Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rob1742

Blame Culture

The classic ad hominem response, attack the person rather the argument. This was whar Pearson did with the fan in the crowd, hurl abuse at him. Then you claim that the BBC have an agenda against Pearson. Infamy, infamy, they've all got it infamy!

You talk of my 'luck' , presumably in reference to the O Neil years but I was also referring to the Bloomfield years in thr 70s and a 3 yearbperiod in the 80s when we held our own in the top flight. Also, before my time you will find we got to three FA Cup finals and onevseason finished in the top four

You have affected by only watching us during what has been in statistical terms the worst period in our '100 +' years and think that is the norm. It isn't and never was but more importantly the Thai owners have no intention of it being so.

Please, you sound like a reasonable and articulate supporter, consider the possibility that you are aiming too low and we are capable of more. Nigel Pearson is not Leicester through and through and he willget a huge payout when he goes. He won't suffer but the fans and it's supporters will. Radio Leicestet are not part of a conspiracy, they are just doing what a publically funded broadcaster had to do and the majority of us want them to do which is hold the manager and players to account.Of course some of don't want to face the local media either, a new manager would replace many of them.

It is possible that Pearson will stay and get us out of this dire situation but it is far more likely that we will go down and if we do, the chances are we will stay down for many years. Just look at the bottom three in the Championship to see what our fate might be then.

This is the problem with the older fans such as yourself, you have seen success in the past and assume that we are somehow deserving of being in the Premier League every season because we are Leicester City. What you fail to realise nowadays is that their are about 50 clubs that all feel the same spread across the leagues. You think teams such as Leeds and Forest consider themselves Championship clubs, or Sheffield United in league 1, or Pompey in league 2?  The very fact that we are in the Premier League is a success as the majority of us haven't seen Leicester City grace this league for any substantial period. This is why us younger generation are more patient when it comes to Pearson, because he is the man who has brought us the only success of our generation bar 1 Adams season. It's not through blind faith, or lack of ambition, but the fact that we have seen 10 years of shit brought about through a revolving door system where as soon as something goes the manager is given the boot. 

This is the only time in a long time we have actually had a strategic plan to develop as a football club both on the pitch and be secure financially through investing time in young players who I believe will adapt to the Premier League. At the minute they have been unable to adapt, and we look like we are destined for relegation. But what's the point in panicking now and completely ripping apart what we have built for 3 years to get us to this very point? I'm sure Pearson has learnt alot about his players in the last 3 months of who will and will not be good enough and invest accordingly but sensibly in January to attempt to rectify the situation.

And the drivel you spout about Radio Leicester is complete garbage. You say 'most fans' are happy with the job Radio Leicester do when in fact almost everyone on here has been supportive of Pearson and his players in their boycott. Geoff Peters has already explained their was something that Stringer/Bourne did to warrant the blanking from the staff, and being an objective professional himself I will take his word over yours.

The classic ad hominem response, attack the person rather the argument. This was whar Pearson did with the fan in the crowd, hurl abuse at him. Then you claim that the BBC have an agenda against Pearson. Infamy, infamy, they've all got it infamy!

You talk of my 'luck' , presumably in reference to the O Neil years but I was also referring to the Bloomfield years in thr 70s and a 3 yearbperiod in the 80s when we held our own in the top flight. Also, before my time you will find we got to three FA Cup finals and onevseason finished in the top four

You have affected by only watching us during what has been in statistical terms the worst period in our '100 +' years and think that is the norm. It isn't and never was but more importantly the Thai owners have no intention of it being so.

Please, you sound like a reasonable and articulate supporter, consider the possibility that you are aiming too low and we are capable of more. Nigel Pearson is not Leicester through and through and he willget a huge payout when he goes. He won't suffer but the fans and it's supporters will. Radio Leicestet are not part of a conspiracy, they are just doing what a publically funded broadcaster had to do and the majority of us want them to do which is hold the manager and players to account.Of course some of don't want to face the local media either, a new manager would replace many of them.

It is possible that Pearson will stay and get us out of this dire situation but it is far more likely that we will go down and if we do, the chances are we will stay down for many years. Just look at the bottom three in the Championship to see what our fate might be then.

Problem is, the fan didn't have an argument, he was looking for one. So your whole case in favour of somebody who is in your age bracket completely falls apart.

I never said BBC Radio Leicester had an "agenda" against the manager or are part of a conspiracy, only that the coverage by Stringer has been biased ever since he clashed with Pearson and even his sidekick Bourne is now sucking up to that lowly standard of reporting.

