Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
knowf***all

Premier league..... aint all that

It's not the premier league that's been disappointing, it's our experience based on the results we have had this season. This is by far the best league in the world where any team can beat any other. In La Liga, it's always Madrid or Barca who usually win it. And they always beat the lower teams, in games that are not even competitive. The amount of times I've seen either of them win 5-0, 6-0, 7-0 is tiresome. The Italian League is dire now and the quality of football has been poor since the match fixing scandal around 2006. We just have to look at our 5-3 win against United. That sort of comeback would not happen in any other league

I think fans like that safety net where we dominate most teams in the division like we would in the championship. It doesn't mean the league is any better but more enjoyable viewing from our own point of view. IT's better to be a small fish in a big pond, than a big fish in a small pond.

Like last year when Atletico won it.

Lets not pretend the Premier League is very open either. Only one of four sides will realistically win it and even two of those are very highly unlikely to.

That second bit in bold too is a total myth. Real Sociedad beat Real Madrid 4-2 this season after trailing 0-2.

Now I'm not trying to downplay what we did in that Man Utd game, it was absolutely amazing, but that wasn't down to it being in the Premier League, it can happen in any league.

It's nice to be in the Prem but if I'm honest I don't really care which league we're in, if we're doing well.

Is there anyone who didn't enjoy last season?

TBH Is there anyone who didn't enjoy our only season in the third tier?

I personally hate the Premier league as an organisation and will laugh when Europe eventually gets its ars in gear and sets up an "elite Euro league" which I won't watch , taking away the few top English (international) teams. Prem is gradually killing the lower tiered teams and not doing much for the national teams. 

There is just so much wrong with this post:

Anyone who starts a thread like this needs to take a step back, because it doesnt make any sense whatsoever.

IF you want low cost football, "honest" players, to put two fingers up to corporate football and the "Premier League Brand", then STOP following Leicester City. In fact STOP following professional clubs. Because the club is effectively aspiring to ruin your enjoyment of football by becoming established in the Premier League. It wants the stability of extra income, and the players want to be playing at the highest level for their careers.

People say "whats the point in being a West Brom". The point is being an established top level club, who can keep improving, challenge for cups, have more talented players representing it, big wins v big clubs, the possible chance of getting to Europe, developing world class talent. Southampton, Swansea, West Brom have done it, and ARE doing it now.

Is it really better to go into a weaker league and have a little hollow celebration at winning? like wooohooo were rinsing a league of Brentfords and Rotherhams? Come on lads, thats absolutely pathetic that outlook. Sooner go up and down and yo-yo........sooner consistently fail at the top level by being relegated a few times. The mind boggles. If the Premier League "aint all that" everything else, by definition, is worse.

The fact is, whether its backed by SKY or not, the Premier League is the top divison. If youre in it, you are one of the 20 best teams in England. Youre not a championship also ran who no one cares about. I guarantee you right now, no one outside of Derby, Middlesboro, Bournemouth other than a select few could give a flying **** about how they are performing this season. Neither can the fans OF the clubs if you look at a half empty Riverside every week. The football down there is random and crap, squads full of players that cant cut it at the top level, and players who will be off to the top level as soon as someone comes in for them.

If all youre interested in is a cheap ticket and a ground thats falling down, you might as well have gotten out of professional football years ago.

How many of you still pay for SKY? or your parents do? you fuel the machine if you do.

Celebration of winning is never hollow.

I Care about Leicester if they are in the Prem, Championship or any other division. I don't care about the other divisions if Leciester are not in them. I'm sure that I'm not the only one here or in the rest of the world who feels this way.

If that's what you feel about Football in leagues other than the Prem you're not really a Leicester supporter nor are you a football supporter. I suggest that you follow Man U - oh they're crap now too - Chelsea or whoever is the unbeatable team in world football these days.

And one other thing a lot of the football in the Prem could be described as crap too.

Like last year when Atletico won it.

