Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bettsj2

Nugent

Nugent hasn't been too bad to be fair but I would pick Ulloa over Nugent any day. I don't understand why we haven't reverted back to the original formation which we used in the initial matches where we looked more potent going forward. I honestly believe that cambiasso is slowing our game down which isn't our style. Our players especially the wingers like Vardy and Mahrez like to use their speed but we don't seem to be doing that as much anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wondering when we're just going to play last season's team with Mahrez on the left and Knocky on the right, no cambiasso and nuge and vardy up top. we have to at least try it!

Toddybad! I totally agree with you!! I actually hope cambiasso sits out of a few games so we can see how the team cope without him. Don't get me wrong he is of a different class but I don't think he has contributed anymore than any other player in the squad. Knockaert played well when he has and Mahrez has actually been our best player going forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nugent is a strange one as there's no doubt he's made us look better when he's come on a few games but I just still don't think he's good enough..... He's yet to score in open play this season and he should of done much better with that left footer he blazed over yesterday

Yes that is Nugent in a nutshell for me

Nugent is a strange one as there's no doubt he's made us look better when he's come on a few games but I just still don't think he's good enough..... He's yet to score in open play this season and he should of done much better with that left footer he blazed over yesterday

In fairness he couldn't have done much better with the shot that Adrian saved yesterday or that half volley vs Aston Villa during his last couple of substitute appearances. I wasn't too disappointed when he blazed that left footed shot over. Partly because I was expecting it, but also because at least he got us into that position. Nobody really looked like driving us forward at all before that.

In fairness he couldn't have done much better with the shot that Adrian saved yesterday or that half volley vs Aston Villa during his last couple of substitute appearances. I wasn't too disappointed when he blazed that left footed shot over. Partly because I was expecting it, but also because at least he got us into that position. Nobody really looked like driving us forward at all before that.

Yes fair point plus he prob made that chance himself. However, his goalscoring record this season is shocking as is Vardy's.

Maybe we need to play them together again

Do people not see his contribution or just don't understand it. He always picks the right option when we are on the attack, today the assist for Mahrez being a prime example and is a calming influence when we play. On top of this, he has a good work ethic and drops in whenever he is needed to sure up the midfield. Vardy is more of a bulldog type of player who will force mistakes and rush defenders into poor clearances, but when he's in the box or in a attacking position he doesn't make the best decisions. I would like to see Vardy out wide on the left personally. For me, it's no coincidence we play better and get results when he is in the team. His footballing brain is one of the best at the clubs and you need that at this level, not just brute strength and pace. 

He was excellent today. Can't deny how much effort he put in and played his part in the goal. I thought he was unfairly criticised earlier on in the season just because he wasn't scoring but many other players weren't either. He's been doing what he did today in previous matches but because we lost those he was blamed. So today I hope he gets the praise he deserves for helping us win. I also loved that he continued running right til the final whistle and contributed to Quinn's red card. Without him pressuring Quinn he wouldn't have handballed it. And it was more than Wood did who didn't really seem to feel the occasion of the match and the situation we were in.

Ffs, his touch was awful, he broke up half of our attacks, lost every 50/50 and should have gone off, running around like a half cut Sunday league player doesn't make a good performance

Christ almighty.

He needs to be replaced by a better a player but that's embarrassing mate lol if he did nothing else you could at least give him a token bit of praise for his role in the goal.

Christ almighty.

He needs to be replaced by a better a player but that's embarrassing mate lol if he did nothing else you could at least give him a token bit of praise for his role in the goal.

He did little positive and most around us wanted him off by half time, I like his energy but his performances are really hard to like. We have better players in his position in the squad now, I'm not at all embarrassed to say it lol rofl whatever's

Hats off to Nugent. Played like he did at the start of the season - it's just a shame he doesn't look enough of a goal threat. You cannot argue with the results with him and Ulloa as the two.

Chris Wood on the other hand is not even close to being good enough for this level. Not even close.

Archived