Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

Smuts' NFL Thread

23 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

I know we did it against GB but I have no faith in this team coming from behind. 

I love Purdy but I can see a pick 6 more than a TD pass atm

oops

• Haha 1

Sensational.

First half they were strangers, 2nd half the real team showed up.

That said, detroit made it easier for us than it should have been - sometimes you go on 4th down, sure, but detroit failed 3 times, and the one time they didn't go for it, when they were all over us, they settled for a FG.  That was key, but also, Goff sucks under pressure.

Need to be way more focused in the SB.  Although detroit's offence were incredible first half, not sure KC are better against where we are weakest.

4am, off to bed happy.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Why am I staying up. 

The Chiefs are going to win the superbowl and the niners are going to shit the bed 

7 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

The only comfort is that, playing like this, detroit will win the superbowl.

7 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

I swear, any team in the league would be beating us tonight.  It's embarrassing.

7 hours ago, Lako42 said:

I know we did it against GB but I have no faith in this team coming from behind. 

I love Purdy but I can see a pick 6 more than a TD pass atm

Oh yea 49er fans of little faith!

21 hours ago, Golden Fox said:

Well that was a s**t first half.

Well that was a f*****g great second half.

Went to bed at half time not seeing any possibility of a comeback, but Dazn showing the Niners next game as the Superbowl & a glimpse of Purdy holding the NFC trophy on a TV spoilt the enjoyment comeback to some degree!

Difference for me was those 2 4th down calls by Campbell. Live by the sword, die by the sword, but to give up 3 points twice when the range is more than a brotherly shove away was reckless. The first instance, when they were 14 up and could have made it a 3 score game was the moment the momentum shifted. I understand having an identity, but you have to know you need to override it when the game situation demands.

• Like 1

On 29/01/2024 at 04:02, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Thought he played well. Can't blame him for the fact Reynolds can't catch and the defense stopped tackling.

In the first half when he could just stand in the pocket and pass, yes - but as soon as he had to move he was poor, the second blown 4th down being the most damaging example.

On 29/01/2024 at 09:35, CheeseHead said:

Oh yea 49er fans of little faith!

never gave up hope, but we were dog-do in the first half and detroit were superb - humble enough to admit that.

20 hours ago, Golden Fox said:

Well that was a f*****g great second half.

Went to bed at half time not seeing any possibility of a comeback, but Dazn showing the Niners next game as the Superbowl & a glimpse of Purdy holding the NFC trophy on a TV spoilt the enjoyment comeback to some degree!

Difference for me was those 2 4th down calls by Campbell. Live by the sword, die by the sword, but to give up 3 points twice when the range is more than a brotherly shove away was reckless. The first instance, when they were 14 up and could have made it a 3 score game was the moment the momentum shifted. I understand having an identity, but you have to know you need to override it when the game situation demands.

poor form, i saw it through and what a treat it was.

• Like 1