Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
knowf***all

Premier league..... aint all that

The Premier League is the place to be for the club, but i'm getting sick of being cast aside as a supporter.

If there was a guarantee that ticket prices would be limited to £20 with this £5bn deal then I would want to stay because I prefer seeing some of the best Leicester players of this generation play in the best league in the world, but I don't see it happening.

If we're going down then I say bring it on. The Championship lacks the quality of this league, but it's infinitely more exciting.

yay lets aspire to be mid table, how fun. you can predict how the premier league table will look based on how much money each team has spent, face it, the premier league is complete garbage these days. they shouldn't even play games, the league should just be decided by which clubs owner has the most money.

If this was the case then QPR would be up there winning the league.... 

It's not the premier league that's been disappointing, it's our experience based on the results we have had this season. This is by far the best league in the world where any team can beat any other. In La Liga, it's always Madrid or Barca who usually win it. And they always beat the lower teams, in games that are not even competitive. The amount of times I've seen either of them win 5-0, 6-0, 7-0 is tiresome. The Italian League is dire now and the quality of football has been poor since the match fixing scandal around 2006. We just have to look at our 5-3 win against United. That sort of comeback would not happen in any other league. 

I think fans like that safety net where we dominate most teams in the division like we would in the championship. It doesn't mean the league is any better but more enjoyable viewing from our own point of view. IT's better to be a small fish in a big pond, than a big fish in a small pond.

Only missed a few games in the last 2 seasons and the premiership is miles ahead of the championship in terms of excitement.

Beating poor teams every week is fine but any sport needs the challenge or it just gets boring. Leicester win the next 5 matches at home would be an incredible experience, winning 5 in championship would be great but not the same 

This just sounds bitter.

There are positives to going down, like Dan said - better away days or cheaper tickets. But after the win against Man United or seeing us on Match of the Day, how boring is Huddersfield away going to sound on a Tuesday night. Obviously, I'll keep supporting them but it doesn't give you same buzz, no matter how you try and disguise it.

The atmosphere and general desire to win among the fans has been better. I'm sure that would gradually wear off, the longer we stayed in the top flight, but I think people are kidding themselves if they think next year will be anything like last season. 

This isn't the best league in the world in terms of quality, but for us it's as good as it gets (if we can actually stay up).

I like the increased coverage and watching the team more often.

Though saying that we were on TV a lot the last two seasons when we were doing well in the Championship.

I also liked cheaper tickets last season. I liked League One for away days though

Look at just about all the player stats for the season. Goals scored, shots on target, shots off target, assists, tackles won.

Then look at the team stats.

Mate, we've been rubbish.

Just a couple of wins against our lower table rivals would see us higher in the table. And we haven't even managed that.

The Prem is the place to be. We have just given, thus far, a very very poor account of ourselves.

Funny you mention stats because the Who Scored Team Stats Tables are pretty favourable to us:-

http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/2/Seasons/4311/Stages/9155/TeamStatistics/England-Premier-League-2014-2015

Rated 17th

Possession 18th

Passing Success 17th

Aerial Battles Won 6th

Shots per game 17th

Shots on target per game 16th

Dribbles per game 10th

Fouled per game 19th

Shots conceded per game 18th

Tackles made per game 8th

Interceptions made per game 3rd

Fouls conceded per game 2nd

Offsides occurred per game 19th

Goals Scored equal 17th

Goals conceded 4th

The fact that we are not bottom in any of those criteria suggest to me that we simply made too many individual errors.

This just sounds bitter.

There are positives to going down, like Dan said - better away days or cheaper tickets. But after the win against Man United or seeing us on Match of the Day, how boring is Huddersfield away going to sound on a Tuesday night. Obviously, I'll keep supporting them but it doesn't give you same buzz, no matter how you try and disguise it.

The atmosphere and general desire to win among the fans has been better. I'm sure that would gradually wear off, the longer we stayed in the top flight, but I think people are kidding themselves if they think next year will be anything like last season. 

