Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bettsj2

Nugent

Nuge frustrates me as he seems to get himself into some fairly promising positions but his passes/crosses can be very hit and miss. The thing is though, he is actually getting himself into those positions, which is a positive. Hopefully the goal yesterday increases his confidence which should up the amount of successful passes and crosses he makes.

he should've scored a second towards the end too I think. he glided past a few and opened his body up but only managed to direct his shot straight at the defender. didn't get shown on motd but I'm sure it was a very very good chance.

Obviously he had a good season last year a fair few goals and assists, however there were quite a few penaltys. I think we all thought he would not score enough goals from open play.

The goal yesterday asside he has not been great this season. Neater has vardey but they have both shown glimpses of being good enough we just need it more often.

For a player who most agree struggles in this league he is doing remarkably well, Nugent is not in the team to score 20 goals he's there to link attack and midfield and like it or not we have picked up nearly all of our points up this season when he has played a key part and have lost the lion share of those in which he has been left out.

I wish more people could see it this way. Whether he has a good game or not, there's always something more about us when he's playing.

Archived