Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

The Hammers v City scoreline prediction..

This will be the game where everything goes our way. The crosses will reach our players, 50/50 decisions going our way and we will win easily. I have a bet with a guy at work that we will win by 2 goals or more.

4-1 Leicester, Ulloa 3 and a Cambiasso pen.

There;s a man who knows what he is talking about.  The laws of football mean at some point a team who are over performing meet one who are underperforming, and BOOM!  You get an upset.  This is that upset.  The start of our upward trajectory, and the start of the wheels coming off the West Ham train!

You are on form, no doubt about that.  Still think we can beat you though, someone will eventually, everyone slips up.  West Ham are a bit like us in that when you do slip, it is inevitably against someone you really should beat comfortably, and you can't quite work out why.  This is that game - tell your mates!  Its coming.  Oh yes.

WH fan coming in peace. I can assure you that a lot West Ham fans will go along with this. If a team needs a win or if we have a game that we should be favourites for on paper then invariably we will lose. There will always be irritating fans of all clubs but I feel there is a sense of us just enjoying 'not being in a relegation fight' while it lasts and any bravado is tongue-in-cheek.

Always like LCFC and really want well supported teams like you in the Premier League. Im going on Saturday and go in hope rather than expectation. 

You'd think they were Chelsea the way you lot are going on. Christ, talk about talking up the opposition. They couldn't beat Sunderland at the weekend, they couldn't beat Villa, couldn't beat Hull, and they only just beat West Brom.

No, they arent Chelsea. However, like Mourinho, Allardyce has identifed where they needed strengthening, identifed targets and signed them. They have bought a left back (Cresswell), a midfield enforcer (Song..on loan) and a couple of quality attacking players. Shame we didn't do just about exactly the same.

What they haven't done is made wholesale changes to their back line. The acquisition of Song, and the already excellent Noble has meant they haven't needed to.

Excellent business....

With seven goalless returns in 11 games I can't imagine us troubling the scorers much - especially in London. We lifted ourselves a bit for Man City but got nothing for our efforts and I reckon there'll be a comedown from that to the extent of three or four nil or, just perhaps, one cos Vardy's about due a penalty. Carroll seems certain to score - perhaps a brace - cos dangermen so often do against us. No relief just yet I'm afraid but it's only a game!        

Ok, so west ham have improved immensely over the last 12 months, but let's not forget that they themselves were shite before then and even their own fans wanted shut of big Sam, even with safety from relegation.

Their fans are probably the most fickle in the country, and yes that includes ours.

I genuinely believe this is where the worm turns.

Get at them from the off, get an early goal, and get the crowd on their backs.

People are talking about Andy frigging Carroll as if he's some bloody messiah, trust me, he's not consistent enough to make us tremble with fear.

Although we may have struggled of late we're still the same team who competed with the best teams in this division and often coming out with points to show.

The tide will turn lads.

Have and Show some fooking faith.

P.s

I have these moments lol

Ok, so west ham have improved immensely over the last 12 months, but let's not forget that they themselves were shite before then and even their own fans wanted shut of big Sam, even with safety from relegation.

Their fans are probably the most fickle in the country, and yes that includes ours.

I genuinely believe this is where the worm turns.

Get at them from the off, get an early goal, and get the crowd on their backs.

People are talking about Andy frigging Carroll as if he's some bloody messiah, trust me, he's not consistent enough to make us tremble with fear.

Although we may have struggled of late we're still the same team who competed with the best teams in this division and often coming out with points to show.

The tide will turn lads.

Have and Show some fooking faith.

P.s

I have these moments lol

Last season broke my back tbh and I dont consider myself fickle. West Ham fans have never expected success, we just want to turn up and see a bit of fight, entertainment and something to shout about... win, lose or draw. Last year more fans were turned off than when we got relegated because we were served up football with absolutely no ambition week after week. After a couple of decades of loyal attendance, last year, I really fell out of love with watching dire football and paying some of the top prices in Europe. Allardyce was also arrogantly stating that we didnt know what we were watching - as in we should pay £60 a week for one attempt on goal, not attempting to string any moves together and we should be grateful.

I feel the crowd reaction (i.e booing after a win and being vocal about the issue) shocked him and he has changed somewhat (credit to him). It really didnt matter if we won a game if I might as well have watched it on teletext.

Im glad it was heard. The owners (in their usual clumsy fashion) stated openly on the official website that Sam was directed to be more cavalier in approach and signed an attacking coach. This may have been all lip-service but there has been a marked change. And I am celebrating that change - applauding a change of philosophy and I dont feel that is fickle.

Sorry to bore you foxes, just responding to the fickle comment - key issue in footy today.

Last season broke my back tbh and I dont consider myself fickle. West Ham fans have never expected success, we just want to turn up and see a bit of fight, entertainment and something to shout about... win, lose or draw. Last year more fans were turned off than when we got relegated because we were served up football with absolutely no ambition week after week. After a couple of decades of loyal attendance, last year, I really fell out of love with watching dire football and paying some of the top prices in Europe. Allardyce was also arrogantly stating that we didnt know what we were watching - as in we should pay £60 a week for one attempt on goal, not attempting to string any moves together and we should be grateful.

I feel the crowd reaction (i.e booing after a win and being vocal about the issue) shocked him and he has changed somewhat (credit to him). It really didnt matter if we won a game if I might as well have watched it on teletext.

Im glad it was heard. The owners (in their usual clumsy fashion) stated openly on the official website that Sam was directed to be more cavalier in approach and signed an attacking coach. This may have been all lip-service but there has been a marked change. And I am celebrating that change - applauding a change of philosophy and I dont feel that is fickle.

Sorry to bore you foxes, just responding to the fickle comment - key issue in footy today.

Fair argument, but still, to boo a manager that's getting results but not doing it in the 'west ham way' was harsh.

What we would give for boring inept hoofball 1-0 results at the moment....

Anyway, what I'm saying is the first goal is imperative to us getting a positive result. If we can get the crowd frustrated hopefully that will transpire onto the pitch, but in all honesty I'm clutching at straws.

It's been tough these last few weeks and it will be again, no doubt.

Just, please not Andy Carroll with a winner.

Enough is enough......

Fair argument, but still, to boo a manager that's getting results but not doing it in the 'west ham way' was harsh.

What we would give for boring inept hoofball 1-0 results at the moment....

Anyway, what I'm saying is the first goal is imperative to us getting a positive result. If we can get the crowd frustrated hopefully that will transpire onto the pitch, but in all honesty I'm clutching at straws.

It's been tough these last few weeks and it will be again, no doubt.

Just, please not Andy Carroll with a winner.

Enough is enough......

Agree with that - still don't think we are that clinical in front of goal and if we don't score early then the crowd will be restless/ twitchy. Will be a tight game imo.

How has Cambiasso been? - me and my old man are really looking forward to seeing him at the Boleyn.

I must say, on our side, Song is the real class act (although we've missed Noble in recent games). And the two new fullbacks have made a huge difference.

Archived