The majority of fans don't listen to Stringer on Mondays, for instance. He caters to a specific audience - the easily depressed, the angry, the fickle fan base.

I still don't know how the BBC are still tolerating that behaviour within, it is beyond me. Surely some kind of internal investigation must be in process.

You may call my outlook "aiming too low", I may as well call yours "expecting too much". Then again, given your experience and the successes you've been lucky to witness, that comes as no surprise.

What you do or don't do in previous years, is completely irrelevant the reality is we are bottom and showing that we are not capable of stepping up to this league, our results prove that beyond doubt.....what we do about it is up to the owners, my personal belief is that Pearson has taken us as far as he can, he cannot buy a win and soon we will be into the second half of the Season...again it is up to the powers that be.

Please also bear in mind to that the older supporters me being one of then have been waiting a long time for this season in the sun and do not want us relegated ignominiously, there is a probability that the UNITED RESULT people started to be a bit headstrong but even that match showed our flaws and a match that we could have lost quite easily, I believe we lost a lot of confidence over our match with Burnley conceding a late equaliser that has knocked us back and we have had little confidence left as a result of it which has left on this dismal run since

It"s spelt 'there' not 'their' in the manner you are using the worst.

The reason the club has a strong infrastructure is that the Thai ownets have invested huge amounts ; Pearson has had nothing to do with it.

The Thai owners are the real difference between us and the likes of Leeds and, up to being taken over themselves, Forest.That is why were promoted, we spent more than almost every other Championship Club. Burnley were the over achievers because they happen to have a talented manager which is why they are making a fight of it now; their manager actually does have a plan.

What do you suppose is in the mysterious plan Pearson has? I suspect it amounts to, lets spend some Thai money and hope it's enough to save us. Pearson appears like a decent but unremarkable coach, with a poor attitude. He is hardly being head hunted by the top clubs.The Thai owners believe he needed a fair go at things but it now seems he is struggling to cope and we all need to move on.

It"s spelt 'there' not 'their' in the manner you are using the worst.

The reason the club has a strong infrastructure is that the Thai ownets have invested huge amounts ; Pearson has had nothing to do with it.

The Thai owners are the real difference between us and the likes of Leeds and, up to being taken over themselves, Forest.That is why were promoted, we spent more than almost every other Championship Club. Burnley were the over achievers because they happen to have a talented manager which is why they are making a fight of it now; their manager actually does have a plan.

What do you suppose is in the mysterious plan Pearson has? I suspect it amounts to, lets spend some Thai money and hope it's enough to save us. Pearson appears like a decent but unremarkable coach, with a poor attitude. He is hardly being head hunted by the top clubs.The Thai owners believe he needed a fair go at things but it now seems he is struggling to cope and we all need to move on.

Firstly, Pearson does have a bland media personality. But that's not how he really is. Maybe you want to see past what you conceive to be the person you dislike.

Why does Pearson need to be headhunted by top clubs? What kind of an argument is that? We all knew before the first ball was played in our first PL season in ten years that he had no top-flight credentials to his name whatsoever.

Besides, all the other clubs are currently holding firmly onto their managers (with a few exceptions). Maybe it's because they've realized sacking managers won't do the immediate trick - so far this season, we've only seen one (!) manager getting axed (in the Championship).

So something tells me management teams in general have seemingly gotten a bit smarter over the years and are no longer willing to sacrifice long-term success for short-term glory.

Firstly, Pearson does have a bland media personality. But that's not how he really is. Maybe you want to see past what you conceive to be the person you dislike.

Why does Pearson need to be headhunted by top clubs? What kind of an argument is that? We all knew before the first ball was played in our first PL season in ten years that he had no top-flight credentials to his name whatsoever.

Besides, all the other clubs are currently holding firmly onto their managers (with a few exceptions). Maybe it's because they've realized sacking managers won't do the immediate trick - so far this season, we've only seen one (!) manager getting axed (in the Championship).

So something tells me management teams in general have seemingly gotten a bit smarter over the years and are no longer willing to sacrifice long-term success for short-term glory.

I agree with Mr Weller, Pearson is bland as Fook, uncharasmatic piece of turd. Who is not intelligent to handle the media or the fans.

Once again you make the error of creating a false choice; it isn't a matter of either always keeping your manager or sacking managers left, right and centre.

The real choices are in between these extremes. I agee the Mandaric sack em quick approach was unhelpful but so is continuing to keep faith in the face of strong evidence. Pearson has had three years to build this team and while he had only had three months in the Prem things look truely awful and there are no signs we are getting better.

