Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Robert Huth - signs (Official)

Only one at the back who looks a premier league player.

He's played more often in the Premier League in the past five years than Upson, Wasilewski and Morgan combined - not that that's any difficult. And he's at a great age for a central defender.

Upson's just gotten back from a lengthy spell on the sidelines and it remains to be seen whether he can rediscover the form he displayed at Brighton.

Morgan's been pretty much found out in the Premier League. What good are blocks for when you're still susceptible to embarrassing errors in the back, faulty positioning and a lack of awareness in the box?

Wasilewski's probably the biggest revelation so far. Seems to enjoy the challenge against the big boys and has remained surprisingly red card-free.

I'd love to see a back four of Konchesky (for the lack of alternatives) - Huth - Wasilewski - Simpson for home games, and a central three with Huth, Wasilewski and Upson for away games, should Pearson stick to the 5-4-1.

He's played more often in the past five years than Upson, Wasilewski and Morgan combined - not that that's any difficult. And he's at a great age for a central defender.

Upson's just gotten back from a lengthy spell on the sidelines and it remains to be seen whether he can rediscover the form he displayed at Brighton.

Morgan's been pretty much found out in the Premier League. What good are blocks for when you're still susceptible to embarrassing errors in the back, faulty positioning and a lack of awareness in the box?

Wasilewski's probably the biggest revelation so far. Seems to enjoy the challenge against the big boys and has remained surprisingly red card-free.

I'd love to see a back four of Konchesky (for the lack of alternatives) - Huth - Wasilewski - Simpson for home games, and a central three with Huth, Wasilewski and Upson for away games, should Pearson stick to the 5-4-1.

I really can't see NIgel dropping Wes but I agree with your back 4 (maybe RDL for Simpson). To be fair to Wes, he did improve throughout the game after a pretty shocking start. Upson is clearly rusty and I slightly worry about him not having the strength or pace but you can see he reads the game well, is good in the air and can actually play it out.

More interesting is what the back four will look like next season. Will Was stay? Will Huth sign permanently?

• 1 year later...

He's been colossal. Possibly the finest signing in our history and that includes Mahrez and Vardy. The effect he's had on Morgan too, unbelievable. That back four is outrageously good.

Since Huth joined us I think we've only lost 6 games over 50 games. Not bad at all

Nah think we lost a few when he first arrived.

Can't disagree that he may well be the most important signing in the club's history though.

Nah think we lost a few when he first arrived.

Can't disagree that he may well be the most important signing in the club's history though.

6 league games in 50 as far as i can figure out. First game he played being a 2-1 loss to Arsenal 11 feb 2015

lol

The usual 'express some reservations' and BANG...the flock are on ya!

I was excited with the signing of Kramaric..and remain so.

I've also heard this morning that Jack Cork has been linked with Swansea..again, a player I'd like at City.

Aaron Lennon would be good for us also, IMO. But my first reaction at Huth was one of surprise really.

I suggest if he was being linked with other clubs around us, no-one would bat an eyelid. Or possibly even laff, a little.

We'll see.

Yep, yep we did see lol

Archived