Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bettsj2

Nugent

Sorry but why is Nugent such a poor player. He has scored 51 goals in 147 games for us which is better than 1 in 3. Has any other striker over the last ten years even come close to that ratio. Fryatt scored 51 in 168 games. So the argument about him not scoring goals is absolutely ridiculous. In addition, he has played as a support striker and wrapped up so many assists from this position. In addition, he has an excellent work rate and uses the ball well. Do people just hate him because he is that good. I don't understand

Well at this level it isn't, that was his first from open play this season lol

Sorry but why is Nugent such a poor player. He has scored 51 goals in 147 games for us which is better than 1 in 3. Has any other striker over the last ten years even come close to that ratio. Fryatt scored 51 in 168 games. So the argument about him not scoring goals is absolutely ridiculous. In addition, he has played as a support striker and wrapped up so many assists from this position. In addition, he has an excellent work rate and uses the ball well. Do people just hate him because he is that good. I don't understand

Many said he would not be good enough for us in the prem....and thus far they have been proved correct.

1 goal in open play in 20 games is not good enough.

Don't give me this..."Well he plays as a support striker" nonsense. Mahrez and Schlupp play as wide men in a 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 and both play much deeper yet every single game look far more threatening going forward, and both have more goals and assists this season.

Many said he would not be good enough for us in the prem....and thus far they have been proved correct.

1 goal in open play in 20 games is not good enough.

Don't give me this..."Well he plays as a support striker" nonsense. Mahrez and Schlupp play as wide men in a 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 and both play much deeper yet every single game look far more threatening going forward, and both have more goals and assists this season.

Can you drop the 20 games thing because he's played nothing like 20 games. If your going to use statistics to back your argument up at least use them correctly

Well firstly, he has started 10 games and come on as a sub in 7. He has scored two goals and one assist. Not prolific I know, but he isn't exactly playing up front. He is playing a support striker role. Vardy hasn't exactly got a better record, WHY isn't he getting slated as much? Personally, I do not want this but it does beg the question to whether Nugent is just being made a scapegoat,

Well firstly, he has started 10 games and come on as a sub in 7. He has scored two goals and one assist. Not prolific I know, but he isn't exactly playing up front. He is playing a support striker role. Vardy hasn't exactly got a better record, WHY isn't he getting slated as much? Personally, I do not want this but it does beg the question to whether Nugent is just being made a scapegoat,

According to Grewkes Vardy has won us more points......

despite Nugent playing in nearly every game we've taking points from.

According to Grewkes Vardy has one us more points......

despite Nugent playing in nearly every game we've taking points from.

Yeah possibly I forgot how good he was in the United game, 1 goal and 4 assists it was I believe. Point was I'm not having a go at Vardy, it's just I don't get the hate for Nuge. 

Archived