Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Robert Huth - signs (Official)

Am I not the only one who thinks that's harsh?

DD and Kram fecked up for the first and the defence played their man offside. Not his fault the official can't do his job.

The own goal he didn't even see the ball coming did he, so what's he meant to do?

What sort of a CB crouches down in the penalty area when the ball is coming in? He might as well have wheeled off celebrating lol If he'd have not crouched down that ball would not have gone in the back of the net.

C'mon! It was a pretty close run thing. If RVP was half a yard further back he'd have still out-paced Wes and scored the goal. The fact remains that the opportunity was there because of Wes' positioning. 

So what do you think of Was on the second goal? He was behind  / inline in Wes and charged forward leaving a gap down that side. If he hadn't charged so far out to the man wouldn't have left Wes on his own and a gaping hole down the left hand side.

So Wes is at fault for playing RVP onside... even though he was clearly offside. I really think you are stretching that one a little bit.

Not really ... the official gave it onside and the goal stood ... If wes had been in line with the rest of the back 4 (which there is no excuse why he wasn't) then there would have been no room for the official to make a tight decision wrongly.

So what do you think of Was on the second goal? He was behind  / inline in Wes and charged forward leaving a gap down that side. If he hadn't charged so far out to the man wouldn't have left Wes on his own and a gaping hole down the left hand side.

Someone had to make the challenge. You can level criticism at him for failing to win the ball in the challenge and that would be fair enough, but there's nothing wrong with trying to win the ball. It's up to the rest of the defence then to hold a high line. Wes chose to sprint back which left us vulnerable. You have to play percentages, and Wes chose the small percentage chance that he would get back and make the tackle, where he'd have been better served stepping up and attempting to play them offside. 

It's fundamental defending. You can't have one player sitting deeper than the rest of the defence. Maybe he's overcompensating for how slow he is on the turn. Whatever it is, it's costing us goals.

Goal here goal there...ffs this post is about new signing Huth, not Saturdays loss, which is totally irrelevant, to any goals given

away.Huth like all defenders and other players around the pitch, make mistakes, its no use trying to compare 1 against another.

If wes had been in line with the rest of the back 4 (which there is no excuse why he wasn't) then there would have been no room for the official to make a tight decision wrongly.

Of course there would, the last 10 posts have been telling me how brilliant RVP is and that he knew what he was doing, If Wes hadn't been there and had been in line then I'm going to presume that RVP would also be, meaning he could still play on the shoulder, he could still out pace Wes (I'm told that's what he'd do to Wes even if he was inline) and the linesman could still have given a wrong decision.

These conversations about whether it's Wes at fault for playing him onside etc actually just confirm a different weakness.

He's the centre half and captain of the side ... and yet just doesn't appear to influence others around him .... can you imagine Tony Adams not being in-line?? No .... because he told everyone where the line was ... it was where he was!!!!

Of course there would, the last 10 posts have been telling me how brilliant RVP is and that he knew what he was doing, If Wes hadn't been there and had been in line then I'm going to presume that RVP would also be, meaning he could still play on the shoulder, he could still out pace Wes (I'm told that's what he'd do to Wes even if he was inline) and the linesman could still have given a wrong decision.

But if he'd outpaced Wes in that position then all four defenders and RVP are starting at the same line ..., which means that one of the other defenders stands a chance of catching him as well ..... Wes playing deeper means only wes can catch him.

As well as the fact that if he is inline play is 5 yards further away from goal, the linesman has an easier decision to make and RVP has a harder time to read the line because he is looking for the last man across that line and not just knowing that it will always be Wes and sticking to him.

Wes is one of those defenders who like to see what's in front of them and attack the Ball.  He's a big man and so needs 1/2 second longer to move. Forwards nearly always have the advantage in that they don't have to turn, Which is why at least one CB needs to be quick. 

Like many of you I think WAS and HUTH should be our pairing. Moore should be let out on loan to gain more experience.

But if he'd outpaced Wes in that position then all four defenders and RVP are starting at the same line ..., which means that one of the other defenders stands a chance of catching him as well ..... Wes playing deeper means only wes can catch him.

The point you made was about an official not being able to make a wrong decision if Wes had been in line, clearly they can still make bad decisions if they are all still in line.

These conversations about whether it's Wes at fault for playing him onside etc actually just confirm a different weakness.

He's the centre half and captain of the side ... and yet just doesn't appear to influence others around him .... can you imagine Tony Adams not being in-line?? No .... because he told everyone where the line was ... it was where he was!!!!

Perhaps he called the line and everyone else didn't stick to it!!! :D

The point you made was about an official not being able to make a wrong decision if Wes had been in line, clearly they can still make bad decisions if they are all still in line.

I was making the point that Wes was at fault for the goal actually ....because he played RVP onside..... whether the linesman made a bad decision or not, if Wes had been inline, where he should have been, then that goal wouldn't have happened.

Perhaps he called the line and everyone else didn't stick to it!!! :D

Whilst I appreciate this is tongue in cheek .... It'd be even more worrying if that happened!!!!

Back to the signing...Will he be fit, plus he has been suspended for 2 matches, I believe.So fans will 1st have to wait.

Amusing thought, we may end up with Upson and Huth as our CBs in our end of the season run in.

Though for me Wasi should be keeping his place.

I was making the point that Wes was at fault for the goal actually ....because he played RVP onside..... whether the linesman made a bad decision or not, if Wes had been inline, where he should have been, then that goal wouldn't have happened.

Whilst I appreciate this is tongue in cheek .... It'd be even more worrying if that happened!!!!

Of course it could have happnend if the lineman gave a bad decision like he did here.

????????

I know he wasn't in line with everyone else but it's clear as day that RVP is offside. For a start, the linesman himself isn't in line with play. It's just poor officiating. You can blame Morgan for not being up with everyone else as much as you want but that doesn't take away from the fact it's a pretty terrible decision.

Also, if Morgan had been in line RVP may well have held his run more and we could have had the same situation just further up the field.

Of course it could have happnend if the lineman gave a bad decision like he did here.

He would have had to make a howler of a decision then ... giving him onside when he was 5 yards off ..... As it was he was probably one step offside - easy decision to get wrong.

I just don't see how you can defend Wes for being totally out of line with the rest of the back four that he's meant to marshall ..... He made a mistake. I'm not suggesting he's shot for it .... but I do think it's him that on current form should make way for Huth.

Archived