This isn't the best league in the world in terms of quality, but for us it's as good as it gets (if we can actually stay up).

I don't care if Leicester are playing Huddersfield or United. Actually I'd probably rather watch them play Huddersfield. But you want your team to be successful, and this season has been anything but. Watching us win four games all season has been pretty grim, although there have been some enjoyable moments.

For fans maybe there are positives to going down, but for the club there aren't any. ONLY if we need to rebuild the squad and get rid of deadwood is it really a positive thing. Like we did in 2008 when we were relegated to League 1, that squad was literally dismantled and rebuilt with better hungier players. This squad will get better, we have wonderful individuals here and I fear relegation will take a lot of that squad apart, with clubs picking off our most talented players. This argument about ticket prices, I do understand, but you could go as far as saying ticket prices will get cheaper in league one or league two...etc. Surely the success of the club comes above this, although ticket prices are out of control, I wouldn't sacrifice PL football for it. 

I don't care if Leicester are playing Huddersfield or United. Actually I'd probably rather watch them play Huddersfield. But you want your team to be successful, and this season has been anything but. Watching us win four games all season has been pretty grim, although there have been some enjoyable moments.

True, but the Premier League is the end result of any measurable success in that league. I don't think many people would be content with several top-half finishes or reaching the play-offs without going up anymore. Of course, the Premier League isn't the be all and end all, but if we weren't in the relegation zone the experience would be so much better than the Championship.

It's a great league if as both fans you have the money to go to the games, which is becoming increasingly difficult, and if the club you support are super rich, otherwise it can be boring knowing that only a select few clubs will ever win the league. In terms of excitement - if you're a neutral - then it's the best league in the world. The influx of foreign players have helped. I'm beginning to fall out of love with the league as it's just becoming all about money and soulless...mind you I still want to be in it next season!

Ironically, if you enjoy seeing us being successful and winning games eventually we will end up where we are now, in the PL. Think fans have to accept, we cannot go on an upward curve forever. Success can be achieved from us surviving having won only 8 games all season for example. Success is progress, we have gone from league one to PL in 6 years, and hopefully over the next 6 we can establish ourselves in the league, even if our winning % falls as a result. 

Fans want their team to win, and it's easier to do that as a medium-sized club in a lower league than in the PL.

But the only way a medium sized club can become a big club is by success on the pitch. The game is about glory, I can't remember too many league games but our League Cup wins stay in the memory. I am only interested in success for City. That means playing in the PL. As a promoted team we don't have the number of PL quality players established clubs possess, so it's going to be hard for us at first. We have to go through the pain of losing more matches than we'd like until we can build up the squad and establish stability in the PL.

I'm not enjoying this season last the last one but if we can survive the many disappointments will have been worthwhile, and we should be stronger next year, so the pleasure of watching City will increase.

This can be dismissed as, if we'd won a few more games we wouldn't be saying that, but what's the point in being a Sunderland or West Brom where survival is the aim every single season, I think I'd be far happier yo-yo'ing... just as long as it doesn't take 10 years of mainly dross to get back

Personally I wish the Premier League had 24 teams so there were more games & I wish it was still a contact sport like the lower leagues are

It's because we've come up and not done very well.

If we'd had a few more wins then people wouldn't be saying this. This is the only place to be imo

Agreed.

It's the top division, the relative pinnacle for our club.

I was SO fed up of a championship by the time we left it and I can tell you it aint all that when you're losing to Barnsley and Doncaster.

This can be dismissed as, if we'd won a few more games we wouldn't be saying that, but what's the point in being a Sunderland or West Brom where survival is the aim every single season, I think I'd be far happier yo-yo'ing... just as long as it doesn't take 10 years of mainly dross to get back

Personally I wish the Premier League had 24 teams so there were more games & I wish it was still a contact sport like the lower leagues are

But that's why the cup needs to be taken seriously, it's the only real glory the club can aspire to.

