Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rob1742

Blame Culture

It"s spelt 'there' not 'their' in the manner you are using the worst.

The reason the club has a strong infrastructure is that the Thai ownets have invested huge amounts ; Pearson has had nothing to do with it.

The Thai owners are the real difference between us and the likes of Leeds and, up to being taken over themselves, Forest.That is why were promoted, we spent more than almost every other Championship Club. Burnley were the over achievers because they happen to have a talented manager which is why they are making a fight of it now; their manager actually does have a plan.

What do you suppose is in the mysterious plan Pearson has? I suspect it amounts to, lets spend some Thai money and hope it's enough to save us. Pearson appears like a decent but unremarkable coach, with a poor attitude. He is hardly being head hunted by the top clubs.The Thai owners believe he needed a fair go at things but it now seems he is struggling to cope and we all need to move on.

The squad Pearson put together that got us promoted cost about as much as the Burnley team (a team it has to be said mostly constructed by Eddie Howe), less that the forest team, actually less than most of the division. Pearson is not Sven, he was not given an open book on signings and has done a lot to cut back. Getting the more expensive signings off the books and replacing them with cheaper alternatives. 

To say he's done nothing for the infrastructure is also nonsense. The background setup we have (that Pearson setup) is one of the most widely respected around. If you don't believe that then feel free to scout about on twitter and message the sports science departments, analysts, scouting departments at other clubs and see what their opinion is.

If you don't think this season is good enough, then fine. But to run down his other achievements with rather poorly thought out or researched makes you look some what foolish.  Perhaps you should have signed up to tell us all this when we were say on 102 points breaking every record in the book.

Blame Leicester. Blame a journeyman. Blame a corner. Blame a freekick. Blame a ****ing big transfer, blame watching matches at home, cops, Cambiasso's dreadful corners, and Esteban's terrible contact options. Blame Jeff Schlupp, low chances and denied infringements. Blame fixed-international breaks. Blame a striker's header. Blame your fans. Blame leisure wear and moaning lads. Blame a three man midfield or an aging Argentian with a range of ****ing passes. Blame Konchesky and wondering who the **** he was passing to on a Saturday afternoon. Blame sitting on that couch listening to mind-numbing spirit-crushing sandwich stories, stuffing ****ing Piri Piri Paulos Sousa pies into your mouth. Blame rotting away at the end the league, pishing your last next to chavy kids who are nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, ****ed-up brats you have spawned to replace yourself. Blame your fixtures. Blame Thai's . . . But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to blame Pearson: I blame something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got internet message boards?

That does tend to infer that he is a coward. 

If he was a coward, he'd have walked after the Watford playoff game.

If he was a coward, he wouldn't have got Southampton and Carlisle out of relegation trouble.

In fact on the latter, if he was a coward he wouldn't as a complete novice take a managerial job at bottom of the football league Carlisle and attempt to keep them up. 

Pearson is many things but certainly not a coward. 

The case for Pearson's defence seems to be isn't experienced at this level so we can't expect him to be any good. Which manager gets a bedding in season? I can't think of a single case of a manager who was given a relegation season for free and went on to great success. Can anyone else?

The other defence was that critics are being fickle and impatient for calling for his head. If we were 17th and our form was indifferent I would tend to agree but we are bottom and face the prospect of our worst season in the top flight in our history. Then our manager refuses to speak to the local media because he doesn't like him very much. Since when did managers have the right to decide which reporters they speak to?

Is this fickle? I rather think it is not.

The case for Pearson's defence seems to be isn't experienced at this level so we can't expect him to be any good. Which manager gets a bedding in season? I can't think of a single case of a manager who was given a relegation season for free and went on to great success. Can anyone else?

The other defence was that critics are being fickle and impatient for calling for his head. If we were 17th and our form was indifferent I would tend to agree but we are bottom and face the prospect of our worst season in the top flight in our history. Then our manager refuses to speak to the local media because he doesn't like him very much. Since when did managers have the right to decide which reporters they speak to?

Well, which other unproven PL managers were given a season or more upon promotion to the Premier League? We might as well set a precedent here. Oh no, there was Micky Adams.

Define what "great success" means to you and how you see us accomplishing that and in which space of time.

Pearson hasn't refused talking to the local media or else you wouldn't read anything from him in the Mercury.

"Since when did managers have the right to decide which reporters they speak to"? Well, like since forever.

Since when do radio show hosts have the right to insinuate unrest and ask bland and sensationalist questions, all of which whilst conveniently working for the biggest broadcasting corporation (or at least the most respected) in the world?

Are you being fickle? I'd say so.

our manager refuses to speak to the local media because he doesn't like him very much. Since when did managers have the right to decide which reporters they speak to?

Clubs, rightly or wrongly, are allowed to deny access to anyone on their premises.