Lets not pretend the Premier League is very open either. Only one of four sides will realistically win it and even two of those are very highly unlikely to.

That second bit in bold too is a total myth. Real Sociedad beat Real Madrid 4-2 this season after trailing 0-2.

Now I'm not trying to downplay what we did in that Man Utd game, it was absolutely amazing, but that wasn't down to it being in the Premier League, it can happen in any league.

Isn't it amazing how people still trot out this nonsense despite Atletico only winning La Liga last season?

Someone was still saying in the pub last week six teams can win Premier league and that's why it's the best, asked him to name the six and he even slipped Everton in lol

There is just so much wrong with this post:

Celebration of winning is never hollow.

I Care about Leicester if they are in the Prem, Championship or any other division. I don't care about the other divisions if Leciester are not in them. I'm sure that I'm not the only one here or in the rest of the world who feels this way.

If that's what you feel about Football in leagues other than the Prem you're not really a Leicester supporter nor are you a football supporter. I suggest that you follow Man U - oh they're crap now too - Chelsea or whoever is the unbeatable team in world football these days.

And one other thing a lot of the football in the Prem could be described as crap too.

Celebration of winning is most certainly hollow when youre playing in a league below where you should be. Weve got the resources, facilities and fan base here to have a top flight club, not one where were happy to be in the Championship and god forbid one where we are celebrating beating Leyton Orient in a 1/3 empty stadium.

How do you draw the conclusion im not a Leicester fan? did you want to make this some sort of dick measuring contest about whos the bigger fan?

The football is worse in the Championship, I dont know how you can argue it isnt. Technically, tactically, individual players, its worse.

Explain this: You say you "dont care what division we are in as long as we are doing well"....so life stops for you at Premier League promotion then like other people because in your eyes, there is nowhere else to go. So you might as well be relegated again so you can have another go at promotion........oh wait were in the Premier League, lets go back down then.

All it boils down to is a "coolness" factor that you and a few others think its a badge of honour that anything Premier League is shit, and that all football is to you is standing in the rain and the cold in League 1 and pretending its some kind of achievement that a club a decade previous that was playing at Wembley almost every other year BY THE WAY can now flat track bully Colchester and Rochdale. And you do this because you have no ambition yourself, yet you expect the players to have promotion aspirations.

It's nice to be in the Prem but if I'm honest I don't really care which league we're in, if we're doing well.

I personally hate the Premier league as an organisation and will laugh when Europe eventually gets its ars in gear and sets up an "elite Euro league" which I won't watch , taking away the few top English (international) teams. Prem is gradually killing the lower tiered teams and not doing much for the national teams. 

You wouldnt be hating the Premier League if we were doing well then, because you "dont care what league were in if were doing well"

But as were going down, you "hate" the Premier League and want to laugh at it.

Youre like the little kid who had a mardy and took his ball home. Laughable.

A club like Leicester should be aiming to be Premier League. As a supporter I will watch Leicester in whatever league we are in. Being in the championship wasn't much fun 04-08, apart from a couple of wins at Barnsley!

Be nice to establish ourselves in the PL, but being Leicester City we probably won't!

Of course the PL is overrated with too much hyperbole, but I want Leicester City to be there, knowing full well that we are on a rollercoaster, knowing we are always going to be one shit manager away from relegation after seemingly being established, Mclintock, Hamilton, Taylor etc.

This season might yet have a,crazy ending for us, knowing Leicester we will move out of the bottom 3 on match 37, and drop back in on match 38! Then again we might,survive and actually get the pitch invasion so many others missed last year courtesy of Sky.

Wherever we are next season I will be there, but want to see us have another crack at this premier league gig!

Before I get shot down.. I haven't checked any stats, but I'm sure we had more attempts on goal, more attacks, more times we jumped out of our seats last season....even the season before.

I like the excitement of an attack, a winger getting to the byline and whipping in a cross, but we're not getting that this season.