My point is that things can be better; Pearson is a long way from the best managet we have ever had or even the best available at the moment. All the evidence suggests he is really struggling at this level and has no vision or plan to turn it round.That is why he has turned his back on the local media; he has nothing to say beyond ' keep hoping' and the media have a right to ask difficult questions. There is conspiracy for goodness sake, and he now comes across like the child at school who complains that the teacher is 'always pivking on me' after he has done something wrong.

You really think he's being a coward for not speaking to RL? You really think he's hiding from IS's interviews? Hahaha.

He speaks to the Leicester Mercury, the national press / broadcasters and answers all the difficult questions, often with quite refreshing honesty and sometimes even with a great deal of charm. And that speaks volumes about the situation.

Let's not forget it was the players who boycotted a certain broadcaster - this was their collective decision; not a decision foisted upon them by manager or the LCFC media team. Once the management team looked into what went on (the gesture which angered the players) and uncovered some other things, then they joined the players in the boycott. 

Plenty are at fault this season for the on field disaster - management, players etc - and they of course rightly deserve criticism for that; but not speaking to one person/station is (IMHO) not a reasonable stick to beat the manager with.

Stringer is an embarrassment to the BBC and I'm glad NP and the Players have taken a stand against his pathetic school boy opinions and total lack of professionalism.

However .... Not everyone reads FT / knows why they are not taking to RL. So it will be taken by many as a snub and an arrogant snub at that ... Always helped by selecting the regular callers who will say exactly that after a game.

NP may well end up the loser from his (IMHO justified) exile from RL (unless someone at the BBC has the sense / balls to sack Stringer).

You also appear to believe that a manager should behave like the worst behaved supporter. He is supposed to in charge, but uses the language of the gutter. He is a representative of the club including young people who support it, a public figure who is reported far and wide. I have a belief that we all have a right to expect better.

And yet if someone hadn't recorded it we probably wouldn't know exactly what happened. It was a regrettable incident provoked by a fan and has been dealt with. Pearson is accused of having no passion or fight, he shows some and it's still wrong.

Stringer is an embarrassment to the BBC and I'm glad NP and the Players have taken a stand against his pathetic school boy opinions and total lack of professionalism.

However .... Not everyone reads FT / knows why they are not taking to RL. So it will be taken by many as a snub and an arrogant snub at that ... Always helped by selecting the regular callers who will say exactly that after a game.

NP may well end up the loser from his (IMHO justified) exile from RL (unless someone at the BBC has the sense / balls to sack Stringer).

Apologies but I've missed why they aren't talking to stringer. Can you update me please

Once again you make the error of creating a false choice; it isn't a matter of either always keeping your manager or sacking managers left, right and centre.

The real choices are in between these extremes. I agee the Mandaric sack em quick approach was unhelpful but so is continuing to keep faith in the face of strong evidence. Pearson has had three years to build this team and while he had only had three months in the Prem things look truely awful and there are no signs we are getting better.

My point is that things can be better; Pearson is a long way from the best managet we have ever had or even the best available at the moment. All the evidence suggests he is really struggling at this level and has no vision or plan to turn it round.That is why he has turned his back on the local media; he has nothing to say beyond ' keep hoping' and the media have a right to ask difficult questions. There is conspiracy for goodness sake, and he now comes across like the child at school who complains that the teacher is 'always pivking on me' after he has done something wrong.

They weren't really three years, were they? In between, he left and came back and parts of the squad he had worked with were no longer here. Then he, alongside the management team, had to get rid of the high earners amassed under Eriksson.

Four months into our first season back in the Premier League for ten years people are already calling for his head. The type of impatience and the fickleness of some (many of them supposedly older and wiser fans) is baffling.

Pearson isn't a Premier League manager because he's never fully managed at this level - he is still finding into it. But we all knew that beforehand and I didn't hear a lot of concerning voices in the summer the way I'm hearing them right now.

Either you give him the benefit of the doubt and the confidence or you stand firmly in your fight against him - even though a big part of the criticism is aimed at his media persona. Which is laughable. Managers don't have to be likeable in public, likeability doesn't equal success.

Keep on banging about your "conspiracy", even though it's a daft theory with no evidence to back it up.

Besides, it was the players who unanimously decided to avoid contact with Stringer and Bourne, Pearson followed after.

Apologies but I've missed why they aren't talking to stringer. Can you update me please

I think there was an incident that I also don't know the details of .... But specific incident or not, Stringer has been inviting calls into the show for "should Nigel stay", and when the second went in about 6 weeks ago he shouted is that it for Nigel Pearson .... he just seems to really want the guy to get sacked and his questioning post matches are all about getting a reaction to whether he'll get sacked and not the game.

