Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bettsj2

Nugent

Did loads of running around and some really effective work defensively.

Not very good on the ball, but I am starting to accept that I shouldn't expect that from him at this level.

He did little positive and most around us wanted him off by half time, I like his energy but his performances are really hard to like. We have better players in his position in the squad now, I'm not at all embarrassed to say it lol rofl whatever's

You say that but there's a direct correlation between him starting and us picking up points Carl and I find the opinion that he played badly today somewhat baffling. Not to mention I can't think of a better player we have that position, we could buy one for a pretty small amount of money and we probably should do as he's not much use at this level but give him a round of fuks today is just strange (rolfs whatevers that face that you make when Nugent plays well)

Wood is hopeless sadly. Couldn't believe there were genuine calls to have him back in the team. Now THAT is blind faith.

I think he could be alright if he just signed for a mid table Championship side and actually tried playing 90 minutes week in week out for a couple of years. There's something there but he's forever in and out of sides and on the move.

For me, his role would be suited to Lawrence perfectly.

Two good feet, can beat a man, can run with the ball and can drift and play out wide.

He works hard, but he has to, it makes up for his lack of quality. Can't remember seeing eriksen work as hard against us...or silva etc.

We need quality in this position. The work on the ball in this position is far more important than the work off it.

Two good feet, can beat a man, can run with the ball and can drift and play out wide.

He works hard, but he has to, it makes up for his lack of quality. Can't remember seeing eriksen work as hard against us...or silva etc.

We need quality in this position. The work on the ball in this position is far more important than the work off it.

Great post. To play that position, you need footballing intelligence, which Nugent has and the only other player who could play there is probably King. Look at your Silva, Mata, Oscar, Erikson , Coutinho...etc they dont seem to be in the game until the vital moments where they contribute from nowhere. Nugent last year got our most assists and goals. Granted this year he won't score as many since he has to play a deeper role in order to support the striker, but his decision making and execution in his passing make him the ideal player in the squad to play in the no.10 position.

Oh right.

Just out of interest how many Carlise, Yeovil or Rotherham games have you watched to come to that conclusion. Which one of his six goals in English league football impressed you the most?

Do people not see his contribution or just don't understand it. He always picks the right option when we are on the attack, today the assist for Mahrez being a prime example and is a calming influence when we play. On top of this, he has a good work ethic and drops in whenever he is needed to sure up the midfield. Vardy is more of a bulldog type of player who will force mistakes and rush defenders into poor clearances, but when he's in the box or in a attacking position he doesn't make the best decisions. I would like to see Vardy out wide on the left personally. For me, it's no coincidence we play better and get results when he is in the team. His footballing brain is one of the best at the clubs and you need that at this level, not just brute strength and pace. 

He doesn't always pick the right option whatsoever, in fact I was starting to lose count of the amount of times attacks broke down due to his poor decision making during his Burnley appearance alone.

I like Nuge and he's been brilliant the past couple of games but lets not get carried away and dress him up like he's something he's not.

I think he could be alright if he just signed for a mid table Championship side and actually tried playing 90 minutes week in week out for a couple of years. There's something there but he's forever in and out of sides and on the move.

There's got to be a reason for that though. I just think he's got far too many limitations to be a success at this level. He'd work well in a Championship side that will build the team around creating chances for him. Pearson's never really been one to do that.

As a side note I think we missed Vardy a fair bit against Hull. Our lack of outlet was almost embarrassing.

Chris Wood, despite his size has never been a target man, he is a finisher I want to see him play WITH Ulloa not instead of

I've no idea how you'd play them both. Wood is just a poor man's Ulloa. Ulloa is a bit of a lump himself but to be fair to the bloke he's got far better control, far better win ratio in the air and of course, far more goals. I doubt Wood would have 7 this season if he'd played Ulloa's amount of time.

that's because you just completely ignored what I said, Wood ISN'T a target man he's a finisher, he's more like Kevin Phillips then Niall Quinn he just happens to be tall

But his size makes him pretty immobile, almost static. Which, when played with Ulloa who is similar , means we'd have very little movement up top. How on earth can you want Wood anywhere near the first team, let alone in a partnership with Ulloa! Ridiculous. One of the most ridiculous things I've read on here for a while.

But his size makes him pretty immobile, almost static. Which, when played with Ulloa who is similar , means we'd have very little movement up top. How on earth can you want Wood anywhere near the first team, let alone in a partnership with Ulloa! Ridiculous. One of the most ridiculous things I've read on here for a while.

more ridiculous then continuing to do things that aren't working? Wood has as many goals as Nugent and Vardy and hasn't even had a start yet

more ridiculous then continuing to do things that aren't working? Wood has as many goals as Nugent and Vardy and hasn't even had a start yet

Nugent doesn't play a forwards role in our team so replacing him with a forward is a change in formation, I think we have better options as the midfield to forwards link man/nuisance but Wood isn't it.

Nugent doesn't play a forwards role in our team so replacing him with a forward is a change in formation, I think we have better options as the midfield to forwards link man/nuisance but Wood isn't it.

that's a fair point but until Spurs we weren't playing with that role, if we're going to stick with it great then Wood doesn't get a chance but if we go back to 2 forwards, say if we go back to the diamond then I want to see Wood get a start with Ulloa

I agree, Nugent and Vardy need to score more goals but you've ignored my point: Ulloa and Wood?! Together? Jesus

I agree, Nugent and Vardy need to score more goals but you've ignored my point: Ulloa and Wood?! Together? Jesus

They would surely be the slowest strike pairing in the Premiership? Wood has never been a Premiership striker IMO. We need to strengthen in this area, amongst many.

I was really pleased when we signed Nuge.He will always' run his socks off',a bit like Paul Dickov.

Sometimes it looks like he is a really astute player,but he will never be major goal scorer. How many did he score last season from open play?

At times this season he has played as no.10 in 2-3-1 or diamond,when Mahrez,for example, might be better suited to the role.

i allways take issue with you dickov over the merits of vardy and nugent, but you have this right,

wood and ulloa up front, what a fecking joke.

Archived