Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bettsj2

Nugent

i allways take issue with you dickov over the merits of vardy and nugent, but you have this right,

wood and ulloa up front, what a fecking joke.

Merits of Vardy and Nugent at this level are yet to be confirmed. Far from it in fact! I do think Vardy can do it at this level, much like I did in his first season here, he came good the second. Maybe it'll be the same here but I appreciate we haven't got time to find out. We definitely need a striker in Jan. Not Chris Wood though.

Chris Wood, despite his size has never been a target man, he is a finisher I want to see him play WITH Ulloa not instead of

And neither is Ulloa - ulloa is a finisher, and a far better one than wood, with an added aerial threat. As we've show so far this season, we can't play two out and out finishers and expect it to work, we need someone prepared to drop deep and work the channels - it's no coincidence our best performances, and ulloa/vardys best runs of form, have come along side Nugent.

Written in the stars: a MOTM performance off the bench and an absolute worldie from our resident Everton fan.

I've said it about so many LCFC players in the recent past and present - Howard, Oakley, and King also spring to mind - us Foxes fans have an awful habit of goading players who don't score week-in, week-out when they're very clearly being picked for their other roles. The Oakley situation in particular left a sour taste for me: the fella worked his socks off in an average team, yet received the classic scapegoat tag after his long goal drought (Hereford Utd, 2009 to Crystal Palace, 2011). Yet that one goal suddenly made him a brilliant player to the fickle arsehats who the week before were slagging him off despite his other contributions, and this place was practically creaming their pants when he scored against Forest the week after, despite a loss.

Nugent's main asset is his energy, and my god he's shown it in bucketloads this year, and last, with great rewards at times and little at others. He's not a prolific goalscorer in open play, but his goading of the opposition across the pitch leads to chances for others - Mahrez' winner against Hull on Sunday, for example. Yet because he's failed to find the target himself, he's become the new scapegoat in a team which I think is fine in terms of attacking creativity. Ulloa is our main goal threat, so to see Nuge and the midfield chipping in with goals is wonderful. Hopefully Vardy will find the net himself again soon.

I've got every confidence that we can at least make a decent fight of survival, and give anyone we play a good game. I was never in doubt of Nugent's qualities - I bloody hope the Christmas period has given his detractors food for thought. I shan't hold my breath though!

:nuge: :nuge: :nuge: :nuge: :nuge: :nuge: :nuge: :nuge:

Where's Grewks then? I'll do it for him.

Yeah but itz only 1 goal he's still rbbsh shld cell him in Jan.

Almost spot on pal....

Great goal from him today.

But if your argument for keeping nugent is that he scores 1 in 20.....then we seriously have some deluded fans.

Mahrez and Schlupp deserve huge credit again. Schlupp with a good finish, and mahrez for taking about 4 players out the game before teeing up schlupp. Its such a shame these two are at the AFCON....Nuge needs to step up big time now, he owes us.

Guest LCFC_World

When he plays we play well. Don't just judge him on his work on the ball (even though in my opinion its fantastic), his off the ball work is irreplaceable. 

Another player criticised on here way too often. His goal today was sublime. And his work rate exemplary.

But once in 20 games isn't good enough Col.

Schlupp has been criticised on here for 'not having a brain' and 'not being a proffessional footballer'.....but this is his first season as a regular playing on the wing, and has 3 goals and more than 3 assists.

Mahrez another who is labelled 'wasteful' and 'inconsistent', but is at times the only quality player on either side of the field.

Nuge is far more experienced than the above 2 players, and plays in a far more advanced roles. He should assist and score more goals than them aswell, but thus far he hasn't.

My criticism of him has never been unjust, but based upon facts and statistics. Ulloa, Schlupp, Mahrez and even Vardy (who has also been poor) have won us more points this season than Nuge. But with the AFCON approaching we will now see what nugent can give us....he owes us afterall.

But once in 20 games isn't good enough Col.

Schlupp has been criticised on here for 'not having a brain' and 'not being a proffessional footballer'.....but this is his first season as a regular playing on the wing, and has 3 goals and more than 3 assists.

Mahrez another who is labelled 'wasteful' and 'inconsistent', but is at times the only quality player on either side of the field.

Nuge is far more experienced than the above 2 players, and plays in a far more advanced roles. He should assist and score more goals than them aswell, but thus far he hasn't.

My criticism of him has never been unjust, but based upon facts and statistics. Ulloa, Schlupp, Mahrez and even Vardy (who has also been poor) have won us more points this season than Nuge. But with the AFCON approaching we will now see what nugent can give us....he owes us afterall.

Only if you think that goals are all he could offer. His link play and off the ball play is what gives Vardy and Ulloa the freedom to get forward and play their best stuff in the opposing box. You're judging him on a role he's not playing, like looking at de laet or Simpsons performances in terms of crosses.

We are so much better with nugent. So, so much. Today didn't prove that as such (although his goal was a belter) but we really are.

Yeah I thought he wasn't at his best in terms of link up today. He did fine on the whole but his goal was outrageous.

Only if you think that goals are all he could offer. His link play and off the ball play is what gives Vardy and Ulloa the freedom to get forward and play their best stuff in the opposing box. You're judging him on a role he's not playing, like looking at de laet or Simpsons performances in terms of crosses.

Not true.

In his role, behind the lone striker, he needs to add goals and assists. Apart from today, he has done neither this season.

Eriksen, David Silva, Coutinho, oscar, naismith, tadic, cazorla.....just a few of the players in our league which play in a similar position to nuge.

Now of course, as a newly promoted side we don't have the quality of the other sides....But with the exception of naismith, none work as hard as nugent, but they score and assist more goals.

Nuge needs to step up now. Mahrez, schlupp and ulloa have been brilliant thus far, and they need his help.

Not true.

In his role, behind the lone striker, he needs to add goals and assists. Apart from today, he has done neither this season.

Eriksen, David Silva, Coutinho, oscar, naismith, tadic, cazorla.....just a few of the players in our league which play in a similar position to nuge.

Now of course, as a newly promoted side we don't have the quality of the other sides....But with the exception of naismith, none work as hard as nugent, but they score and assist more goals.

Nuge needs to step up now. Mahrez, schlupp and ulloa have been brilliant thus far, and they need his help.

Sorted then, just sign them all.

I'm really starting to like Nugent, I still don't think he's been good enough, but if the team hits form and he can play like this... Don't sell...

He almost scored a cracking volley a few weeks ago and today he nailed it... Just need him to start trying his luck more.

Well done Nugent.

Archived