There's no fun in getting relegated. Why must a good season be followed by a crap one?

I'd rather have the satisfaction being a top league club with the bonus of seeing better football and a greater possibility of winning a trophy. That's the theory, that's the model we need to try and live up to. Being in the Championship is no good to us at all.

But that's why the cup needs to be taken seriously, it's the only real glory the club can aspire to.

There's no fun in getting relegated. Why must a good season be followed by a crap one?

I'd rather have the satisfaction being a top league club with the bonus of seeing better football and a greater possibility of winning a trophy. That's the theory, that's the model we need to try and live up to. Being in the Championship is no good to us at all.

Agree totally, but we were kinda spoilt by two cup wins in three finals appearances in the 90s, some top flight clubs can go decades between honours, so with that in mind - being faced with the eternal battle for 17th or dalliances with both, I'd choose both.

that's not to say that I wouldn't rather be towards the top of the Prem, cup wins & Euro campaigns over that.... but I'd also choose a 'La Ferrari' as my next car if we're talking bollocks

Over priced

Over paid

Over egotistical players

Over rated grounds

Over rated managers

Over hyped league.

Who needs the premier league when you've got the Championship (sounds a better league aswell!)

Forget this new premier league, we want to play in the league with all the old premier league teams, Leeds, Wolves, Reading, Norwich, Sheff Wednesday etc were we think we are going to runaway with the league and get bored of winning but will probably have another 10 year struggle

I agree with most of your post, but no sure about the 'better football' line. Sure some of the teams we are up against are playing a higher standard and quality of football, but I wouldn't say we are playing better football than last season. In the Championship pretty much every game was played at a fast blood and thunder style, and alot of games this year has been us just chasing the ball as other clubs just pass for passing's sake at a very sedate pace.

I personally would much rather be a yo-yo side than be a Sunderland, aspiring to finish 16th every year. Financially though the club needs to spend a good few years in this league.

Leicester City are just mocking the Premier League, thats why we didnt give a fook about buying better players and why we play like shít  especially on tv.

We only beat Man Utd to take the píss that even a bunch of cretins like ourselves can best the greatest Premier League club of all time.

We'll take the money and run back to the promised land of the Championship and get fat off the parachute payments.

Anyone who starts a thread like this needs to take a step back, because it doesnt make any sense whatsoever.

IF you want low cost football, "honest" players, to put two fingers up to corporate football and the "Premier League Brand", then STOP following Leicester City. In fact STOP following professional clubs. Because the club is effectively aspiring to ruin your enjoyment of football by becoming established in the Premier League. It wants the stability of extra income, and the players want to be playing at the highest level for their careers.

People say "whats the point in being a West Brom". The point is being an established top level club, who can keep improving, challenge for cups, have more talented players representing it, big wins v big clubs, the possible chance of getting to Europe, developing world class talent. Southampton, Swansea, West Brom have done it, and ARE doing it now.

Is it really better to go into a weaker league and have a little hollow celebration at winning? like wooohooo were rinsing a league of Brentfords and Rotherhams? Come on lads, thats absolutely pathetic that outlook. Sooner go up and down and yo-yo........sooner consistently fail at the top level by being relegated a few times. The mind boggles. If the Premier League "aint all that" everything else, by definition, is worse.

The fact is, whether its backed by SKY or not, the Premier League is the top divison. If youre in it, you are one of the 20 best teams in England. Youre not a championship also ran who no one cares about. I guarantee you right now, no one outside of Derby, Middlesboro, Bournemouth other than a select few could give a flying **** about how they are performing this season. Neither can the fans OF the clubs if you look at a half empty Riverside every week. The football down there is random and crap, squads full of players that cant cut it at the top level, and players who will be off to the top level as soon as someone comes in for them.

If all youre interested in is a cheap ticket and a ground thats falling down, you might as well have gotten out of professional football years ago.

How many of you still pay for SKY? or your parents do? you fuel the machine if you do.

Archived