Everyone wants to be in the premier league because of the money etc but so far the only good thing for us this season is being able to go to bed earlier on a Saturday cos were on match of the day and not on that other sh1t programme and as far as the money ..... Well I'm not any richer but I'm sure the players are!!!!

Also, everyone wants to be in the Premier League because that is the pinnacle of our domestic game and attracts top talent from across the world.

Obviously, I would much see Leicester City in a higher place than they currently are but this IS the place to be without doubt. It's a great shame we couldn't live up to it.

Also, everyone wants to be in the Premier League because that is the pinnacle of our domestic game and attracts top talent from across the world.

Obviously, I would much see Leicester City in a higher place than they currently are but this IS the place to be without doubt. It's a great shame we couldn't live up to it.

Exactly

If you are in the championship, you are not doing well.

Alright, ill throw it out there:

For all the Premier League haters, what do you want for the future of Leicester City?

Relocation to Malaga and entry to La Liga.

Celebration of winning is most certainly hollow when youre playing in a league below where you should be. Weve got the resources, facilities and fan base here to have a top flight club, not one where were happy to be in the Championship and god forbid one where we are celebrating beating Leyton Orient in a 1/3 empty stadium.

How do you draw the conclusion im not a Leicester fan? did you want to make this some sort of dick measuring contest about whos the bigger fan?

The football is worse in the Championship, I dont know how you can argue it isnt. Technically, tactically, individual players, its worse.

Explain this: You say you "dont care what division we are in as long as we are doing well"....so life stops for you at Premier League promotion then like other people because in your eyes, there is nowhere else to go. So you might as well be relegated again so you can have another go at promotion........oh wait were in the Premier League, lets go back down then.

All it boils down to is a "coolness" factor that you and a few others think its a badge of honour that anything Premier League is shit, and that all football is to you is standing in the rain and the cold in League 1 and pretending its some kind of achievement that a club a decade previous that was playing at Wembley almost every other year BY THE WAY can now flat track bully Colchester and Rochdale. And you do this because you have no ambition yourself, yet you expect the players to have promotion aspirations.

Anyone who starts a thread like this needs to take a step back, because it doesnt make any sense whatsoever.

IF you want low cost football, "honest" players, to put two fingers up to corporate football and the "Premier League Brand", then STOP following Leicester City. In fact STOP following professional clubs. Because the club is effectively aspiring to ruin your enjoyment of football by becoming established in the Premier League. It wants the stability of extra income, and the players want to be playing at the highest level for their careers.

People say "whats the point in being a West Brom". The point is being an established top level club, who can keep improving, challenge for cups, have more talented players representing it, big wins v big clubs, the possible chance of getting to Europe, developing world class talent. Southampton, Swansea, West Brom have done it, and ARE doing it now.

Is it really better to go into a weaker league and have a little hollow celebration at winning? like wooohooo were rinsing a league of Brentfords and Rotherhams? Come on lads, thats absolutely pathetic that outlook. Sooner go up and down and yo-yo........sooner consistently fail at the top level by being relegated a few times. The mind boggles. If the Premier League "aint all that" everything else, by definition, is worse.

The fact is, whether its backed by SKY or not, the Premier League is the top divison. If youre in it, you are one of the 20 best teams in England. Youre not a championship also ran who no one cares about. I guarantee you right now, no one outside of Derby, Middlesboro, Bournemouth other than a select few could give a flying **** about how they are performing this season. Neither can the fans OF the clubs if you look at a half empty Riverside every week. The football down there is random and crap, squads full of players that cant cut it at the top level, and players who will be off to the top level as soon as someone comes in for them.

If all youre interested in is a cheap ticket and a ground thats falling down, you might as well have gotten out of professional football years ago.

How many of you still pay for SKY? or your parents do? you fuel the machine if you do.

