Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The Rumour Mill is still Rolling

:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

The PA news room is full of rumours tonight that City have accepted a bid from Wigan for £2.5M for Connelly and Maybury.

Tiatto will leave to go back to Australia's new soccer league and that City will sign Riordan, Kris Boyd, Paul Hartley (Hearts) and Darren Kenton.

Rumours perhaps, but I think there is some truth somewhere in this....expect the Sunday papers to run the story.

Souns WAY over the top to me :o Anything in the Sunday Papers?

this sounds crazy!?!

there is nothing reported in "The News of the World"

I would be happy if this deal came true. What position does Paul Hartley play? if he is a defender then i really hope this transfer is true

Kenton in place of Maybs?! hmmm

Riordan and Boyd in place of Connolly? (sounds alright to me actually)

any info on Paul Hartley?

as said they will need to move quickly and it all seems far fetched. 4 new players before wednesday midnight. cant see it happening but if it does i think Connolly will go (if anything!)

I can't see us wanting to lose Maybury to be honest, but then if Stearman is going to become the regular right back, it'd be better to have someone we KNOW can play at left back than having Maybury filling in there.

I dunno... all seems a bit far fetched as a job lot whilst each deal is feasible enough in isolation.

:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

The PA news room is full of rumours tonight that City have accepted a bid from Wigan for £2.5M for Connelly and Maybury.

Tiatto will leave to go back to Australia's new soccer league and that City will sign Riordan, Kris Boyd, Paul Hartley (Hearts) and Darren Kenton.

Rumours perhaps, but I think there is some truth somewhere in this....expect the Sunday papers to run the story.

Souns WAY over the top to me :o Anything in the Sunday Papers?

It's always the same guy spouting PA "scoops". So far not one has been true so i'd ignore him!!

Firstly let me say I don't believe that guy or those rumours at all.

But, if they were true I'd happily take 2.5 for Connolly and Maybury, a profit of almost 2 million for one player (Maybury) who hasn't performed this season and another (Connolly) who can be good but only once a month, if he has the right partner for that night, and the ball is played to his feet, and the defence can't handle him, and the wind is blowing from the north etc. Plus Boyd and Riordan would be quality replacements.

Now I still don't believe the rumours are true of course, but its worrying that I'd be fine with us selling two of our 'best' players that ended last season so well. How bad are we? :ermm:

Hartley is an attacking midfielder but just signed a new deal at Hearts, some reports being that he was on £8k a week. So It's not going to happen. Don't know about players leaving but Riordan and Boyd could be a possibility with Boyd turning down Cardiff and Riordan stalling on going there also. Boyd's been linked with Rangers in the Scottish press today.

Skysports.com understand Cardiff have resurrected their move for Hibernian striker Derek Riordan.

The move seemed dead in the water earlier this week when Riordan failed to travel south for talks with Cardiff after they agreed a fee with Hibs for his services.

Hibs are willing to let Riordan leave after he rejected the club's offer of a new earlier in the summer.

Riordan was left out of the Hibs squad for Saturday's win at Rangers with Easter Road boss Tony Mowbray suggesting the player needed a few days to consider his future.

Cardiff are keen to rekindle their interest in Riordan with the transfer window due to close on Wednesday.

Bluebirds boss Dave Jones is keen to bolster his attack and has made Riordan his top target.

Jones is now ready to step up his efforts to bring Riordan to Ninian Park and is keen to try and push through a deal before the close of the window.

Archived