Pearson DOES speak to the local media - Mercury, EMT etc - and he's willing to talk to RL... just not one of their staff and he's well within his rights if he feels he has good grounds. If RL decide not to provide another reporter to ask questions then that's up to them. But if they publicly say "Pearson won't talk to us" then that's not true.

I'm getting a bit sick of the 'we're simply not good enough' line. We were good enough to get into this league and we should have made a better fist of it, so of course the players and manager will get blamed. They've fvcked up. 2 points from 36 is shocking in any league from any team. Too late now though, innit. So we might as well keep singing "one Nigel Pearson" as we sink back down and try it all over again in mid August....

Second post in the thread and I don't need to read anymore replies. Bovril has it spot on, there is no defending this pathetic attempt at staying in the Premiership. They have quite simply, fvcked up.

Pearson refuses to speak to the main RL football reporter and this is fine? He has the legal right to do this but everyone else has the legal right to draw the conclusion he is afraid, or to use the local venacular-he's gone mardy

Afraid? hahahaha - you're kidding right? A bit mardy, possibly, but not afraid. 100% not afraid !! Are you also suggesting the players, who've collectively boycotted RL, are afraid of IS too?  lol

Afraid? hahahaha - you're kidding right? A bit mardy, possibly, but not afraid. 100% not afraid !! Are you also suggesting the players, who've collectively boycotted RL, are afraid of IS too?  lol

They are probably fed up of him pestering their families on twitter.

Alan Curbishley at Charlton, Joe Royle at Man City, Graham Taylor at Watford. It's rarer now because managers aren't given a chance to rectify things.

I assume you've missed Pardew, Ferguson, Allardyce, Mourinho refusing to speak to the media in the past.

Graham Taylor? Hardly a defence. I was thinking of the present century but if you must trawl the archives Alan Curbishly managed a small club brilliantly when expectations were so low the fans were grateful for any time in the top flight. Not the case with us I sincerely hope.

It is true that a few managers have tried the approch of ignoring the media but you can only get away with it if you have a wonderful recod of success.Nigel Pearson is most certainly no Jose Morinho

Graham Taylor? Hardly a defence. I was thinking of the present century but if you must trawl the archives Alan Curbishly managed a small club brilliantly when expectations were so low the fans were grateful for any time in the top flight. Not the case with us I sincerely hope.

It is true that a few managers have tried the approch of ignoring the media but you can only get away with it if you have a wonderful recod of success.Nigel Pearson is most certainly no Jose Morinho

Alan Curbishley managed to finish 7th with the small club, higher than O'Neill managed with our huge institution.

I wondered when you'd throw out the wonderful record line, Pearson has an issue with one person and refuses to speak with him. Nothing to do with his record of success, it's another stick to beat a struggling manager with. 

Pearson refuses to speak to the main RL football reporter and this is fine? He has the legal right to do this but everyone else has the legal right to draw the conclusion he is afraid, or to use the local venacular-he's gone mardy

Mardy? Maybe.

Afraid? Yeah, right. There have been many instances in the past where he stood his ground firmly when confronted by Stringer.

All he's doing is following the same line as his players. Which is being supportive.

And yet if someone hadn't recorded it we probably wouldn't know exactly what happened. It was a regrettable incident provoked by a fan and has been dealt with. Pearson is accused of having no passion or fight, he shows some and it's still wrong.

No there's nothing wrong with telling someone to "**** off, and die" Managers do it all the time. It's all perfectly hunky dorey.

If this is your idea of "passion or fight", then there is one bloody great question mark over your lack of decency. You're probably off to  show some of it tonight, when you find an old lady, frail enough to mug.

No there's nothing wrong with telling someone to "**** off, and die" Managers do it all the time. It's all perfectly hunky dorey.

If this is your idea of "passion or fight", then there is one bloody great question mark over your lack of decency. You're probably off to  show some of it tonight, when you find an old lady, frail enough to mug.

Yeah, saying fvck off and die to someone being abusive and believing it's not the worst thing in the world means I plan to mug frail old ladies. Great connection there.

You really are an odious twat.

Ah, but fans get away with cursing because they're entitled to (since they think it's a service included in the ticket price)?

lol

Yeah, saying fvck off and die to someone being abusive and believing it's not the worst thing in the world means I plan to mug frail old ladies. Great connection there.

You really are an odious twat.

Oh dear, poor little chap! Have we hit a nerve? Sorry sonny.

Here's hoping Santa brings you some nice toys to play with.

If this is your idea of "passion or fight", then there is one bloody great question mark over your lack of decency. You're probably off to show some of it tonight, when you find an old lady, frail enough to mug.

I think that's particularly unpleasant, even by your miserable standards, and completely unwarranted.

If you were to adhere to the standards of decency that you espouse, you would do the decent thing, and apologize.

Archived