Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
maddog

Newcastle (A) OPTIMETER

Optimeter Newcastle (A)  

195 members have voted

1. 1. Another away result?

• Win
    • Lose
    • Draw

Welcome to the forum bimpy, can see you are very anti-Pardew and not surprised, results and arrogant nature make him very unpopular.

We always seem to lose narrowly at St James's, hope it's reversed this time.

Hello Corky :)

I am very anti Pardew obviously, but i was quickly on to him just by watching us. In the 5th placed season the heavy defeats nagged away and it wasn't long before excuse after excuse came out. If you ignore the touchline antics, headbutting players shoving lino's etc, you can see by........actually you know it's much easier to just visit sackpardew.com. Even me as hater of Pardew was amazed at the stats which any one can see for themselves. He can't deny them but does a good job trying to and some of the stuff the bellend has said, i've never known anything like it. My personal favourite excuse was the Notting Hill Carnival being moved meant we lost to Chelsea.

The worst thing though, us as Newcastle fans are losing our connection to our club. Because of Ashley simply using it as an advert for his jumble sale shops, and Pardew (despite what some say) who's in on it with Ashley. They've lowered expectations so much that a lot of fans think a draw at home to Hull was a good result, and wanting decent football and to have a go at finishing in the top half is beyond us, financially and ability wise. It's heartbreaking but they are destroying the club from the inside out.

He did, but they've lost 41 out of 83 league matches since, so I doubt it. Taylor took us to the top of the Premiership, a year later he'd lost 15 out of 19 matches. He's remembered for that and Pardew will be remembered in a similarly hostile and negative way.

Plus the Geordies can't stand Dennis Wise too, good lads and lasses.

Exactly, Pardew tried to make out it was the 4-0 defeat to Southampton that had militant fans, local papers etc rousing up trouble this season, when it's those results there over two seasons that have most wanting him out.

the most amazing part of it all is newcastle are absolute doggo and finished 10th last year!!! 10th! top bloody half!! how shit must the rest of this league be?! no wonder that burnley fan thinks they might have a chance of surviving if there's 7 teams in this year's prem that finished below newcastle last year. 

Wouldn't be surprised if this was to be a first win of the season for Newcastle.

I'll be happy with a draw, we need to take any point we can. BUT there's nothing to say we can't win there and we are due one there too.

Hi bimpy,

Have to say those stats are frightening, and as football fans I think we can all sympathise with your club being abused by a rich idiot: there but for the grace of Top go we. The only thing I would say is I seem to remember plenty of Newcastle fans kicked off about Keegan and Robson towards the end of their reigns as well-who was the last manager who left without a blemish?

My favourite part of your post was about your Sunday League set pieces. We're fairly tight at the back in open play but defend set pieces like a Conference North side, so fingers crossed that's enough for a clean sheet...

The game is all about attitude but then so were the Palace and Burnley games. Newcastle are vulnerable. So is their manager. One-nil up and they'll want to keep it, one-nil down and the crowd will start waving their Pardew-out messages....and what we've got to do is be ruthless, press them into mistakes and stay 100% focused and committed. 

There's no reason at all we shouldn't win. They're the big club and we're the makeweights. All the pressure's on them. But we need to play with the ammunition to apply the right tactics effectively, and the concentration to finish the job.

It's a big opportunity and no, I wouldn't want to settle for a point. I loathe the word "compromise". We didn't win the title last year begging draws and the Burnley game emphasised what a piss-poor policy that is.

Let's score some goals and not concede any for a change. That'll do me. Two-nil. Vardy and King. I know. King probably won't be playing! It's just me thinking that he should be. i like the way he keeps the ball. If everyone kept the ball we'd have no chance of losing and a lot of chances of scoring.     

Hi bimpy,

Have to say those stats are frightening, and as football fans I think we can all sympathise with your club being abused by a rich idiot: there but for the grace of Top go we. The only thing I would say is I seem to remember plenty of Newcastle fans kicked off about Keegan and Robson towards the end of their reigns as well-who was the last manager who left without a blemish?

My favourite part of your post was about your Sunday League set pieces. We're fairly tight at the back in open play but defend set pieces like a Conference North side, so fingers crossed that's enough for a clean sheet...

Hi Oxfordfox83 :)

One stat today although not entirely fair if you feel generous to Pardew because it includes the off season. We have won 1 league game in 210 days, against Cardiff who are no longer in the Premiership. 1 win in 210 days and some fans are calling us out wrong for wanting Pardew out.

I far as i recall there was no kicking off about Keegan, either time he left. The first time was a PLC thing, he needing to be named as manager, something along those lines and he kicked off a bit and walked. The second time was a straight forward him walking through Dennis Wise buying players Keegan had no knowledge of and then as proven in a court thingy that Llambias, Ashley, Wise and Jimenez all lied to Keegan and the Fans as a PR excerise. Keegan getting a couple million in compensation because of the lies.

You are right about there being a bit of discontent with Robson, more about how the football becoming stale and poor discipline in the squad, only after the event did we find out Freddie Shepard was interfering with player buys, bringing in players Robson didn't exactly want (Butt and Kluivert). But i think tbf Robson was nearing the end anyway, it was just Sheperd appointing Souness which was absolutely mental. A poor a manager as i've seen buying/selling player wise.

As for Saturday, if we score from a corner i'll eat a hat, a massive hat at that. A free kick is more likely, even then i'll munch a bowler hat in complete confidence it won't happen. Newcastle are it pains me to say the worst team in the league football wise, utterly awful and don't be fooled if we did play well and win Saturday, that would be a brief lull from the turd that is Pardew's Newcastle. You'll never get a better chance of winning, just attack and Newcastle will fold, score first and Pardew will be complete baffled as plan A of keeping it tight and nicking one will be balls'ed up, as usual.

I'm not trying to be downhearted or melodramatic, but if we don't get a point there, followed by a failure to win our next home game, then Pearson will have a noose around his neck. This is the Premiership, and a few bad results will have a rather precarious effect on his managerial position, and it is likely that there will be some negative rumblings going on. I hope not, and hopefully we can get a couple of decent results, but the top tier managers are in the spotlight all the time.

I'm not trying to be downhearted or melodramatic, but if we don't get a point there, followed by a failure to win our next home game, then Pearson will have a noose around his neck. This is the Premiership, and a few bad results will have a rather precarious effect on his managerial position, and it is likely that there will be some negative rumblings going on. I hope not, and hopefully we can get a couple of decent results, but the top tier managers are in the spotlight all the time.

I'm not saying you're unequivocally wrong, but if a noose goes round his neck four games after being declared the greatest living Englishman, that's a fvcking disgrace. I'd like to credit our fans with more brains, but there will be a few who try to prove otherwise.

Luckily I reckon we'll at least draw with the Toon, and I'd like to think Swansea will be positive enough that we can beat them, so hopefully a non-question...

Archived