Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Robert Huth - signs (Official)

Hate to say it but I hope this means we see less of Wes. Guy has been a disaster of late. At fault for all 3 goals at the weekend. Clumsy, not aerially dominant, and poor positioning. 

Am I not the only one who thinks that's harsh?

DD and Kram fecked up for the first and the defence played their man offside. Not his fault the official can't do his job.

The own goal he didn't even see the ball coming did he, so what's he meant to do?

DD and Kram fecked up for the first and the defence played their man offside. Not his fault the official can't do his job.

The own goal he didn't even see the ball coming did he, so what's he meant to do?

He ought to enter the school for wizardry, complete a quick course in Letting Stuff Disappear and Turn The Clock Back for Dummies, come back and deploy those tricks in the replay.

DD and Kram were at fault and yes, it should have been given offside. However, he was nowhere near in line with the rest of defence. The line was about two foot higher than Wes, and it was him that played RVP onside (even though it turns out he was marginally offside.) Same was true for the second goal. He consistently sits deeper than the rest of the defensive line, making it easy for Prem standard players to exploit the space and carve out chances.

O.G may have been unfortunate, but for me he seems to be getting 'unfortunate' a little too often for my liking. 

RVP, being the clever player that he is, sees how deep Wes is and takes up a position that allows him to find space. If Wes was in line with the rest of the defence, this would not be possible.

wes1.png

Same again for the second goal, Wes' positioning allowed them to flood forward and pick a pass easily.

wes2.png

Both goals came from losing the ball. I think Wes' problem is that he doesn't organise the defensive line quickly and is prone to being caught out in these sorts of situations that can spring up at any time in games. If you set up quickly, you set yourself as a defensive force to deal with these unexpected sequences of play. 

I've heard Huth is a very vocal defender, so hopefully he will do more to sort our defensive shape.

DD and Kram were at fault and yes, it should have been given offside. However, he was nowhere near in line with the rest of defence. The line was about two foot higher than Wes, and it was him that played RVP onside (even though it turns out he was marginally offside.) Same was true for the second goal. He consistently sits deeper than the rest of the defensive line, making it easy for Prem standard players to exploit the space and carve out chances.

O.G may have been unfortunate, but for me he seems to be getting 'unfortunate' a little too often for my liking. 

RVP, being the clever player that he is, sees how deep Wes is and takes up a position that allows him to find space. If Wes was in line with the rest of the defence, this would not be possible.

wes1.png

Same again for the second goal, Wes' positioning allowed them to flood forward and pick a pass easily.

wes2.png

Both goals came from losing the ball. I think Wes' problem is that he doesn't organise the defensive line quickly and is prone to being caught out in these sorts of situations that can spring up at any time in games. If you set up quickly, you set yourself as a defensive force to deal with these unexpected sequences of play. 

I've heard Huth is a very vocal defender, so hopefully he will do more to sort our defensive shape.

So Wes is at fault for playing RVP onside... even though he was clearly offside. I really think you are stretching that one a little bit.

So Wes is at fault for playing RVP onside... even though he was clearly offside. I really think you are stretching that one a little bit.

Wrong decision but I see the argument about Wes, sitting 4/5 yards behind the defensive line will cause the team problems, especially against intelligent forward players.

I don't think it's too much of a stretch to be honest. 

We all know RVP was offside, but if Wes was positioned correctly the opportunity that was presented to RVP wouldn't have been there in the first place. RVP didn't have to be offside in order to take advantage of what was poor defensive positioning - it just so happens that he was in this instance. 

Wrong decision but I see the argument about Wes, sitting 4/5 yards behind the defensive line will cause the team problems, especially against intelligent forward players.

It's a valid point IF he plays them onside, but he didn't for that goal quite clearly.

It's a valid point IF he plays them onside, but he didn't for that goal quite clearly.

C'mon! It was a pretty close run thing. If RVP was half a yard further back he'd have still out-paced Wes and scored the goal. The fact remains that the opportunity was there because of Wes' positioning. 

Archived