Fantastic posts. :appl:

I think some people have misunderstood my point of view.... It's not that I'm saying I would rather be in a lower league, I want us to stay in the premier league, I like to see the ground full for all the games, the atmosphere has improved as well, I like the excitement, I'm quite happy with the cost of my season ticket....not gone up much over the last few years

Ive been going to the city for over 40 years so have seen some good and bad years, some exciting teams, some very poor ones as well but I will support us whatever league we are in.

I'm sure that I'm not on my own when I say that as a football fan I like to see attacking play and goals!!!! Even producers of football programs tend to leave goalless draws til the end of the show,

it's an entertainment sport and at present I would say I personally was more entertained last season

I'm looking forward to the prospect of an exciting escape from relegation

If not I'm looking forward to a push for promotion next season

That's my view anyway

I definitely agree with sky money poisoning our sport and turning the prem into a bit of a circus and with 5 bil tabled it's only going to get worse, but if people are stupid enough to get ripped off every month then we are as much a part of the problem as anyone. You want things to change - stop bending over for Rupert.

Don't forget our owners are advertising the king power brand to a massive audience in the prem and from a business perspective the championship won't be a part of the plan. As a club we have to have ambitions to be in the top flight, let's not forget it took us ten years to get there and will probably take another ten to establish ourselves.

Up the foxes

The modern football fan is such a yawn,I bet your nights fly by.

Isn't it amazing how people still trot out this nonsense despite Atletico only winning La Liga last season?

Someone was still saying in the pub last week six teams can win Premier league and that's why it's the best, asked him to name the six and he even slipped Everton in lol

Six!!! Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd & Liverpool, and I think even the latter two are very unlikely now, Arsenal won't win it again under Wenger.

The only chance of anyone overthrowing that is with a tycoon buyout like those two had.

Alright, ill throw it out there:

For all the Premier League haters, what do you want for the future of Leicester City?

To play in the top flight, but for the Premier League to move in the right direction, which it won't. They think the solution to everything is more money.

Should the Premier League cut prices (they won't) and start to focus on their roots a bit more (why would they?) then it'll continue to become more and more soulless.

I've never understood the mentality of a football supporter who wouldn't want their team to aspire to the highest possible level, otherwise what is the point? In my lifetime I still dream of seeing my club win the FA Cup or the Premier League or indeed anything, it's always been for me seeing how high we can rise, whether it be short term or long term.

I have become disillusioned over the years with the way the game has changed (for the worse, no doubt about that) but I will always want us to aim as high as we possibly can, **** settling for mediocrity.

I've never understood the mentality of a football supporter who wouldn't want their team to aspire to the highest possible level, otherwise what is the point? In my lifetime I still dream of seeing my club win the FA Cup or the Premier League or indeed anything, it's always been for me seeing how high we can rise, whether it be short term or long term.

I have become disillusioned over the years with the way the game has changed (for the worse, no doubt about that) but I will always want us to aim as high as we possibly can, **** settling for mediocrity.

It's not a case of settling for mediocrity, and we saw our team win something last year by a country mile and that was great, I would love us to win the fa cup, so disappointed at the way we we went out at villa, and would love for us to be winning games,

I'm being realistic and will keep supporting my hometown team whatever

I think it's the fans who are so obsessed with us being in the premier league are the moaners who call for the managers head all the time, the ones who boo the team, the ones who scream that we are shit,

We aren't shit we just aren't quite good enough and that's ok with me

It's not a case of settling for mediocrity, and we saw our team win something last year by a country mile and that was great, I would love us to win the fa cup, so disappointed at the way we we went out at villa, and would love for us to be winning games,

I'm being realistic and will keep supporting my hometown team whatever

I think it's the fans who are so obsessed with us being in the premier league are the moaners who call for the managers head all the time, the ones who boo the team, the ones who scream that we are shit,

We aren't shit we just aren't quite good enough and that's ok with me

That part is spot on. I think those of us who have supported the team longer term have a greater perspective and I suppose have more comparisons to draw upon. We have been truly shit in the past, and we are not that at the moment by any stretch of the imagination. More so, like you say, just not quite good enough at this current juncture.

