Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

The Hammers v City scoreline prediction..

No our style of play has really changed from the rubbish hoofball we played last year, I think we have bought in quality like Alex Song, Enner Valencia, Sakho etc along with Teddy Sherringham as attacking coach, Moving Downing up behind the front 2 has been a revelation for us, its so much better watching games this season compared to last, but the main thing is Sam has managed to keep it fairly tight at the back, we are not conceding many but scoring for fun . :thumbup:

Valencia was impressive in the world cup for sure, and Alex Song is a quality signing.  The first thing i think of when i think about your team is the POWER it has, its a physical, athletic team. Valencia, Song, Kouyate, Carroll, Sakho.

Add in the quality from wide areas that you talk about, Jenkinson, Cresswell, its no wonder youre free scoring.

They're confident (as they should be)

http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=156146

Only a true West Ham could post "We should smash these slags" .

Not confident at all, there's not a chance in hell we'll keep a clean sheet (although we somehow managed one at the Britania, in what feels like a few years ago). At best 2-2, but I fear a Swansea type performance and result from us, 2-0.

You Guys will need to really put themselves about as our supply into the box will create all sorts of problems for you all 3 up front can head a ball well and Valencia Sakho and Downing are all good on the ground and not scared to have a pop, as Downing and Valencia have shown on a few occasions this season.

Alex Song is just Quality nuff said  :thumbup:

Only a true West Ham could post "We should smash these slags" .

Not confident at all, there's not a chance in hell we'll keep a clean sheet (although we somehow managed one at the Britania, in what feels like a few years ago). At best 2-2, but I fear a Swansea type performance and result from us, 2-0.

Yup we have our numptys as well :xmasangry:

Wet Ham have got way too cocky.  They are on a decent run, but they don't have the quality to be up there for long.  A couple of slips and they will be back where they belong, fighting it out in the bottom half.  They will probably lose a player or two in January as well on this sort of form, and that wont help them.

West Ham can play as shit as they want for 90 minutes but if they can load 20-25 balls into our box with Carroll, Sahko and Valencia about then I'm finding it impossible to see how we won't concede a couple at least.

I have a feeling Hamer is going to have to a blinder for us to get anything.

You'd think they were Chelsea the way you lot are going on.  Christ, talk about talking up the opposition. They couldn't beat Sunderland at the weekend, they couldn't beat Villa, couldn't beat Hull, and they only just beat West Brom.

we couldn't beat sunderland, lost to villa, lost to west brom and will probably lose to west ham too. 

my prediction has nothing to do with how good i think west ham are, just how bad we are, especially away from home. 

we couldn't beat sunderland, lost to villa, lost to west brom and will probably lose to west ham too. 

my prediction has nothing to do with how good i think west ham are, just how bad we are, especially away from home. 

It has to turn at some point!  If we play like we did on Saturday we can win this.  COME ON!!!

It has to turn at some point!  If we play like we did on Saturday we can win this.  COME ON!!!

think it'll be a much different game to saturday. city were happy enough to keep the ball, let us sit in a deep shape knowing that eventually someone will switch off or someone will produce a moment of class and they'd be in front. 

i'd expect west ham to be constantly getting in amongst us, not content to pass it centre back to centre back for long periods. think they'll have way, way too much for us in an attacking sense, as their fan said. they're good (and not afraid) to get it down and play, attack with width and then get it in the middle whenever it's necessary. our main weaknesses? our full backs and our inability to deal with balls into the box. gulp. 

Correct John and 3 of those games were away from home only Villa was at our place and their keeper had a mad game, he was out of this world ! Man City stuffed us 4 times last season scoring 15 against us but they found a totally different team this season as did Liverpool who always stuff us !

You go ahead and underestimate our team as much as you like, facts are facts, we are having a good season (so far) and you have to come to us and try and dig out a result, all I am saying is "it wont be easy" ! :xmastongue:

Correct John and 3 of those games were away from home only Villa was at our place and their keeper had a mad game, he was out of this world ! Man City stuffed us 4 times last season scoring 15 against us but they found a totally different team this season as did Liverpool who always stuff us !

You go ahead and underestimate our team as much as you like, facts are facts, we are having a good season (so far) and you have to come to us and try and dig out a result, all I am saying is "it wont be easy" ! :xmastongue:

You are on form, no doubt about that.  Still think we can beat you though, someone will eventually, everyone slips up.  West Ham are a bit like us in that when you do slip, it is inevitably against someone you really should beat comfortably, and you can't quite work out why.  This is that game - tell your mates!  Its coming.  Oh yes.

OK tell you what I respect your point of view as a committed fan and I will come back and debate the result with you after the game ! cant say fairer than that can I? will be a fun chat I think lol

No you wont, you will be too busy wandering what the **** went wrong against such a terrible team!

Outside the main four of Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal, West Ham are the best team I've watched this season.

They have strengthened incredibly well in the summer, and now they have more goals in their side, Sakho, Valencia, Zarate, Amalfitano can all chip in with goals, as well as the likes of Carroll, Nolan and Downing. Improved their defence, by signing Jenkinson and Cresswell, while I've always rated the likes of Winston Reid and Mark Noble.

I said on the Premier League thread at the start of the season, they could well be the surprise package, wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if they get top six.

Archived