust him to start? He couldn't track Sanchez and debuchy/hazard and azpilicuetta after they had been playing for 70 minutes, nevermind fresh. He's painfully slow, but maybe just unfit?

Guppy was slow but look at the career he had at City

2 sub appearances....

I thought exactly this.

Muppet. You've seen him play what - 30 minutes of football? When you sit down at work, if you have a really shit 30 minutes - does someone come up to you and start telling you that you're not good enough? 

He looked really good against Werder Bremen to be fair. Decent cross with PL experience. Will be an important player.

Are people actually being serious:s

Feel sorry for the lad he would maybe have been a starter had he not got injured in pre season, did well at Walsall when seen him play, no doubt for me that he'll be a big player, u can't judge him after coming off bench after we've been playing so well, he'll get his chance & shine:) give him chance jeez

I don't get this forum. Dean Hammond has a half against Everton and good game against Chelsea and we can wax lyrical. Someone starts badly and were slagging him off?

Did any of the positive brigade point back to poor performances last year for Hammond and ask to use perspective and only judge him after a reasonable amount of games?

I'm not writing him off, just saying he need to improve, after all we brought him in for his premier league experience.

I thought he looked nervous personally. Hard game to come into and have any sort of impact though.

Agreed.

I think I said before, anyone coming into a game of that tempo against arsenal will struggle.

And when it's 1-1 that makes it more difficult because your nervous about making a mistake which will cost you the game.

Before judging him... Let's see how he plays when he actually gets a decent run out like 45 mins at least.

He's not gifted will bags of pace so he's not going to be an impact player like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not really feeling him at the moment.

He has come on vs Chelsea and Arsenal and not particularly offered anything, no invention, no pace, no burst.

Has anybody else noticed, or should I say not noticed him?

I've been reading your posts for a while now (won't be any longer) you've been a WUM or an idiot not figured out which yet since you started posting here. I don't take you seriously. 

I'm not really feeling him at the moment.

He has come on vs Chelsea and Arsenal and not particularly offered anything, no invention, no pace, no burst.

Has anybody else noticed, or should I say not noticed him?

It's a shame that they're the worst sides in the league. He'll be even worse against the likes of Hull and Palace.

Oh, no he won't.

2 sub appearances - only on for a limited amount of time in each game - just come back from injury - probably not had chance to become 100% match fit

but not as good as Ronaldo - and didn't create 30 goal scoring opportunities or run past every player on the pitch twice in the few mins of game time he's had -  so get rid

honestly Nigel what were you thinking when you signed him?

Can't believe what i've read in this thread to be honest. I'll agree he hasn't overly impressed so far in competitive matches but that's completely understandable for the reasons others have mentioned (recent injury and limited game time).

His stats from last season really speak for themselves to be honest:

Of players who played more than 10 games in the Premier League last season, only five players created more chances per minute than Marc Albrighton (David Silva, Willian, Samir Nasri, Juan Mata & Mesut Ozil). He also delivered more crosses per minute than any other player who started a Premier League game.

And that's was for a poor Villa squad. If he plays at the same time as Ulloa and against the weaker teams or teams without world class full backs i think he'll be fantastic and Ulloa will be deadly.

I've been reading your posts for a while now (won't be any longer) you've been a WUM or an idiot not figured out which yet since you started posting here. I don't take you seriously. 

Take another look through my posts and get back to me.

Can't believe what i've read in this thread to be honest. I'll agree he hasn't overly impressed so far in competitive matches but that's completely understandable for the reasons others have mentioned (recent injury and limited game time).

His stats from last season really speak for themselves to be honest:

Of players who played more than 10 games in the Premier League last season, only five players created more chances per minute than Marc Albrighton (David Silva, Willian, Samir Nasri, Juan Mata & Mesut Ozil). He also delivered more crosses per minute than any other player who started a Premier League game.

And that's was for a poor Villa squad. If he plays at the same time as Ulloa and against the weaker teams or teams without world class full backs i think he'll be fantastic and Ulloa will be deadly.

And that's all I've said...

• 8 months later...

The great irony is that during our bad run in 2012-2013 one of the main points against Pearson is that he's turning our wingers (Knockaert and Marshall) into wingbacks and its completely detrimental to our play 

:pearson:

Archived