Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Robert Huth - signs (Official)

????????

I know he wasn't in line with everyone else but it's clear as day that RVP is offside. For a start, the linesman himself isn't in line with play. It's just poor officiating. You can blame Morgan for not being up with everyone else as much as you want but that doesn't take away from the fact it's a pretty terrible decision.

Also, if Morgan had been in line RVP may well have held his run more and we could have had the same situation just further up the field.

The goal stood. RVP was onside according to history - yes we can argue it was  mistake - and I'd argue it was a mistake that was made easy by Wes not being positioned correctly.

Create another thread ffs over the RVP goal, and get back to TOPIC.

How is "who should make way for Huth" not on topic???

He would have had to make a howler of a decision then ... giving him onside when he was 5 yards off ..... As it was he was probably one step offside - easy decision to get wrong.

I just don't see how you can defend Wes for being totally out of line with the rest of the back four that he's meant to marshall ..... He made a mistake. I'm not suggesting he's shot for it .... but I do think it's him that on current form should make way for Huth.

As I have already said, if Wes hadn't been there RVP would have been with him in the line and not in that position. I'm told RVP is brilliant, so I'm going to take that on board and presume he'd also be smart enough to move himself closer to the line and not be 6 feet offside. Thus still enabling the linesman to make a hash of what look a fairly obvious call even watching it not in line on tv.

Morgans job is to play his man offside which he did, that's why I can defend him in this instance. Would I prefer another defender 100%. But I stand by what I said about it being harsh to blame him alone for all three goals, especially when it was a cock up by the linesman... history showing it onside or not.

The goal stood. RVP was onside according to history - yes we can argue it was  mistake - and I'd argue it was a mistake that was made easy by Wes not being positioned correctly.

How is "who should make way for Huth" not on topic???

Too many posts on and read that one single goal,and rants thereover chooses the dropped player.

DD and Kram were at fault and yes, it should have been given offside. However, he was nowhere near in line with the rest of defence. The line was about two foot higher than Wes, and it was him that played RVP onside (even though it turns out he was marginally offside.) Same was true for the second goal. He consistently sits deeper than the rest of the defensive line, making it easy for Prem standard players to exploit the space and carve out chances.

O.G may have been unfortunate, but for me he seems to be getting 'unfortunate' a little too often for my liking.

RVP, being the clever player that he is, sees how deep Wes is and takes up a position that allows him to find space. If Wes was in line with the rest of the defence, this would not be possible.

wes1.png

Same again for the second goal, Wes' positioning allowed them to flood forward and pick a pass easily.

wes2.png

Both goals came from losing the ball. I think Wes' problem is that he doesn't organise the defensive line quickly and is prone to being caught out in these sorts of situations that can spring up at any time in games. If you set up quickly, you set yourself as a defensive force to deal with these unexpected sequences of play.

I've heard Huth is a very vocal defender, so hopefully he will do more to sort our defensive shape.

Wes hasn't been perfect but hard to pick him out at fault for either of the first two goals on Saturday. The first goal was down to us losing posession which was the problem all game. We just couldn't keep the bloody ball. Second goal was clearly down to Wasilewski- charging out like a bull at a gate which he does quite often. Not allowed to criticise him on here, though. Third goal I've watched again and again and I just think Wes was unfortunate. Yeah, you could say he's been so too often this season.

Funnily enough, I don't think either Wasilewksi or Wes were the problem on Sat in truth. The problem was we just conceded posession again and again. We just could not keep the ball. It's been our problem all season for me.

Defensively I think we've been better of late.

Wes hasn't been perfect but hard to pick him out at fault for either of the first two goals on Saturday. The first goal was down to us losing posession which was the problem all game. We just couldn't keep the bloody ball. Second goal was clearly down to Wasilewski- charging out like a bull at a gate which he does quite often. Not allowed to criticise him on here, though. Third goal I've watched again and again and I just think Wes was unfortunate. Yeah, you could say he's been so too often this season.

Funnily enough, I don't think either Wasilewksi or Wes were the problem on Sat in truth. The problem was we just conceded posession again and again. We just could not keep the ball. It's been our problem all season for me.

Defensively I think we've been better of late.

Dead right, its your midfielders that are supposed to create the space by pushing into the opposition half to allow  your defenders to hold the ball. Our midfielders are too busy trying to defend which just allows the opposition to control the midfield area.   

I was making the point that Wes was at fault for the goal actually ....because he played RVP onside..... whether the linesman made a bad decision or not, if Wes had been inline, where he should have been, then that goal wouldn't have happened.

One of the stupidest things I've ever read on here, and that takes some going. How in God's name could he have played a player onside who was clearly offside at the time?

If the laws of the game aren't applied correctly you can't blame our players for it.

If, for example, a Liverpool player crosses it in to the box, Morgan heads it clear and the referee decides to give Liverpool a penalty, would that also be Morgan's fault? Purely hypothetical mind you, I'm sure nothing that ridiculous could happen.

One of the stupidest things I've ever read on here, and that takes some going. How in God's name could he have played a player onside who was clearly offside at the time?

If the laws of the game aren't applied correctly you can't blame our players for it.

If, for example, a Liverpool player crosses it in to the box, Morgan heads it clear and the referee decides to give Liverpool a penalty, would that also be Morgan's fault? Purely hypothetical mind you, I'm sure nothing that ridiculous could happen.

In another example .... A defender jockeying someone in the penalty area with both arms out gets the ball blasted into his arm and gives away handball ..... harsh decision / wrong decision ..... But poor play from the player who should have taken the possibility away by getting his hands to his side. Officials make mistakes ..... Players can help themselves from being the victim of those mistakes. 

Wes had an awful line for RVP's goal. I don't know why you want to defend poor defending.

Thankfully NP will be having a word with Wes about his line for that goal and not just naming the linesman (I hope so anyway!).

In another example .... A defender jockeying someone in the penalty area with both arms out gets the ball blasted into his arm and gives away handball ..... harsh decision / wrong decision ..... But poor play from the player who should have taken the possibility away by getting his hands to his side. Officials make mistakes ..... Players can help themselves from being the victim of those mistakes. 

Wes had an awful line for RVP's goal. I don't know why you want to defend poor defending.

Thankfully NP will be having a word with Wes about his line for that goal and not just naming the linesman (I hope so anyway!).

Well if the linesman couldn't spot a clear offside, why is there any guarantee that he would spot a slightly clearer offside? You are clutching at straws and your original post was utter horseshit based on absolute speculation.

If he couldn't spot that offside, there's no guarantee he'd have flagged even if van Persie had picked up the ball, dribbled it like a basketball and thrown it into the net.

Why hasn't anyone realised that the third goal was actually Ulloa's fault for letting his man get infront of him to flick the ball on. His one job is to stop that happening. Wasn't even Wes' fault in my opinion. He's got to head the ball, just typical of his luck it goes in

Not really ... the official gave it onside and the goal stood ... If wes had been in line with the rest of the back 4 (which there is no excuse why he wasn't) then there would have been no room for the official to make a tight decision wrongly.

God you are such a tit , sometimes....

Archived