Unfortunately your dream will remain exactly that. And that's the trouble with the premier league. Essentially as a competition between 20 teams trying to win it it doesn't exist. As a genuine competition for the title it is dead and frankly quite boring. Each year only 4 teams have a realistic chance of winning, possibly 5 if you include Liverpool. Man Utd finishing 7th last season was one of the best things to happen to football in recent seasons. Shame they weren't relegated though that will never happen again. But what was their response? A spending spree of around 200million. I really wish Southampton would win it this season but they won't and then again their best players will be sold on.

I recall Derby and Forest winning the old first division. Now they're similar size clubs to us. Will they ever win it again? No. neither is it likely Ipswich will ever finish second again. Will Villa ever win it again? Probably not and they are a big club.

The divide between the clubs a the top and the rest is growing and is fuelled by the TV money which has ruined the league as a competition and taken away the importance of the cup competitions to such an extent that even sides like us make 5 changes for a cup match because staying in the premier league is so financially vital to clubs and their owners.

I'm not saying I don't want us to be in it or to try and do the best we can but what is that in reality. Winning 8-10 games each season, possibly finishing as high as 10th once or twice before finally finishing in the bottom 3 and relegation a few years down the line. Our owners maybe rich but they aren't rich enough nor are we big enough to hope for anything more than that.

There's some great players in the league but as a pure competition the Championship is more unpredictable and in some ways more exciting even if the quality isn't as good.

Unfortunately your dream will remain exactly that. And that's the trouble with the premier league. Essentially as a competition between 20 teams trying to win it it doesn't exist. As a genuine competition for the title it is dead and frankly quite boring. Each year only 4 teams have a realistic chance of winning, possibly 5 if you include Liverpool. Man Utd finishing 7th last season was one of the best things to happen to football in recent seasons. Shame they weren't relegated though that will never happen again. But what was their response? A spending spree of around 200million. I really wish Southampton would win it this season but they won't and then again their best players will be sold on.

I recall Derby and Forest winning the old first division. Now they're similar size clubs to us. Will they ever win it again? No. neither is it likely Ipswich will ever finish second again. Will Villa ever win it again? Probably not and they are a big club.

The divide between the clubs a the top and the rest is growing and is fuelled by the TV money which has ruined the league as a competition and taken away the importance of the cup competitions to such an extent that even sides like us make 5 changes for a cup match because staying in the premier league is so financially vital to clubs and their owners.

I'm not saying I don't want us to be in it or to try and do the best we can but what is that in reality. Winning 8-10 games each season, possibly finishing as high as 10th once or twice before finally finishing in the bottom 3 and relegation a few years down the line. Our owners maybe rich but they aren't rich enough nor are we big enough to hope for anything more than that.

There's some great players in the league but as a pure competition the Championship is more unpredictable and in some ways more exciting even if the quality isn't as good.

I agree with all of that and I like I said I am disillusioned with the whole thing as i'm sure are 99% of all supporters outside of the top 5 or 6 current 'big clubs'. But, things change over time and I will never give up hope. It's highly unlikely I will ever see my team win the top division, but there's always the cup, eh?  ;)

The divide between the clubs a the top and the rest is growing and is fuelled by the TV money which has ruined the league as a competition and taken away the importance of the cup competitions to such an extent that even sides like us make 5 changes for a cup match because staying in the premier league is so financially vital to clubs and their owners

agreed, that's sort of what I'm trying to say

Correct me if I'm wrong.....and I'd be surprised if somebody didn't , but I think it was the 12/13 season when we beat forest last game to get into play offs out of all the games played in the championship that last day only two? games had nothing riding on it.......that's excitement, didn't get that in the premier, it was all pretty much decided before the las day

Rubbish...remember why you are so named...

lol

Archived