Most fans liked NP's no nonsense stand offish approach,if we win he didnt get too excited,if we lost he kept things in check.

Now though he is a boring,lifeless turd...Dont you just love football!!

NP may well end up the loser from his (IMHO justified) exile from RL 

For clarification, NP is not refusing to speak to Radio Leicester. He's just refusing to speak to Ian Stringer who he has always has a strained relationship with. The manager doesn't have a problem with anyone else asking the questions from RL. From what I gather, NP doesn't understand why RL are saying publicly he won't speak to them. He will - just not to IS.

The players however are refusing to speak to the station, and that is down to things they feel IS has done ie the "gesture" and other bits n pieces.

For clarification, NP is not refusing to speak to Radio Leicester. He's just refusing to speak to Ian Stringer who he has always has a strained relationship with. The manager doesn't have a problem with anyone else asking the questions from RL. From what I gather, NP doesn't understand why RL are saying publicly he won't speak to them. He will - just not to IS.

The players however are refusing to speak to the station, and that is down to things they feel IS has done ie the "gesture" and other bits n pieces.

Difficult situation that ... to get that message out from NP.

Could the Mercury make that clear on behalf of Pearson, an interview perhaps that asks the question why he isn't talking to the radio so he can answer it??

Rob, Pearson had 8 months to plan for this season. He knew last Christmas that we had a very good chance of being in this league and it was confirmed early April waasnt it? His contract was up in the summer along with a lot of squad.

How did Pearson prepare us? By giving Gary Taylor-Fletcher another contract. That's how!

We have never gone up with money behind us before. We were the new kids on the block in the summer going places. I honestly believe and I bet you do too that the owners would've backed Pearson 100% and given him whatever money he would've asked for.

Why do you think he spent little money? Its because the type of footballers that keep clean sheets, create goals, score goals and win games in the Premier League are big time Charlies, players with egos and millionaire footballers. These are the type of footballers that Pearson cant manage, hence the lack of summer transfer activity.

Nor can he get an extra 10% out of the squad now that would turn a close game against Man City and no strikers into a draw and leads against average teams like QPR, Liverpool and Villa into wins.

Pearson is the man remember who played Harry Kane out wide.

Its Pearson who is holding the ambitious owners back.

You would think that Pearson would be a man, admit hes out of his depth and front up and walk away to give LEICESTER CITY the best chance of staying up this season.

He wont do that. Hes a coward.

For all the Thais wealth they appear not to have contacts in football and don't know how to sack and appoint a manager. They need someone smarter than the Birch to advise them.

Get rid of Pearson now.

PEARSON OUT.

Great post that is spot on. We all know that Pearson doesn't have the courage to admit he has made massive mistakes. That does tend to infer that he is a coward. He has learn't nothing from his mistakes, his motivation level stinks, and he has run out of ideas, as to how to fix the problems. His formations have been incredibly naive, his tactics all over the place, and his frustration clearly visible to all. The guy is shell shocked, to all intents and purposes, and his morale desiccated. 

Thanks for last season, but it's time to go.

Thanks for the info Geoff. If this is common knowledge then surely the Radio Leicester bosses would just send Jason Bourne to do the interview/tell Stringer to issue a grovelling apology as they are missing out? Of course I would rather they give Ian the boot completely but is unlikely to happen.

I'm not sure why the Mercury would want to get involved in something which doesn't directly affect them, Waller.

No. Guess not .... other than to help NP a bit. But it would just be awkward on other levels I suppose.

Shame - because it annoys me listening to IS talk about the fact they can't talk to the manager like he's confused why.

Thanks for the info Geoff. If this is common knowledge then surely the Radio Leicester bosses would just send Jason Bourne to do the interview/tell Stringer to issue a grovelling apology as they are missing out? Of course I would rather they give Ian the boot completely but is unlikely to happen.

You'd think so wouldn't you.

RL were told that the players wouldn't speak to the station because of IS but the manager would speak to RL, just not IS. The club are a bit baffled as to why they didn't get someone else to do the post match interview and equally baffled why RL announced that NP wouldn't speak to them, when he would. 

We're not good enough, yet we managed to finish on more points than QPR and Burnley last season.

Can anyone explain why they have both settled into the premiership better than us when we where clearly better than them last year?

QPR have players fit now, and their signing have been excellent, compared to the amount of dross we brought in. 

Burnley have shown a lot of guts this season, and we have not.

Archived