Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rob1742

Blame Culture

In an ideal world, where people don't make mistakes in the heat of the moment, Pearson shouldn't have told the fan to eff off and die, even despite the relentless abuse he was getting from one nobjockey.

However fans believe they're entitled to say/do what they want because they've paid to get in. If I went to the theatre and starting abusing an actor on stage, I'd get slung out.

Yes, you're entitled to have your view, having paid to get in, but if you act like a complete bellend in doing so then IMHO you lose certain rights.

Ah, but fans get away with cursing because they're entitled to (since they think it's a service included in the ticket price)?

lol

Why are you laughing, that's not what DT said.  In all sports industries, there are mindless fools, people swear at the ref, lines man etc, they do not react...why? being professional.  But Pearson rightfully so, could not be professional and could not handle the pressure, he reacted and rightfully so, he got a cock up his arse!!

I think that's particularly unpleasant, even by your miserable standards, and completely unwarranted.

If you were to adhere to the standards of decency that you espouse, you would do the decent thing, and apologize.

DT will rather suck my balls and join ISIS then to do that!

In an ideal world, where people don't make mistakes in the heat of the moment, Pearson shouldn't have told the fan to eff off and die, even despite the relentless abuse he was getting from one nobjockey.

However fans believe they're entitled to say/do what they want because they've paid to get in. If I went to the theatre and starting abusing an actor on stage, I'd get slung out.

Yes, you're entitled to have your view, having paid to get in, but if you act like a complete bellend in doing so then IMHO you lose certain rights.

Look throughout fan culture, the fans have been allowed to say what they want to officials, etc!!  To start enforcing some sort of policy would be extremly difficult!  We can't even ffs get racism eradicated, any polict would be a night mare!!

Why are you laughing, that's not what DT said.  In all sports industries, there are mindless fools, people swear at the ref, lines man etc, they do not react...why? being professional.  But Pearson rightfully so, could not be professional and could not handle the pressure, he reacted and rightfully so, he got a cock up his arse!!

I know, it's a fine line.

Problem is that it all got recorded (by a fairweather fan ouf of all people), including the old fart's rant.

Swearing at a football match and venting your anger is one thing and I do think has its rightful place at football to a certain extent, repeatedly insulting a manager (or player) loudly, clearly and intentionally who is in your immediate vicinity is a very dumb thing to do.

Players and linesmen usually get away with and aren't so exposed to it since they're moving all the time and the individual verbal abuse is sucked up by the cauldron of noise within a stadium.

Abusing managers in such a manner has little to nothing to do with "pressure". It's a mindless turd attack coming from loudmouths with a history who know no boundaries or who show signs of mental problems (e.g. a tick).

Look throughout fan culture, the fans have been allowed to say what they want to officials, etc!!  To start enforcing some sort of policy would be extremly difficult!  We can't even ffs get racism eradicated, any polict would be a night mare!!

That's because they normally got away with it.

I know a policy is probably the wrong approach, but some kind of proactive and positive campaign could do the trick in a first step.

It made me smile when he did it. Gave the bloke stick back. Good on him. The bloke got back what he deserved.

Childishness? On a losing run you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. Interviews are utterly irrelevant. It'll be great when people realise this.

Interviews per se aren't irrelevant, as long as they add something and are insightful enough. That's an art from in itself, though.

These days, the media are usually only after quick rehashes and catchy soundbites to quote from.

It made me smile when he did it. Gave the bloke stick back. Good on him. The bloke got back what he deserved.

I agree .... If the guy abuses you then abuse him back .... No bad thing as far as I'm concerned and shows that he cares, and isn't going to pander to some thick aggressive tw*t.

By this do as you would be done by logic it would be fine for a teacher to swear at a child or a dovtor at a patient. The manager of football club is a public figure with a duty to uphold the integrity of the game and the club he represents. The teachrt or doctor would sacked but Pearson is given a slap on the wrist.

I accept football managers are rather less respected to begin with but even by the relatively low standards adhered to in football this is unacceptable.

All of which would be excusable if we were doing well (sadly) but we are not.

To be an unsuccessful manager is not a character fault but to be a foul mouthed and unsuccessful is a paticularly unappealing combination and Pearson has cornered the market

By this do as you would be done by logic it would be fine for a teacher to swear at a child or a dovtor at a patient. The manager of football club is a public figure with a duty to uphold the integrity of the game and the club he represents. The teachrt or doctor would sacked but Pearson is given a slap on the wrist.

I accept football managers are rather less respected to begin with but even by the relatively low standards adhered to in football this is unacceptable.

To be an unsuccessful manager is not a character fault but to be a foul mouthed and unsuccessful is a paticularly unappealing combination and Pearson has cornered the market

Instead of continuing to pick on the manager solely, can I please ask you to be more fair in your assessment and criticize the fan's behaviour as well as his foul and abusive language, too?

I find it quite telling that some fans have a double standard for respect, demanding immaculate comportment from public figures, whilst willfully tolerating disrespectful and lowly verbal abuse coming from themselves or amongst their close circle of friends.

Peer pressure?

Let's not beat about the bush..Pearson let his guard down and made himself look a complete tit.

So are the players with their boycott of Radio Leicester.

Fool knows what's going on at the club at present and how anyone can defend it is beyond me.

The season, this far, right from the summer, has been nothing short of a shambles, when it could have been so much better than this.

Instead of continuing to pick on the manager solely, can I please ask you to be more fair in your assessment and criticize the fan's behaviour as well as his foul and abusive language, too?

I find it quite telling that some fans have a double standard for respect, demanding immaculate comportment from public figures, whilst willfully tolerating disrespectful and lowly verbal abuse coming from themselves or amongst their close circle of friends.

Peer pressure?

Ha ha ha, is this some kind of joke my lovely

The two examples you give are of people in authority over the other person. A manager of a football team and a supporter isn't the same at all.

If I walk into a shop and start abusing the shop owner good luck to him if he abuses me back. I'm an adult, he's an adult. I was wrong and the fact that I'm a customer makes not a jot of difference.

Archived